Author Topic: Vauxhall Motors  (Read 2171 times)

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Vauxhall Motors
« on: March 04, 2014, 10:11:15 PM »
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/vauxhall-motors-quit-conference-north-6772689

Fair play to them for admitting they can't afford the cost of competing in what must be the most widespread 'regional' league ever. Really and truthfully they should be in NPL 1 North on those gates, but with no sugar daddy like the two village team hobby clubs at the top end of the league they are at least looking to preserve what they have. When the money runs out at Brackley Village and Ferriby Village they'll be nothing left once the bailiffs have been........the sooner that day comes the better.

Mind you, 265 at The Northolme tonight tells me there's not a lot of interest there either, perhaps they should voluntarily relegate themselves too!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Vauxhall Motors
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 11:00:27 PM »
Sensible decision. Maybe they'll hope FCUM stay down and apply for the EvoStick Premier? Guaranteed one good crowd at home, a bit like when they played Chester last season.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 06:54:02 AM »
It's a shame. Of all the clubs in that area, I've enjoyed some of the trips to Vauxhall Motors. (Not the 4-0 defeat there last season though).

The big problem around there is one of supply and demand. There are a lot of clubs of a similar size all on top of each other and competing for spectators - Marine, Prescot Cables, Cammell Laird, Southport and Vauxhall Motors. The fact that they have Liverpool, Everton and Tranmere on their doorsteps doesn't help. In whichever leagues they play in, all of these clubs tend to have the lowest attendances and they're then not sustainable against the sides with more money coming in. Knowsley United and South Liverpool have already disappeared from the football scene. Plus, what on earth happened to Runcorn?

There was a big push to form an AFC Liverpool side a few years ago. I think that side still exists, though hasn't progressed beyond the regional leagues and certainly not to the extent of FCUM. Instead of disenchanted Liverpool fans trying to form a new club, frankly they'd have been better off latching onto one of the existing clubs already in their area.

Seenbetter

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 07:57:24 AM »
Sensible decision by their bosses. Give em credit for being real. Enjoyed my trip to their ground, won their raffle and eventually, after scratching of heads, they found a 4 pack of Guinnness for me. Sensible even back then, didn't waste money on silly raffle prizes, although I could have done with a new Corsa at that time.  ;D

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 09:26:01 AM »
I was always under the impression that Vauxhall Motors sponsored them. They always arrive here in a top class Vauxhall coach with their name on the front