Author Topic: Grimity in hard up shocker.........  (Read 5318 times)

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Grimity in hard up shocker.........
« on: February 20, 2014, 10:11:32 PM »
Love the 'big spending neighbours' pop at the end.........if they'd got a decent manager instead of the Gainsborough Gobshite they'd have been a shoe in for last season's play offs.

Gainsborough Trinity's board of directors have muted the possibility of dropping down to a lower tier of football.

The startling revelation was made by commercial director John Myskiw as he outlined the financial difficulties the club has experienced since the departure of millionaire chairman Peter Swann last summer.

While Myskiw insisted the board had eventually decided against the dramatic move, it could be an issue they return to in the future.

"We have spoken about whether we can survive at this level with the investment that we currently have," admitted Myskiw.

"But you only have to look at the money teams like Worksop and Grantham are paying. If we dropped down we could be in the same position.

"So we hold our hands up and say 'okay, it's going to be hard again, but would you rather be at this level?'"

In an open and frank interview with the Echo, Myskiw also moved to scotch rumours that former chairman Peter Swann is still involved at Gainsborough Trinity.

Myskiw insists Swann, who is now chairman at League Two club Scunthorpe United, no longer has any involvement at the Blues after distributing his shares ahead of his departure last summer.

And Myskiw says he wants to put a stop to stories circulating that Swann is still lurking in the shadows.

"Peter Swann no longer has any involvement in this club whatsoever," stressed Myskiw.

"I am aware of the stories about myself and Pete Wallace effectively holding his shares.

"But I will guarantee to anyone that if someone came in for my shares tomorrow, they could have them.

"There is nothing whatsoever that would stop me. If it meant someone putting money into the football club then great, they can have my shares now."

The Blues director also admitted the board have discussed next season and revealed their playing budget is likely to be lower than the current campaign.

The reason for that is down to the money the club received at the start of this season following the sale of Luke Waterfall and Terry Hawkridge to Scunthorpe.

"That money obviously gave us a good starting point, but next season we won't have that money," added Myskiw.

"We are hoping everything else will be the same.

"Hopefully there will be more sponsorship because a lot of people took the attitude, when Mr Swann was chairman, that 'he's got the money, we don't need to help out'.

"They now realise that is not the case any more."

Myskiw believes that Trinity can still appeal to players while they are in the Skrill North.

However, he admitted that the club is battling against big spending neighbours.

Timmy

• View Profile
Re: Grimity in hard up shocker.........
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 11:12:10 PM »
Tinpot have become a joke.

Then again, they always were.

Excuses for mediocrity.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 06:45:54 AM »
Their honesty is quite refreshing in the current climate. Probably a blessing for them that they didn't get promoted in the end. I hope they sort themselves out - whatever the level they end up at.

DL

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 10:10:14 AM »
yeah why does everyone pick Gainsborough? It's not like they employ convicted criminals is it.  NF seems to be almost fetishistic about them. Funny old world  :bunny
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 10:25:20 AM »
I actually think that their big-spending neighbours are Worksop.

It's amazing how fans, players and staff who are used to having an artificially-high budget (and results) for a few seasons, start moaning when things come to a halt. I bet they don't have the smallest budget in the division - surely they only have to look at Vauxhall Motors, who consistently punch above their weight in this division.

Maybe they shouldn't have kept on the squad from last season (or manager), who are obviously going to be a bit miffed when their pay packet is half the size as last year, but asked to do the same job.

If you're used to being served by a butler, once that butler leaves, it must be difficult to go back to doing things yourself...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

yam man

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 11:57:34 AM »
yeah why does everyone pick Gainsborough? It's not like they employ convicted criminals is it.  NF seems to be almost fetishistic about them. Funny old world  :bunny

Funny old world indeed, when you, of all people, come out with a comment like that.

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 01:28:22 PM »

It's amazing how fans, players and staff who are used to having an artificially-high budget (and results) for a few seasons, start moaning when things come to a halt. I bet they don't have the smallest budget in the division - surely they only have to look at Vauxhall Motors, who consistently punch above their weight in this division.

Maybe they shouldn't have kept on the squad from last season (or manager), who are obviously going to be a bit miffed when their pay packet is half the size as last year, but asked to do the same job.

If you're used to being served by a butler, once that butler leaves, it must be difficult to go back to doing things yourself...

Yes, Worksop

Players have left recently to join Worksop on higher wages than we were offering under Swann

We are not really in competition for players with BUFC, because of location- but Worksop is only 20 odd miles away

Our budget is limited by income generated, no overdraft, no debts ( and no free bus donated by vauxhall)
All players who re- signed (and manager) agreed a reduced salary- it wasn't forced on them, but the squad is small
We are where we are, and things are difficult but not insurmountable

Boston fans ( even N40's) need to take a close look at what we are doing. Like us, BUFC have no tangible assets and Boston United are only allowed to trade because of a generous chairman who is guaranteeing a huge debt ( between 1.5 and 2 million) and are losing money every season under his stewardship.
If he decides no more investment, then you will following us into reality

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 01:35:28 PM »
So, like pretty much every lower and non league club then... you used to be in a minority, being able to sign whoever you wanted. Now you have to compete on an even keel for players, it's amazing how many go elsewhere.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2014, 09:43:29 PM »

Yes, Worksop

Players have left recently to join Worksop on higher wages than we were offering under Swann

We are not really in competition for players with BUFC, because of location- but Worksop is only 20 odd miles away

Our budget is limited by income generated, no overdraft, no debts ( and no free bus donated by vauxhall)
All players who re- signed (and manager) agreed a reduced salary- it wasn't forced on them, but the squad is small
We are where we are, and things are difficult but not insurmountable

Boston fans ( even N40's) need to take a close look at what we are doing. Like us, BUFC have no tangible assets and Boston United are only allowed to trade because of a generous chairman who is guaranteeing a huge debt ( between 1.5 and 2 million) and are losing money every season under his stewardship.
If he decides no more investment, then you will following us into reality

Only lost just above 20k last season so yes why a cut would need to be made it only be a couple of players or if a extra 20 turned up it cover it, As for the debt that depends if newton called it or not, The debt is to lava flow in which he owns and just because a person walks away it doesnt mean he will call it. As for personal monies im sure he has put in there not on the accounts so could struggle to call them

whydidyousaythat?

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2014, 09:57:08 PM »
Love the 'big spending neighbours' pop at the end.........if they'd got a decent manager instead of the Gainsborough Gobshite they'd have been a shoe in for last season's play offs.

Gainsborough Trinity's board of directors have muted the possibility of dropping down to a lower tier of football.

The startling revelation was made by commercial director John Myskiw as he outlined the financial difficulties the club has experienced since the departure of millionaire chairman Peter Swann last summer.

While Myskiw insisted the board had eventually decided against the dramatic move, it could be an issue they return to in the future.

NF, I wonder if you would have the bottle to call SH a "Gainsborough gobshite" to his face?

Didn't think so.

"We have spoken about whether we can survive at this level with the investment that we currently have," admitted Myskiw.

"But you only have to look at the money teams like Worksop and Grantham are paying. If we dropped down we could be in the same position.

"So we hold our hands up and say 'okay, it's going to be hard again, but would you rather be at this level?'"

In an open and frank interview with the Echo, Myskiw also moved to scotch rumours that former chairman Peter Swann is still involved at Gainsborough Trinity.

Myskiw insists Swann, who is now chairman at League Two club Scunthorpe United, no longer has any involvement at the Blues after distributing his shares ahead of his departure last summer.

And Myskiw says he wants to put a stop to stories circulating that Swann is still lurking in the shadows.

"Peter Swann no longer has any involvement in this club whatsoever," stressed Myskiw.

"I am aware of the stories about myself and Pete Wallace effectively holding his shares.

"But I will guarantee to anyone that if someone came in for my shares tomorrow, they could have them.

"There is nothing whatsoever that would stop me. If it meant someone putting money into the football club then great, they can have my shares now."

The Blues director also admitted the board have discussed next season and revealed their playing budget is likely to be lower than the current campaign.

The reason for that is down to the money the club received at the start of this season following the sale of Luke Waterfall and Terry Hawkridge to Scunthorpe.

"That money obviously gave us a good starting point, but next season we won't have that money," added Myskiw.

"We are hoping everything else will be the same.

"Hopefully there will be more sponsorship because a lot of people took the attitude, when Mr Swann was chairman, that 'he's got the money, we don't need to help out'.

"They now realise that is not the case any more."

Myskiw believes that Trinity can still appeal to players while they are in the Skrill North.

However, he admitted that the club is battling against big spending neighbours.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2014, 11:00:25 PM »
Have they sent one of their keepers to set up a coaching thing for kids down Norfolk st??!