Author Topic: GTFC investment opportunity  (Read 6048 times)

chris47

• View Profile
GTFC investment opportunity
« on: March 01, 2014, 06:46:36 PM »
From the GTFC forum

After speaking to supporters, many have shown a interest in purchasing some shares in the Football Club.
And as there are unissued shares that have not been sold we are inviting supporters the opportunity in purchasing.
The club have Authorised shares of £200,000 but have only issued approximately £76,500.

So if any supporter would like to buy shares they can send me a personnel message or see me at any of the remaining fixtures for a Share Application sheet.

The minimum purchase £100.

Up the Blues

Now if that had been a minimum purchase of £1.00 I may well have been tempted

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: GTFC investment opportunity
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 06:52:51 PM »
A personnel message? Isn't that a P45?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

whydidyousaythat?

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 08:20:47 PM »
When it comes to pounds, shillings and pence Boston fans are hardly in a position to mock us for trying to improve our financial predicament.

At least we can call ourselves honest...can your club?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 09:15:00 PM »
Neither BUFC or GTFC are a sound financial investment.

If you sell the remaining £123,500 of shares, how long is this money going to last? Your budget this year was propped up by player sales, plus a sell on. Do you have anyone who you can sell this summer? It would be unwise to us shareholder investments to add to the playing budget.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 04:31:57 PM »
When it comes to pounds, shillings and pence Boston fans are hardly in a position to mock us for trying to improve our financial predicament.

Correct no one should mock GTFC fans for attemping to raise short term finance ,  this differs from Newtons feasable long term plan of achieving a sustainable LONG TERM future for BUFC .

Timmy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 05:34:41 PM »
Grimsby? Gainsborough? Grantham?

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 06:57:14 PM »
Neither BUFC or GTFC are a sound financial investment.

If you sell the remaining £123,500 of shares, how long is this money going to last? Your budget this year was propped up by player sales, plus a sell on. Do you have anyone who you can sell this summer? It would be unwise to us shareholder investments to add to the playing budget.

We have had no income from player sales, and budget was set accordingly. Sell on fee from Boyce (about 5k) was added to balance sheet
We are not allowed to get into debt, so have to stay within budget
Imagine any funds raised from a share sale will be held in an account specifically to help if income doesn't reach projected amounts, rather than a boost to playing budget

whydidyousaythat?

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 07:07:47 PM »

Correct no one should mock GTFC fans for attemping to raise short term finance ,  this differs from Newtons feasable long term plan of achieving a sustainable LONG TERM future for BUFC .

It hasn't happened yet...you're a bit premature congratulating yourself what may not come to fruition.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2014, 07:29:18 PM »

It hasn't happened yet...you're a bit premature congratulating yourself what may not come to fruition.

I did say long term plan ,  as you will find applies to your £123K share sale .

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2014, 07:58:40 PM »
This share (200k) all together. out of interest what % of the club is this???

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2014, 08:08:32 PM »
All of it, you would have to assume. So if someone pays £101,000, do they get control?

chris47

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2014, 08:38:36 PM »

Not really mocking, but I think an investment in GTFC would be a very unwise choice - saying that I think the same would apply to 99% of football clubs.

Would I buy shares in BUFC? - well quite probably if we were trying to raise finance, but would just look upon it in the same light as shirt sponsorship etc (well actually the other season I suppose i did get a (rather well worn) signed shirt out of it).

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2014, 09:30:38 PM »

Not really mocking, but I think an investment in GTFC would be a very unwise choice - saying that I think the same would apply to 99% of football clubs.

Would I buy shares in BUFC? - well quite probably if we were trying to raise finance, but would just look upon it in the same light as shirt sponsorship etc (well actually the other season I suppose i did get a (rather well worn) signed shirt out of it).

Which I suppose is the whole point
If anyone wanted to take over, then I'm sure the board will welcome them with open arms, but I think this sale is for two reasons
Firstly to raise some funds, and secondly to give the fans a chance for some (limited) ownership

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2014, 10:25:47 PM »
I would invest a tenner!

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2014, 11:22:36 AM »
I would invest a tenner!