Author Topic: Halifax made a bid for Miller  (Read 6338 times)

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Halifax made a bid for Miller
« on: February 06, 2014, 10:48:25 PM »
For those who don't have access to twitter,

Rob Makepeace ‏@rob_makepeace  2h
News for @bostonunited fans, FC Halifax Town have made a bid recently for Ricky Miller

With all due respect, not sure why Halifax is significantly better than here (if at all), but they're looking for replacements if/when Gregory goes...

Adam

• View Profile
Re: Halifax made a bid for Miller
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 07:40:37 AM »
They're 7th in the Conf Prem...

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 08:08:58 AM »
Depends how long term they want to make it for Ricky.  The big move seems to rarely work out for our players so I'd be inclined to see it out here if I were him.  Better to be stable in a club for the long term than race up a division, not play and disappear ala Mark Jones.

I suppose the main factor is location and whether they need him to go full time to join.  Going from Part Time to Full Time must be a big decision if you have a proper job that is stable, they're hard to come by.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 08:10:19 AM »
They're 7th in the Conf Prem...

I can't believe that either, they weren't that great last year despite getting out of the division.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 09:16:20 AM »
The info came from Gary Simpson. How does he know? And when he says a 'bid', was it a concrete offer in writing, or simply an enquiry as to his availability?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

fenside pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 11:07:34 AM »
I think its just simpsons way of trying to get ricky head turned so Lincoln could try and nab him.
I.ve got family in Halifax who watch them home and away and they say they would have to sell first and they think any money gained from a sale of a player would not be invested back into team because of there own debt problems they have again
 ???

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 11:11:38 AM »
Hold firm DN, we need him.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2014, 11:13:23 AM »
For those who don't have access to twitter,

Rob Makepeace ‏@rob_makepeace  2h
News for @bostonunited fans, FC Halifax Town have made a bid recently for Ricky Miller

With all due respect, not sure why Halifax is significantly better than here (if at all), but they're looking for replacements if/when Gregory goes...

Gregory's 6' 2" so if would be a like for like replacement then!  :o
United we stand..................

Seenbetter

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2014, 03:53:15 PM »
I'm very glad he plays for us but IMO he is not a good team player. Great individual runs, has scored a lot of goals, but does hang onto the ball too long at times when it would have been better to pass it on.
We mustn't make him out to be too good otherwise a lot of clubs will get interested in him.
Can't imagine any of our players wanting to leave with the prospect of a new stadium and promotion on the horizon. Exciting times. All we need now is a regular crowd of at least 1500.
Anyway who would want to play in Yorkshire, it's always cold, wet and windy up there.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2014, 04:46:26 PM »
Its just mentioned on the Halifax forum. Someone log on there and tell them he's crap!!

Shayman

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2014, 05:05:25 PM »
Halifax fan in peace here. Just came on here to deny that we're in financial problems, if we were as short of money as has been made out I've no doubt Gregory would have been sold for peanuts. We're one of few clubs in the conference who are in the black so any rumoured suggestions of trouble simply aren't true.

Anyway, I guessed a while back we'd bid for Miller. I understand we made bids for 3 players, Durrell, Miller and not sure on the other but with the form miller has been in it is hardly surprising. Great article about him in the NLP a few weeks back. Whether we'll continue the pursuit into summer I'm not sure, but all the best to you and a cracking victory over Gainsborough last weekend!

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2014, 06:26:34 PM »
Someone has posted on their forum and I am speechless.

"The lad needs to find his spiritual home and his guiding light, The Shay and Neil Aspin could just be those things he is looking for. Get him on loan next week, with a view to a permanent move in May "

Why would Ricky Miller leave Boston Utd next week to go out on loan to a team who are part time themselves.   I have never read anything so ridiculous.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2014, 08:12:08 PM »
Couldn't see the club loaning him out unless we fell away from any play off race so im not worried about it at all,

Only way I could see it happening is if Halifax put a good fee for Boston in a loan package

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2014, 09:12:47 PM »
Out on loan, are they stark raving mad. Who do they think they are, whoever posted that must be a right pompous so and so, for remotely believing we would possibly consider such a possibility? He's on contract until the end of the year, window has gone, loves being here and along with Pidge and Newsh are an integral part of our play off aspirations, out on loan indeed

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2014, 10:09:43 AM »
Out on loan, are they stark raving mad. Who do they think they are, whoever posted that must be a right pompous so and so, for remotely believing we would possibly consider such a possibility? He's on contract until the end of the year, window has gone, loves being here and along with Pidge and Newsh are an integral part of our play off aspirations, out on loan indeed

But we're in no place to turn down money.  If they bid enough they'll get him.