Author Topic: Goole v Coalville: Player attacks fan  (Read 2943 times)

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Goole v Coalville: Player attacks fan
« on: January 25, 2014, 09:53:00 PM »

Goole's captain was sent off in a 3-0 defeat today. On his way off the pitch he ran onto the terracing where he threw a punch at a supporter who was having a go at him. The incident was filmed on someone's phone and has been added to YouTube (warning: contains strong language).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YabU2GUDLDk

I know it's not in the top flight, but I think this is worse than Cantona v Crystal Palace. It'll be interesting to see what the footballing authorities do about this.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Goole v Coalville: Player attacks fan
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 09:53:36 PM »
He has been released by Goole tonight.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 09:59:43 PM »
what an absolute toss pot!

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 12:29:33 AM »
100% Idiot. Laughable as he tried to seek out his next "opponent" through the stand! He was wild!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 09:14:12 AM by Burgh Boy »
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Seenbetter

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 04:38:57 PM »
There are some 'supporters' who just ask for a smack in the mouth. They hurl unwarranted abuse at players, and management, as though there entry fee gives licence to do that. I hurl good hearted abuse at the ref but you have to know the limits.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 06:53:10 AM »
Nine-month ban for ex-Goole player who tried to punch fan

A non-league player has been suspended until 1 October by the Football Association after attempting to attack a rival supporter.

Ex-Goole captain Karl Colley, 30, tried to punch the fan after being sent off against Coalville in January.

He was subsequently sacked by the Northern Premier League First Division South side.

The East Yorkshire club, now managed by professional boxer Curtis Woodhouse, described the incident as "deplorable".

Following his dismissal for a bad tackle, Colley, a former Newcastle United trainee, reacted angrily to chanting from away fans, went into the stands and aimed a punch at one supporter after initially being held back by staff, including Woodhouse, who used to play for Sheffield United and Birmingham City.

The FA said in a statement:  "Following an Independent Regulatory Commission hearing, Karl Colley has been suspended from all football and football activity with immediate effect until 1 October 2014.

"The former Goole AFC player admitted an FA improper conduct charge in relation to behaviour which followed his dismissal in the 54th minute of the game against Coalville Town on 25 January 2014, which fell outside the jurisdiction of the match officials.

"Colley was also fined £150."