Author Topic: Today  (Read 11081 times)

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Today
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2014, 10:25:30 PM »
Thought we were outstanding at the back today against a high scoring side who enjoyed a fair bit of play, albeit once they went 2 down. Clinical enough up top too. A really good all round team performance puts last week's anomaly to rest. Win the gae in hand over this lot and we're above them. We've also gone above BracklĀ£y on merit too

Them and Ferriby pulling a combined 530 (or whatever) devalues the league if they go up

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2014, 07:08:26 AM »
A good team performance all   but hey who needs marrs at r/back when we got STEER.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2014, 10:04:54 AM »
FWIW I thought we've played better at home in a couple of games (Alty and Solihull spring to mind) but it was the fact it was such a good all round TEAM performance that made it stand out. I cannot think of anyone who wasn't quite at the races today and thats against a team thats been up there all season and like us scoring for fun. Although we were under the cosh for quite a long while in the second half the way we picked them off for goals 3 and 4 was a joy to watch.......absolutely joyous team goals, the kind you expect a higher level.

You really can't fault this link up we've got with Sunderland this season, the 3 boy's who've come in have all been exceptional and Ferguson yesterday slotted in like a seasoned pro........it just shows the value of full time coaching from top class coaches on young lads. I'd like to think we could continue this beneficial link up into the future, I guess its the way to go being a nursery club for the top sides.......

Seenbetter

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2014, 03:49:28 PM »
I hope Ricky saw how Newsh put the ball into the box, unselfishly setting up someone else to score our 3rd goal. A great example of team work. His penalty kick was a joy to watch though, goalie never stood a chance.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2014, 09:37:49 PM »
Agree with two posts above,

cookie

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2014, 09:23:15 AM »
Was it not Ricky who crossed the ball for the 4th goal? Difficult sometimes for him to cross the ball with his left foot when he is playing on the right.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2014, 01:37:53 PM »
Must admit some seem to forget how many assists Millers actually got this season. A good performance though, cant do more than win 4-0, but on our opponents may struggle to stay in the fight for the play offs playing like that, especially with no Durell. But am confident we can stay in the mix, but more adventure is needed when we go away. Looking at the fixtures though as well as having several of the top teams to play, I think we also have the four at the bottom. So win a few more away matches and we will still be playing in May, when anything could happen. I do think Ross should save his free kicks for floating balls in rather than going for goal, because he excels at one but is poo at the other ;D

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2014, 01:48:43 PM »
B Grimes - a bit harsh on Ross I reckon. His free kicks on Saturday were poor but is he really 'poo' ? His direct free kicks against Oxford City and Bradford PA have rescued vital points for us this season - without which, we wouldn't be in a play-off position at the moment.

DL

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2014, 04:55:21 PM »
Ricky has a lot of assists... as you get an assist if you're fouled for a penalty and it's scored. Essentially, he assisted himself on Saturday!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2014, 11:42:01 AM »
B Grimes - a bit harsh on Ross I reckon. His free kicks on Saturday were poor but is he really 'poo' ? His direct free kicks against Oxford City and Bradford PA have rescued vital points for us this season - without which, we wouldn't be in a play-off position at the moment.

DL

I didn't say Ross was poo DL, nor his balls into the box which are normally spot on, just his strikes at goal, Bradford I heard was indeed a great strike but I was at the oxford game and though well happy it went in and as you say, it did get us a point, I promise you his free kick which was poorly hit, struck a defender in wall who had turned his back on it and took a huge deflection into the other side of the goal was poo ! ;D 

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2014, 02:47:01 PM »
For much of the season fans have been calling for a "big" striker and an "experienced" midfielder .
We are top scorers in the league now and on Saturday I thought our young energetic midfielders outshone our two most experienced players .      Lets do in Dens way .