Author Topic: your having a laugh Dennis  (Read 6283 times)

ceamboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
your having a laugh Dennis
« on: January 24, 2014, 06:25:32 PM »

Come on Dennis Green , you are having a laugh, { southerners expression }  I expect the  manager of BUFC to fight tooth and bloody nail to keep our teams best striker, not express statements to the media, quote, {  that if such and such was offered I would not stand in the players way,} unquote,  also he states  in the Target newspaper we are here to develop players, in other words BUFC is a feeder club !, I thought the ambition of BUFC and the current manager was to get out of this crap Skrill North league, and to progress up the football pyramid, whats the point of building a new football ground if you're just happy to be a feeder club , well the  club won't be progressing far if you sell your best players, instead of talking to the media off maybe moving Ricky Miller on for money, he should be talking to the chairman and directors of getting Ricky Miller signed onto a new contract for the next season, at the very least the manager should want to keep his best players until the end of this season, and see what league the team is in come then, then if decent offers come in for some players you can then think about moving players to better the club and the players also, Just what signal does this media speculation created by Dennis Green to the press give out to the public meeting group of 100 people who assembled at Wyberton against the proposed new stadium and complex in their area, also to the B.B.C who the planning permission as to come from, some of these councillors must be thinking why do the football club need this new ground if they are happy to be just a feeder club, All I can say Dennis Green is that if you decide to sell your best players , and if the directors back you in this decision , it shows the lack of ambition in the club, just watch the gates go down if this event does come about .

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: your having a laugh Dennis
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 06:35:26 PM »
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 07:38:24 PM »
What Greene said in the media alters nothing ,   the way it works if clubs want to sign a player they are not swayed one way or another by what is said in the media .    If a bid comes in it has to be balanced against the fact the player may go free at the end of the season .
As for the people at the Wyberton meeting the transfer dealings will be of no interest to them .
The Planners base their decisions on planning merits not the clubs transfer activity ,  although if the club gets some sizeable fees for a player or two this may impress the planers more than Jim  Rodwells fag packet budgeting .

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 09:01:15 PM »
Think people also need to remember that most articles come from 1 interview. Dennis Greene is asked a question and in my opinion as answered it Honestly and with truth. We are a selling club and thats how we survive. We don't have a club that breaks even or makes money so yes if the right over comes forward then it be irrisponsible of the club not to look at it.
Ambition at this level is done on Blood,sweat and tears with a little sprinkling of skill.

Fans Wanted a Honest manager, Well they have one but we still moan

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 10:33:24 PM »
Dennis has actually said very little on the topic yet a lot has been made of the topic. All that he said is that obviously the lad is attracting attention and that any move has to be right for Ricky and the club. Dennis is doing a great job and bought some good players to the club playing attractive football on a tight budget also managing to forge relations with a Prem club (Sunderland.) What more could we want!

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 10:17:20 PM »
I cant believe what I am reading. Ceamboy, even allowing for his comments which could I do agree attrack extra interest, do you honestly think that he will not do his best to keep not just Miller, but all our best players. To think otherwise is as daft as thinking any of the 100 NIMBY's objecting to the new development would give a toss which players we kept or didn't

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2014, 10:40:41 PM »
Fair point B Grimes, most us realise that all clubs at this level are feeder clubs , (except North Ferriby) .In the same way we stole Ricky off Stamford for nothing,  someday he'll probably end up at a club at a higher level. This is what happens in the lower reaches of non-league football, the cream rises to the top.  (Though hopefully for a fee)  It's called the law of the jungle and whatever Dennis Greene or Gary Simpson says, doesn't really matter.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2014, 10:14:38 AM »
This thread has certainly raised the prospect of losing Ricky but this is not entirely down to Dennis Greene. Just been reading the full page article on Ricky by Stuart Hammond in the NLP, found it most interesting reading about Ricky's past but perhaps more interesting is Stuart moving on to compare Ricky with Jamie Vardy and suggesting Ricky could emulate his success. He mentions higher level scouts "Flocking" to Lincolnshire  to check him out and concludes his article with the words "Watch this space for the next Miller move".

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2014, 11:44:09 AM »

Come on Dennis Green , you are having a laugh, { southerners expression }  I expect the  manager of BUFC to fight tooth and bloody nail to keep our teams best striker, not express statements to the media, quote, {  that if such and such was offered I would not stand in the players way,} unquote,  also he states  in the Target newspaper we are here to develop players, in other words BUFC is a feeder club !, I thought the ambition of BUFC and the current manager was to get out of this crap Skrill North league, and to progress up the football pyramid, whats the point of building a new football ground if you're just happy to be a feeder club , well the  club won't be progressing far if you sell your best players, instead of talking to the media off maybe moving Ricky Miller on for money, he should be talking to the chairman and directors of getting Ricky Miller signed onto a new contract for the next season, at the very least the manager should want to keep his best players until the end of this season, and see what league the team is in come then, then if decent offers come in for some players you can then think about moving players to better the club and the players also, Just what signal does this media speculation created by Dennis Green to the press give out to the public meeting group of 100 people who assembled at Wyberton against the proposed new stadium and complex in their area, also to the B.B.C who the planning permission as to come from, some of these councillors must be thinking why do the football club need this new ground if they are happy to be just a feeder club, All I can say Dennis Green is that if you decide to sell your best players , and if the directors back you in this decision , it shows the lack of ambition in the club, just watch the gates go down if this event does come about .

Were  you never taught to use full stops and paragraphs.
It makes reading your long winded posts rather difficult.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2014, 12:34:33 PM »
This thread has certainly raised the prospect of losing Ricky but this is not entirely down to Dennis Greene. Just been reading the full page article on Ricky by Stuart Hammond in the NLP, found it most interesting reading about Ricky's past but perhaps more interesting is Stuart moving on to compare Ricky with Jamie Vardy and suggesting Ricky could emulate his success. He mentions higher level scouts "Flocking" to Lincolnshire  to check him out and concludes his article with the words "Watch this space for the next Miller move".

do you think theres a int that GRAHAM DRURY paved the way for RICKY to play for boston.
I also think drury had SEMPs on his list as well.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2014, 01:11:11 PM »

do you think theres a int that GRAHAM DRURY paved the way for RICKY to play for boston.
I also think drury had SEMPs on his list as well.

Agree fully with your first line miele ,  when DRURY left I am sure it made BUFC a more attractive club to come to for the better players like Ricky .

Don,t think it was Semps on GD wanted list , it was in fact Wilshire  :dan

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2014, 01:24:23 PM »
Wilshire Mmmmm  :)

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2014, 02:00:07 PM »

It was a very good article wasn't it, maybe Stuart picked simply up on the comments made by the boss and did no more than write a follow up to the earlier piece he mentioned. Ricky did point out tho, how much he loved it at Boston, which he's always said, but still nice to hear, and I bet DG cant wait for for the end of January tho ;D

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2014, 03:39:53 PM »
I think the club that stands out who would buy him are Peterborough, being fairly local and have experience in buying non-league strikers to develop and sell on. However, they are in the process of buying Washington from Newport so I'd say they aren't in the market at the moment.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/