Author Topic: Harrogate away  (Read 21755 times)

whydidyousaythat?

• View Profile
Re: Harrogate away
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2014, 09:14:15 PM »
Conspiracy theory  :(  are we getting too close to the top?

No conspiracy, just the ref doing his job.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2014, 09:17:44 PM »
Listening to Dennis Greene in his interview I can't understand why Galinski didn't go off injured if as he says the Harrogate players didn't just play passing to themselves as their bench agreed.  He said Galinski was I jure and shouldn't have played on.  If that was the case play by the rules and the match would have been abandoned.
Possible fear of being called cheats????
If the game was abandoned would the score stand or be replayed???

How badly injured were the other two players who came off after the 3 subs  made? Could one have returned instead of Galinski?

If match abandoned, then Boston would have faced bigger penalty (possible fine, points deduction and result standing)
McGhee was struggling to walk and Steer left the ground on crutches (according to the press). Which would you prefer we put back on the field?!

Why would we have been penalised for having injured players? I'd accept it, if we'd had 2 injured, all subs used, then 2 sent off,  and then we deliberately tried to get another player red carded. What if it had been 5 broken legs, after all subs used? Would you want us punished for that, too?

If teams don,t get penalised  for failing to finish games it would bring farce to the  game .  Can think of a few managers getting games called off with injuries when losing vital matches .

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2014, 09:22:13 PM »
You just have to put today down to a very bad day at the office.

I really hate to see and hear officials being pulled apart by managers and supporters, just remember, without them there is no game. They make mistakes, they are human, Craig thinks Pidge's dismissal was unjust, others think different.........the only opinion that matters is the ref's and you won't change that.

We've exceeded expectation so far this season, today could prove pivotal with missing key personnel  for some key games. I'd hate to see the season unravel because of today, now more than ever Denis needs to start earning his corn.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2014, 09:25:13 PM »
You just have to put today down to a very bad day at the office.

I really hate to see and hear officials being pulled apart by managers and supporters, just remember, without them there is no game. They make mistakes, they are human, Craig thinks Pidge's dismissal was unjust, others think different.........the only opinion that matters is the ref's and you won't change that.

We've exceeded expectation so far this season, today could prove pivotal with missing key personnel  for some key games. I'd hate to see the season unravel because of today, now more than ever Denis needs to start earning his corn.
Agree

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2014, 09:29:20 PM »
Really hope I am wrong but today could end our season, not simply the result but 4/5 key players missing along with the news that Marrs will be out for the whole season and the very promising Dixon been recalled by Notts County.

Having said the above though we are still 5th and that would be exactly where we want to be in a couple of months still but both Harrogate and Alty have games in hand. We need to regroup after this and an unlucky defeat against Brackley.

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2014, 10:08:47 PM »
There's always two sides to a story. Reading Harrogate's forum we made the substitutions and Galinski feigned injury to get the game abandoned!  A game to forget? Time to stop ' talking the talk' about promotion and start 'doing the do' if the players really have the ability. I don' t think they have the metal to do it or the ability. Hope I'm proved wrong.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2014, 11:01:06 PM »
On the plus side Craig has tweeted that the suspensions should be one match and against Workington whom with all due respect are bottom so we should see this as a must win game despite the suspensions.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2014, 11:42:39 PM »
There's always two sides to a story. Reading Harrogate's forum we made the substitutions and Galinski feigned injury to get the game abandoned!  A game to forget? Time to stop ' talking the talk' about promotion and start 'doing the do' if the players really have the ability. I don' t think they have the metal to do it or the ability. Hope I'm proved wrong.

Galinski went back on so the game did not get abandoned so there talking out there butt.

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2014, 11:13:53 AM »
farcical!!!

the reason we are unlikely to be in the play offs is our inability to play well away from home against the top sides.

Against the other top 5 sides away from home we have lost them all.

Its a shame because the league this year is more wide open than many previous years and more consistency and a few better results would have put us right in there. We are not out of it yet, but have a mountain to climb now

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2014, 12:38:10 PM »
Tbf. The first one should have been yellow. As ive said he wasn't the last man look on harrrogates web page even weaver thinks its harsh. No idea y people comment on the game when not even there

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2014, 01:26:30 PM »
What with the impending suspensions, and injuries, surely the next couple of games will be ideal for testing out some of our reserve team players, after all that's what a reserve team is for!!

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2014, 02:18:24 PM »
What with the impending suspensions, and injuries, surely the next couple of games will be ideal for testing out some of our reserve team players, after all that's what a reserve team is for!!

I have to admit i wasnt that bothered bout the game after, i just chalked it up and put it down to a week to forget, but your point regarding Suspensions and injuries does worry me a bit

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2014, 05:23:20 PM »
I would imagine that with Dixon returning to Notts County, we have room in the budget for another loan deal. With Galinski and Steer injured, we need defensive cover.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2014, 07:01:07 PM »
The first red card was never a sending off. We had two defenders behind pidge. It was a very bad day at the office and we must quickly regroup and bounce back as we are still in a very decent position most fans would have taken this position at start of season for sure? Certainly could do with a couple of solid additions to the squad...

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2014, 08:00:48 AM »
The first red card was never a sending off. We had two defenders behind pidge. It was a very bad day at the office and we must quickly regroup and bounce back as we are still in a very decent position most fans would have taken this position at start of season for sure? Certainly could do with a couple of solid additions to the squad...

Not conclusive but Connor is very close at the time.  Also interested to know what angle the ref saw it from as he isn't in shot there.

I suspect the shot before and after would give a better idea, but they were never going to publish those, just as there is no photo of the McGhee challenge.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.