Author Topic: Reserves  (Read 3175 times)

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
Reserves
« on: March 02, 2014, 06:19:45 PM »
I see the Reserves unfortunately lost 2-0 to Cleethorpes Town Reserves in the Semi-Final of the Lincolnshire League Cup yesterday. I understand that the League won't be making any adjustments to the League Table regarding Grimsby Borough Reserves' resignation and any future action regarding Gainsborough Town until later this month. In the meantime, we will all have to hang about in limbo. However, I think it is a very strong possibility that the League will just finish with only 12 teams from the 15 it began the season with.   
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 06:21:29 PM by Burgh Boy »
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Reserves
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 02:39:55 PM »
Future looking grim for the Lincs League .

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 05:16:35 PM »
I believe wyberton are joining the lincs league next season, also heard swinshead may enter a team again after a few years out

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 11:25:22 PM »
Hopefully Wyberton and Swineshead Institute will be back in the League next season. Be good to get another couple of teams in too (North Somercotes, Limestone Rangers?). The Lincolnshire League is in a poor state the moment and the sooner it gets it's own house in order with regards the previously mentioned issues it will be a more attractive League to be a member of. Right now, with all it's ineptitude, nobody is sure of who is where in the League - it is a right ol' mess![
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

new kid on the block

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 11:31:21 PM »
Wyberton are a decent local side but I understand there players don't travel to games much further than mareham so doubt they will look forward to Grimsby Cleethorpes gainsborough and Lincoln. they will be another grantham athletic, who entered the league because they won everything at local Saturday level and by Christmas they had gone. that will be wyberton, as for swineshead, they have tried lincs league before and dropped because the squad was not good enough so doubt they will cope in lincs league again, there are just not enough lincs league quality players in boston,

costs, I understand the officials cost over £70 a game so who will cover those costs for both these teams because its never easy to charge entry to a countryside field with few swings in it. 

interesting times ahead locally

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 09:27:16 AM »
Didn't Wyberton win the Lincs League (and Cup) a few seasons ago? Think they may have consulted their players to get their views before applying for Lincs League

new kid on the block

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 10:15:27 PM »
1990 was last time wyberton won the lincs league. and don't think they have had much choice about moving to lincs league it was part of the agreement over the new changing rooms