Author Topic: BPA manager gone?  (Read 3925 times)

woad_pilgrim

BPA manager gone?
« on: October 13, 2009, 12:31:38 PM »
According to this BPA and Lee Sinnot have parted company, with rumour that former SPS manager Gary Marrow in the frame to take over...

Dave H

• View Profile
Re: BPA manager gone?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 04:39:57 PM »

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 05:26:38 PM »
Pity , it was the set-up lots on here advocated as a sure fire way to success , "proven" manager from higher league plus a big budget. How did he fail ?

The Net

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 11:47:29 PM »
You will say you should never go back to the team you previously were at. Sinnott was manager at Farsley during a successful period which took them into the Conference but unfortunately was not able replicate that success at his subsequent clubs. When he took over at Avenue about 10 months ago he set about bringing in his own men often the players which were previously at Farsley.

Unfortunately the style of football laid a lot to be desired and at times his tactical acumen was rather suspect. On balance, he had the financial backing which most clubs in our division would envy but sadly the team underachieved. Unfortunately the blame in this situation must lie with the manager. Like with Cameron and now Sinnott it appeared he had lost the respect of the team and ultimately this leads to players going through the motions picking the pay cheque. In season 09/10 BPA had gone backwards and was a long way from achieving the aspirations of the board and consequences we see attendances fall.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 05:44:22 PM »
They were a shadow of the side we faced the year before.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

The Net

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 09:25:50 AM »
I can imagine Boston felt there had been mugged coming away from Horsfall. Bradford PA didn't really deserve to come away with a point.