Author Topic: Boston United manager sentenced for £6,000-plus benefit fraud  (Read 10977 times)

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Boston United manager sentenced for £6,000-plus benefit fraud
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2014, 04:41:44 PM »
Has anyone heard of Gerald Ratner? Hugely successful business flogging bling and then he effectively lost all his customers by actually telling them they were buying rubbish.   

No business can survive without customers/fans.  Although it seems some Boston United  fans have an interesting set of moral values - presumably the same fans that supported the fat Scotsman and his gravy train of  ne'erdowells and ready to condone other types of criminal behaviour.

The worst about this is that  benefit fraud is very hard to detect (unless you get grassed up). People do it because they think they can get away with it and it effects everyone else who really do need state benefits and welfare.  Community club? - my bottom!  :bunny
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 04:44:21 PM by Scouse Pilgrim »
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2014, 04:50:43 PM »
652 members/lets just say only 400 of them go to games. X3 = 1200.

Theres only 3 sours on here so far and a couple of them dont go to games leaving just the 1 in the 400.

So my maths makes that ave of 3 in the pos 1200.

3 x 12 = 36... I drink that on a sat in the bar ill just bring a friend no hardship

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2014, 05:21:57 PM »
Has anyone heard of Gerald Ratner? Hugely successful business flogging bling and then he effectively lost all his customers by actually telling them they were buying rubbish.   

No business can survive without customers/fans.  Although it seems some Boston United  fans have an interesting set of moral values - presumably the same fans that supported the fat Scotsman and his gravy train of  ne'erdowells and ready to condone other types of criminal behaviour.

The worst about this is that  benefit fraud is very hard to detect (unless you get grassed up). People do it because they think they can get away with it and it effects everyone else who really do need state benefits and welfare.  Community club? - my bottom!  :bunny

I am looking to buy a new TV and was considering going to Oldrids because they offer a 5 year guarantee.
But with the tirade of abuse your bringing to this website - I will now go elsewhere - I believe John Lewis also offer 5 year guarantees.
As you suggest no business can survive without customers - well you have driven one away from your family business.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 05:23:35 PM by Artemis »

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2014, 05:28:34 PM »
I dont shop at Oldrids, but it aint nowt to do with SP. I just cant afford to shop there.

I Enjoy SP comments as it takes my mind of the problems around the world. After all in SP eyes his Problem with BUFC is such a massive thing it has to come first.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2014, 09:15:34 PM »

You are correct SP benifit fraud is hard to detect , but lets be clear ,  tax fraud is far more difficult to detect .  Watch your plumber or electrician when you pay then in cash  ;)  , and don,t forget those tax havens .
£9 BILLION UNCOLLECTED tax outstanting at the moment .

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2014, 09:38:53 PM »
Good point GHM .. How many on here have done a cash in hand job??

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Today
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2014, 10:26:11 PM »
If  you wish to debate what affects our economy most, and even accepting that Social security fraud is already huge please feel free to do so. What DG did was totally wrong and I assume DN will make an imminent decision over his future, but to berate his crime in such a blinkered fashion not only does you no service at all, it clearly suggests the agenda and that of your fellow aide de camps is far from that you you want us to believe.
Why not instead concentrate your moans about the £25 billion the government have waste on poor procurement and outsourcing for example, is that not more criminal?  You talk about benefits, maybe you have a view on the £5 billion, respective governments have given 'in benefits' to those earning £100,000 pa, is that not more scandalous? What about the £20.3 billion cost to the economy of public sector fraud, think very carefully on that one, put that one in just for you. What about the £4 billion lost to the tax payers from RBS following the sale of Norther Rock. Is that not obscene. How many of the bankers actually went to prison, in fact ever went to court, You tell us what is worse. Would you think that someone who pays £22 for light bulbs that ordinarily cost 65p is guilty of fraud? Well that's what someone at the Ministry of defence actually did. Perhaps you think its not criminal and no fraud was committed when someone at the Scottish government could sign a £1.5 million contract for taxis for their civil servants in Edinburgh- despite ordering their staff to take buses. Am sure there is nothing remotely dodgy about any of these is there, and no doubt none have built up the remotest anger in the SP household,  but Jesus, DG cons £6,000 and the walls of Jericho are about to tumble down.
Come on get real, he was wrong, he got caught and yes, could yet get fired. Worse I thought he actually did his, case and credibility more damage with his comments in today's Standard, but to try and link it to the country's woes as you are just makes you sound so bitter and certainly ill informed.

By the way SP, do you agree, when so many in the country are currently suffering so badly that we should be donating £200 million to the Indian Space project? I bet you actually do  ;D Most of us though, without making light of DG's behavour in the slightest would suggest that's a far bigger fraud

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Today
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2014, 09:54:50 AM »
If  you wish to debate what affects our economy most, and even accepting that Social security fraud is already huge please feel free to do so. What DG did was totally wrong and I assume DN will make an imminent decision over his future, but to berate his crime in such a blinkered fashion not only does you no service at all, it clearly suggests the agenda and that of your fellow aide de camps is far from that you you want us to believe.
Why not instead concentrate your moans about the £25 billion the government have waste on poor procurement and outsourcing for example, is that not more criminal?  You talk about benefits, maybe you have a view on the £5 billion, respective governments have given 'in benefits' to those earning £100,000 pa, is that not more scandalous? What about the £20.3 billion cost to the economy of public sector fraud, think very carefully on that one, put that one in just for you. What about the £4 billion lost to the tax payers from RBS following the sale of Norther Rock. Is that not obscene. How many of the bankers actually went to prison, in fact ever went to court, You tell us what is worse. Would you think that someone who pays £22 for light bulbs that ordinarily cost 65p is guilty of fraud? Well that's what someone at the Ministry of defence actually did. Perhaps you think its not criminal and no fraud was committed when someone at the Scottish government could sign a £1.5 million contract for taxis for their civil servants in Edinburgh- despite ordering their staff to take buses. Am sure there is nothing remotely dodgy about any of these is there, and no doubt none have built up the remotest anger in the SP household,  but Jesus, DG cons £6,000 and the walls of Jericho are about to tumble down.
Come on get real, he was wrong, he got caught and yes, could yet get fired. Worse I thought he actually did his, case and credibility more damage with his comments in today's Standard, but to try and link it to the country's woes as you are just makes you sound so bitter and certainly ill informed.

By the way SP, do you agree, when so many in the country are currently suffering so badly that we should be donating £200 million to the Indian Space project? I bet you actually do  ;D Most of us though, without making light of DG's behavour in the slightest would suggest that's a far bigger fraud

That a good start BG ,  a bit later on in the day when we get our thinking caps on I am sure the ordinary contributors on here will come up with other obsene examples of government waste and fiddling .

poshpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2014, 01:25:09 PM »
I find it quite ironic that someone with scouse in their username seems to have quite a lot to say the topic of benefits.

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2014, 02:01:26 PM »
Publicity we could do without for sure.

DG getting more support than the Fatty McFraud, but both taking from the public purse ….

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2014, 04:10:27 PM »

DG getting more support than the Fatty McFraud, but both taking from the public purse ….

Greenes appears to be on a much  smaller scale and hopefully will have little effect on the club .
The vast difference is that Greene is commited to repaying the monies .
Macfraud & CO if it had not been for Chestnuts rescue would have killed the club .
How much did Mcfraud pay back to the tax man ?

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2014, 06:39:58 PM »

Greenes appears to be on a much  smaller scale and hopefully will have little effect on the club .
Macfraud & CO if it had not been for Chestnuts rescue would have killed the club .
[/quote]

Of course McFraud's crime was on a larger scale and intent was there from the very start, but interesting to see how people will ignore/forgive when is suits….

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2014, 07:37:13 PM »

Of course McFraud's crime was on a larger scale and intent was there from the very start, but interesting to see how people will ignore/forgive when is suits….
[/quote]

It was leaving the club on the brink of folding that fans hold against Evans ,  it would have been nice for taxpayers if he had made a repayment .

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2014, 09:53:59 AM »

But the judge said that fatty mcfraud did not personally benefit from any of his wrongdoing unlike Mr Greene. And who knows if Mr Greene had not been dobbed in he might still be claiming?  It is easy to feel remorse when you've been caught and fear losing your job.  :'(
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2014, 11:31:32 AM »

But the judge said that fatty mcfraud did not personally benefit from any of his wrongdoing unlike Mr Greene. And who knows if Mr Greene had not been dobbed in he might still be claiming?  It is easy to feel remorse when you've been caught and fear losing your job.  :'(

Yes I am sure the rest of us like you and the judge believe  Mcfraud made no benifit from his wrongdoings  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Not knowing Greenes personal circumstances I can only guess he may well have not had contacts to recieve the right advice .
I would think managing St Neots could easily be compounded into 16 hours a week ,  and many could advice him that 16hrs a week in the right circumstances can be legally a very attractive job , (ever heard the expression "can,t afford to work full time ") .   His part-time wage could be supplemented by legal benifits depending on circumstances of maybe a £200 a week , paid by the tax payer.   
Instead of being branded  a fraudster he would be hailed by the government in statistics as a worker in the same bracket as those working full time on minimum wage who are  less well off in net income .