Author Topic: Stadium Consultation: Workshop Feedback  (Read 3988 times)

Patrick

• View Profile
Stadium Consultation: Workshop Feedback
« on: February 15, 2014, 03:10:51 PM »
I know a few articles were discussed on here earlier this week, but not the results of the consultation period that have been posted on the official Quadrant website this week.

Among them, this document which is of particular interest to Boston United fans: http://thequadrantboston.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Supporters-Stadium-Consultation-Workshop-QA.pdf

A wide variety of questions (and answers). Particularly interested by the hopes to screen the game live on TVs in the concourses, and the plans for a family park on matchdays. Slightly worried about congestion/delays leaving the ground at full-time. Also notable that dugouts aren't necessarily going to be installed!

Has anybody been to Chesterfield? Comfortable legroom there?

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Stadium Consultation: Workshop Feedback
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 04:39:30 PM »
I agree with the person who asked for 'iconic' floodlights. If something quirky or at least a bit different can be achieved without breaking the bank then they should definitely go for it. I don't think York St style floodlights would look right with a new, sleek stadium, but perhaps something along the lines of Trent Bridge's circular style would suit.

I'm also surprised at the lack of dugouts; presumably when they talk about the teams using the stand itself they're talking about incorporating some kind of enclosed section? Off the top of my head, the only ground I can think of like that is.... errrm... Old Trafford! I'm sure some ground geeks can provide more examples though.

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 08:00:32 PM »
Hi Patrick

Yeah I went to Chesterfield's new ground to see the youth team play a year or so ago. I can't recall the leg room being a problem (and I'm 6 foot two) but its a while ago now and I'd have had room to stretch out. I think Chris B might have been too so he might be able to give you a more informed answer...

And I agree with Pete, let's do something different if its not too costly...

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 11:20:09 AM »
They are going to look at renewable energy sources for the new ground apparently.
Hopefully this will be geothermal or solar...small wind turbines are an environmental disaster that has already happened, DN would be wise to avoid them completely  :dan

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 03:58:26 PM »
You'd imagine it would be solar power - they have these at Dartford I think.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 04:16:29 PM »
You'd imagine it would be solar power - they have these at Dartford I think.

Is it Dartford that has a grass roof?
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2014, 10:33:33 PM »

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 01:02:35 PM »
The sad thing is, I've been and all I remember is the wooden man thing.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2014, 01:36:05 PM »
Went to Burton on Saturday.... if we end up with something which resembles there, it'll be pretty underwhelming. A good facility but not a football ground... the game and weather were poor but the atmosphere was minimal, and even when the Burton fans tried to get some chants going, the noise just dissipated

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2014, 03:52:53 PM »
Went to Burton on Saturday.... if we end up with something which resembles there, it'll be pretty underwhelming. A good facility but not a football ground... the game and weather were poor but the atmosphere was minimal, and even when the Burton fans tried to get some chants going, the noise just dissipated

Well the good news is Mr newton as taken this subject by incorparting a new town end type of stand to help in that area but understand where your coming from, been to a few myself where the sound as just been lost.