Author Topic: Get out of Jail Free Card......................  (Read 11895 times)

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Get out of Jail Free Card......................
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2014, 11:03:09 PM »
The referee was poor.The penalty was just a normal clash where no player even appealed, Connor fouled their fall back (thankfully) for the winning goal and their players conned him with their histrionics every time they got tackled, but.................
DG must have been the only person who didn't see for the umpteenth time that booting the ball as high and as long as possible, especially with that wind just didnt work. The front men and the midfield were taken out of the game and when they did get the ball their passes were wasted. We have the smallest forwards and midfield in the league, but we still lump it and unless we change that, play off hopes will vanish. That said it's always great to get three points when you just don't deserve it so we are all delighted. Oxford were equally as good as us, and only the woodwork four times stopped them heading home without the points. The two new arrivals to me were no better than we had, so cant work out their arrival at all and the lad who came on with the nice touches doesn't give you the impression either he's going to be one to rely on in a battle does he? Huge, huge game now Saturday

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2014, 08:08:48 AM »
The referee was poor.The penalty was just a normal clash where no player even appealed, Connor fouled their fall back (thankfully) for the winning goal and their players conned him with their histrionics every time they got tackled, but.................
DG must have been the only person who didn't see for the umpteenth time that booting the ball as high and as long as possible, especially with that wind just didnt work. The front men and the midfield were taken out of the game and when they did get the ball their passes were wasted. We have the smallest forwards and midfield in the league, but we still lump it and unless we change that, play off hopes will vanish. That said it's always great to get three points when you just don't deserve it so we are all delighted. Oxford were equally as good as us, and only the woodwork four times stopped them heading home without the points. The two new arrivals to me were no better than we had, so cant work out their arrival at all and the lad who came on with the nice touches doesn't give you the impression either he's going to be one to rely on in a battle does he? Huge, huge game now Saturday

I think you're being harsh on Kanodo (spelling?) as he grafted fairly well when he came on.  He definitely changed the game when he started to keep the ball and find one of our players with it.  You can be a fancy dan and useful sometimes and I thought he did both reasonably well.  It wasn't working for Ben Fairclough with his direct running so maybe Kanodo offers a different option.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2014, 09:06:55 AM »

I think you're being harsh on Kanodo (spelling?) as he grafted fairly well when he came on.  He definitely changed the game when he started to keep the ball and find one of our players with it.  You can be a fancy dan and useful sometimes and I thought he did both reasonably well.  It wasn't working for Ben Fairclough with his direct running so maybe Kanodo offers a different option.

I agree with you LCB

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2014, 10:25:57 AM »
Konadu made a difference with his control and simple passing, giving us a bit of possession which we so sadly lacked yet desperately needed in this game.
United we stand..................

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2014, 12:23:17 PM »
Konadu made a difference with his control and simple passing, giving us a bit of possession which we so sadly lacked yet desperately needed in this game.
Totally agree with this - until he came on there looked to be no way back into the game.  Konadu didn't look particularly quick or appear to put himself about very much, but he seemed to have so much more time on the ball than any other player on the pitch.  Could be a sign of a quality player, but won't necessarily endear him to most of the fans who like to see someone putting themselves about, chasing lost causes etc.  Will be interesting to see how he does if he gets a start next week, but at least we now know that god is on our side! ;)

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2014, 12:41:19 PM »
As DG said in his after match interview,it will take a little time for players to understand him but he is a player that likes the give and go short passing game,as others have said,once he came on and the hoof ball ceased we looked more threatening...

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2014, 12:46:33 PM »
He was one of the only players in our side who seemed to want to get on the ball, look what options were available and use the ball effectively. The others seems to want to help the ball on its way forward, with no proper aim.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Seenbetter

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2014, 01:02:23 PM »
Agree with LCB. Konadu did well for me and the game definitely changed in our favour when he came on. He made things look simple without running around like a headless chicken to do it. He did look like the only Boston player who had lots of time to look around and pass the ball. As BP has said, could be the signs of a player with a good future.