Author Topic: Reserves v Skegness Town today  (Read 1829 times)

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
Reserves v Skegness Town today
« on: March 08, 2014, 06:30:36 PM »
Match ended as an entertaining 2-2 draw with title chasing Skegness Town. Good to see Jordan Nuttell back in BUFC colours and getting the first goal in the game. The Lincs League is in such a mess at the moment that nobody really knows how many points they have. The Lincs League Committee have been placing certain issues on the backburner, e.g. the Grimsby Borough Reserves resignation and the circumstances of the Skegness Town v Gainsborough Town abandonment incident, until they meet later this month which has been no help to the majority of League Clubs. However, today's draw may have helped Skegness Town, rather than ourselves, take a step nearer to the title when looking at the number of games the Lillywhites (may!) have in hand.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Reserves v Skegness Town today
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 08:26:31 PM »
Very entertaining as you say,could have gone either way.. I thought Lee Orrey was lucky not to get a yellow for one of his "simulations" though... Ngoni started brightly but though second half he didn't get enough of the ball,he was looking threatening with his pace and control ... All in all a good game,was good to see Liam Parker having a run out at YS too ..

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
Re: Reserves v Skegness Town today
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 09:03:52 AM »
Hi Neil! Have to agree Oz should have been booked - they were such bad dives! However, why the referee didn't give us the most blatant of pens in the 2nd half, even Chappie in the Skeg dugout found it hard to believe! Liam Parker is a good lad - it is a shame he has had so many bad and long term injuries over past 3 years as he would be playing at a higher level. :bunny
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"