Author Topic: One of those nights  (Read 9774 times)

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: One of those nights
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2014, 09:45:31 PM »
Roll on our big Derby day.

Big derby day? I thought Gainsborough were up next????????     :bunny  :dan

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2014, 06:37:13 AM »
I don't know if anyone else noticed on the night, but as soon as the penalty was awarded somebody in the Town End rushed down to the front row, immediately behind the goal, and presumably started filming on a mobile phone. The phone was letting out a bright light which was very noticeable, even from the York Street End, so I'm sure Newsham must have seen it as he was preparing and taking his run-up. I don't want to make excuses - it wasn't the firmest of penalties and I'm in the camp that says Miller should take them from now on - but I can see how the light from the phone would have been off-putting and I don't think the fan involved did us any favours on the night. Personally I'd prefer to have three points in the bag rather than being able to re-live a penalty miss on YouTube.

It's grainy, but if you freeze frame the match highlights at the point the penalty is being taken you can see what I mean. (I don't think the photo quite does justice to how bright the light was, but you can definitely see it was there).

At Telford over Christmas I know stewards stepped in and stopped Boston fans from filming / taking photos. I don't really agree with that and maybe it is a bit heavy handed, but when supporters are effectively shining lights directly behind a goal maybe there is a time for our stewards to step in?

« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 06:41:45 AM by leicester pilgrim »

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2014, 08:49:30 AM »
I also noticed on a piece of footage of the penalty, the constant banging on the advertising boards...... that would put me right off!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 09:45:39 AM by beefpilgrim »
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2014, 08:58:27 AM »
What a shambles the referee and linespersons where,first half linesman on spayne lane was flagging offside when their attacker who was offside touched the ball second half was flagging straightaways or offside when it was us.
Then the idiot line person who spent most of his time talking to Stockport bench getting everything wrong how the hell didn't he and the ref see that 2 footed lunge by the number 2 bloody disgrace and they both bottled it should of been a red card both feet off ground and out of control, shame it's not on highlights, then that number 15 headbutts Steer and ref watches and does nothing and linesperson has to stop talking to their bench and run 20 ft to man handle Dennis who is just on the pitch.
Agree with most that Marrs was by far MOM or even Miller,
don't think Stockport where that good either apart from being well organised they should of been swept aside bad night really but at least we never lost.

Roll on our big Derby day.

Forgot about that, it was an horrific tackle, and inspite having a great game, you're right how on earth did their full back stay on the pitch, it was a blatant red. Even Mieles Grandad would get then one right! ;D

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2014, 09:22:41 AM »
I also noticed on a piece of footage of the penalty, the constant baging on the advertising boards...... that would put me right off!
Especially having missed a couple this season already...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2014, 05:41:10 PM »
Interview with Alan Lord, the Stockport manager. At 4.30 on the video clip he mentions an altercation with a Boston fan ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zolYzSeaf6w

DL

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2014, 05:46:23 PM »
SO a dozen or so fans banging on a bourd and one flasher puts us  off taking a pen.
I say clear the ground while we take them, anyway newsh soon wants to start finding the back of the net again or we will have to let him go and I wont   :'( either

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2014, 06:23:02 PM »
If there wers Oscars for silliest post of the year son, you would have already won it with that nonsense and we aren't even in February!

OMG

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2014, 08:35:35 PM »
I really do wonder about you sometimes Miele.

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2014, 08:59:36 PM »
If there wers Oscars for silliest post of the year son, you would have already won it with that nonsense and we aren't even in February!

OMG

How about the Scouse Pilgrim award for the most annoying patterer of the year as well?  :)

Seenbetter

« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2014, 09:01:08 PM »
Stockports manager deserves an apology for the abuse he received from that particular supporter. There was no need for the treatment he was getting and he was fully justified in returning some comments. The manager was only doing what Green does and that's to shout instructions at the players. I think he should be spoken too about the offensive abuse he shouts at visiting management. It's not the first time he has done it but I hope its the last time. The supporter in question is a nice feller usually but he is very protective and gets carried away. If the right people read this I am sure they will have a word in the right ear.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2014, 09:56:53 PM »
Seeingbetter ... maybe he was copying your criticism of the referee ... albeit in a more aggressive way  ....:)

Seenbetter

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2014, 11:33:57 PM »
If the refs a plonker I'll call him one, most of them are on an ego trip anyway, but you won't here me swearing at him and threatening to *ucking kill him, that behaviour on the streets would have resulted in him being nicked and put before the beak. In no way can my comments at the ref be used in the same breath or in the same paragraph as what that manager was getting.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2014, 07:19:04 AM »
Calm down seeingbetter - just because you get a free cup of tea from nearby supporters !