Author Topic: R.I.P Doreen Killick  (Read 5655 times)

big dave

• View Profile
R.I.P Doreen Killick
« on: October 10, 2009, 07:03:22 PM »
Just like to let you how saddened i was  to hear of the death of Mrs Killick to them that dont she was a real supporter home and away  she will be missed We would talk together about this terrible illnes we both had i am still fighting My heart goes out to Dick and James
 R.I.P DaveWood

Shodfried

Re: R.I.P Doreen Killick
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 07:11:15 PM »
Just to add that both Dick and Doreen were at the 1st few BUSA meetings in the late 90's and both were staunch home and away fans for many seasons. I won't be able to go to the funeral but I've passed on a card for Dick today and I wish him well in the future. Doreen was always very friendly towards us both and the boys and she'll be missed by her many friends.

The subject of cancer is very close to home at the moment so I'll not add too much more on the subject.

Pilgrims67

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 07:29:55 PM »
I remember many moons ago going down to Dover on the BUSA coach, and she made me very welcome, a fantastic person. total respect to her and Dick, genuine people through and through

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 07:34:34 PM »
I agree, a loveley lady who I really only spoke to on match days home and away which was always a pleasure. May I offer my thoughts to Dick and his family at this sad time.

Loo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 08:13:38 PM »
I, with many others, will be paying my respects to Doreen and her family on Wednesday. I have known Dick outside of the football scene as my builder for many years and met Doreen through Boston United. I couldn't believe it when I'd heard the news of her passing as I thought that she'd fought this horrid disease and had come out of it the other side ok but obviously this wasn't the case.   :(
My love, thoughts and prayers goes to Dick, James and all those that have been left behind, R.I.P Doreen as you will be sadly missed by a huge number of people-me included x x x x x x x x x x

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 09:37:57 PM »
So this is the real reason for supporting a football club. Not for the hatred of the team up the road, or last Saturday's result, but the chance to meet people like Doreen, and to share their friendship.

There's a black and amber scarf in Heaven tonight. God bless you Doreen.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2009, 10:20:37 PM »
My thoughts are with Dick and his family at  this very sad time. 
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

palada

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2009, 10:50:26 PM »
Spoke to Dick and James in the Bar after the game today. It was good to see them both if only to offer a few kind words and let them know we are thinking about them.
Lovely Lady.
R.I.P
Pete Ashton.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 10:56:18 PM by palada »

Bob Lee

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2009, 11:18:54 AM »
R I P Doreen.  It was a shock when my Mum told me.  I did not see Dick and James yesterday, but if you are reading this, all the best.

spannerman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2009, 08:08:16 PM »
R I P Doreen saw Dick and James at match was very brave to go but i am sure Doreen would of wanted them to be there , pleased we won for a match in her memory .

Loo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2009, 05:42:11 PM »
Just thought I'd share this with everyone on here who didn't make it today, it was a lovely service that I'm sure that Doreen would of been proud of.

There was a brilliant reading sent by The Rocking Rev which included quite a few BUFC references and it was good to see that everyone from BUFC from the Chairman down attended, with some of them dressed in black and amber shirts. :o :o

When speaking to James later we laughed when I commented about the amount of people who filled the church and we agreed that it was a better attendance than some of the home games lately!! lol

x x x x x x x x x x x x