Author Topic: Show some leadership Newton.....  (Read 9704 times)

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Show some leadership Newton.....
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2014, 08:24:28 AM »
???

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2014, 12:19:03 PM »
 Only thing not covered on this thread is how would SP assert his leadership in this issue ?
[/quote]

I cannot claim any leadership credentials and nor would I want to be a chairman of a football club and certainly not BUFC.

As we don't know all the details and we certainly do not know what DG told DN about the matter (either before, during or after he was interviewed for the post of manager). However, if DN was not aware and we were in his shoes  would we not  be extremely annoyed bearing in mind what a laughing stock the club has been over recent years.  We would feel deceived certainly.  Whatever people may say, youngsters look to their heroes as role models whether they be players, managers or chairmen.

Whatever the actual details are, the lack of any public comment whatsoever by the club is a very poor show and one can only surmise that DN is taking legal advice before saying anything so as not to compromise any existing contractual agreements and so as not to give rise to any potential for constructive dismissal. If this is the case, then the public statement should state this.  :bunny

That is all that is asked for a simple statement. Without this the speculation continue and the club's name will be dragged through the mud (again). I wonder if the local hacks have approached the Chairman or are they all cosied up with him?

« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 12:22:15 PM by Scouse Pilgrim »
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

poshpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2014, 12:31:04 PM »
SP you're really starting to bore me now!

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2014, 02:16:00 PM »
We have to admit there is a level of hypocrisy here.

Because 'we' like Mr. Newton & Mr. Greene and the team are doing quite well, then nothing is allowed to be said against them without expecting to be abused.

It is strange that the manager of a club is convicted of a serious offence and nothing is said about it by the club.

Stannington Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2014, 04:08:33 PM »
Not being aware of the dates involved, perhaps DG was not aware when he took the job.  Maybe once he found out he was being investigated/charged made DN aware?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2014, 04:23:22 PM »
Not being aware of the dates involved, perhaps DG was not aware when he took the job.  Maybe once he found out he was being investigated/charged made DN aware?

Don,t be a spoilsport and upset SP . :)
You may well be right and as SP has mentioned care most be taken before making public statements .

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2014, 04:49:06 PM »
With the exception of a short reply to posts by Monty I have kept my feelings on this matter to myself. The news of the managers offending came as a very disappointing shock however, no matter what my personal opinion or those of other supporters are, the chairman and his board are the managers employers and it is for them and nobody else to deal with matters as they consider appropriate in the best interest of the club and those involved.
I am not saying that supporters shouldn't have a view or that they shouldn't be allowed to express it as many have on here but, I do feel that without knowing all the facts, for anyone to have a go at, and make demands on the chairman is a very dangerous game if we want the club to progress.   

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2014, 05:54:40 PM »
We have to admit there is a level of hypocrisy here.

Because 'we' like Mr. Newton & Mr. Greene and the team are doing quite well, then nothing is allowed to be said against them without expecting to be abused.

It is strange that the manager of a club is convicted of a serious offence and nothing is said about it by the club.

I agree, there is more than a fair bit of hypocrisy. People who know me will tell you I am not one for slating anyone, and am certainly not doing here. I deplored the comments made about Lee, was astounded at the venom aimed at Drury and here on this issue, like you,am just totally gobsmacked that there has been no statement from the board and that anyone who does criticise DN DG is getting criticised, hmmmmmmmmmmm ???

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2014, 06:37:13 PM »

I am not saying that supporters shouldn't have a view or that they shouldn't be allowed to express it as many have on here but, I do feel that without knowing all the facts, for anyone to have a go at, and make demands on the chairman is a very dangerous game if we want the club to progress.   
[/quote]

Fact is the manager has been convicted of a crime.

Fact the club has not made a statement about that.

To many people that does seem strange.

Not sure what is the dangerous game here. Whilst I haven't made demands on the Chairman - is he above criticism if people think he has done wrong (not necessarily on this issue) but as a general principle?.

Will he walk out of on the club if criticism is levelled his way?

Think the chairman, can decipher between nonsense, delusionists, those with axes to grind and fair criticism.