Author Topic: It was a farce and should have been abandoned!  (Read 3396 times)

bostontarget.co.uk

• View Profile
It was a farce and should have been abandoned!
« on: February 23, 2014, 09:04:22 AM »
Dennis Greene felt Boston United’s chaotic 4-0 defeat at Harrogate Town should have been abandoned after his side ended the match with just six fit players on the pitch.

(Includes video interview with Scott Garner)

Read more: http://www.bostontarget.co.uk/farce-abandoned-fumes-Boston-United-boss/story-20684883-detail/story.html?yyyy#ixzz2u8NwtG7N

Seenbetter

Re: It was a farce and should have been abandoned!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 09:18:36 AM »
Forgive me if I am reading it wrong BUT if Galinski was injured and Harrogate wanted their cake and eat it, then why did you not take him off and get the game abandoned. It's no good being honourable if the other side are treating you like suckers.

SOOTY

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 09:21:25 AM »
“Their manager and players said we should get him back on the pitch and said they wouldn’t go into our half. We said okay and put him on the pitch so we could see the game out, but then their lad tries to run in behind us and score."

.....and now match fixing too???!!!.....huh? Goals...= goal difference....chance of millions at stake for some! How could that have been put in print without someone 'official' raising a brow?! The football world......I do enjoy popping into it for the 'shock factor'....I really do!x
@@
~
LUV
SOOTY
X

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 09:27:01 AM »
Too right SB.......

Anyone else would have come off, what happened with Evans happened a long time ago and was premeditated,the current set up, you hope, wouldn't be judged by the actions of one rotten bastard 7 years ago.

Yesterday was a freak event and we should have left the field with 6 men. If the book had been slung at us then fair enough, I think sometimes we try too hard to be the good guys and over compensate when decisions conspire against us.

Seenbetter

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 10:19:45 AM »
And I also think that has ended any play off aspirations.

soccermad67

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 10:25:59 AM »
I went to the match yesterday  and there was only one word that i can really use for the REF's DISGRACE

poshpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 10:41:15 AM »
I can't see why all the negativity over 1 result.  A few weeks ago people were saying we can win this league and not a lot has changed in terms of our position and we still have a lot of winnable games left.

whydidyousaythat?

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 11:01:48 AM »
If you hadn't had 2 player's sent off the pitch for misdemeanours you wouldn't even be having this topic..get real.

Blame them, not the ref.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2014, 12:14:25 PM »
By my reading the first red should have been a yellow as it was thought Marshall was close to cover, 2nd red guess if you handle out the area then its what happens.

As for the Galinski episode at the end i do feel sorry for him with the abuse he got from there fans calling him a cheat etc. They are so short sighted they cant see he has a Injury but got back on the pitch so the game could continue. I applaud Boston for doing that when the easy option would be to run down the tunnal

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2014, 12:33:12 PM »
If you hadn't had 2 player's sent off the pitch for misdemeanours you wouldn't even be having this topic..get real.

Blame them, not the ref.

I assume you was there as you know so much

To be sent off as last man you have to be last me. He wasn't, as the old overweight ref would have seen if he'd been able to keep up. Even there manager said in his post match comments it was harsh

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2014, 04:30:02 PM »
I await their heavily edited youtube highlights with baited breath.  The two things in question for me are the first red which looked very soft and the horror tackle on McGhee that certainly wasn't.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2014, 05:24:50 PM »

Blame them, not the ref.
Neither were malicious fouls or violent conduct. They just happened close to our goal, therefore were treated more severely.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/