Author Topic: Who's making the long trip tomorrow?  (Read 2123 times)

Tomgraves

• View Profile
Who's making the long trip tomorrow?
« on: March 07, 2014, 01:10:09 PM »
Great chance to get a firm footing in the play-offs tomorrow.. I'm sure the players would love a good following to match.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
Re: Who's making the long trip tomorrow?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 07:49:10 PM »
Too far for me - ten hour round trip is too much.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 07:54:15 PM »
I've travelled up today and am currently in a B&B in Keswick, 20 miles outside Workington. They had a lot of rain in the area last night and there's actually a flood warning in place for Keswick. The ground is saturated next to Derwent Water (where I've been this afternoon), though there's no extra rain expected. I don't think the match is in any doubt, but I'd expect the pitch will be quite heavy tomorrow.

There was a preview of the match on the local TV sports news. It said that Workington have been given a "new lease of life" following the decision of Vauxhall Motors to resign from the league, and everyone at the club is now a bit more upbeat about their chances of staying up. Hopefully we can end their new found optimism tomorrow. (There was also a Queen of the South match preview on the local sports bulletin)!

Anyone making the trip tomorrow, please be advised that there are quite a lot of roadworks on the M6 north of Manchester. There are quite a few stretches where a lane has been closed and where the speed limit has been cut to 50 and even 40 mph. Allow yourselves enough time!

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 08:09:20 PM »
Off on the 8:40 out of Nottingham, expect to be there at 2pm. Couild've got an hour later train but that leaves me with 15 mins to go across Warrington to the other station- too risky. So Grab a bite and a drink over there in the 75 minutes I have and wait for Shergie's train to steam in.

A game I do expect us to win, despite our away record and suspensions. With some winnable games coming up, this would almost put us in the playoffs if we could win the next 3 or 4

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 08:30:00 PM »
Good luck to you all.
Work makes me struggle to home games.
The fact that there are some prepared to make than trip is admirable