Author Topic: More money worries  (Read 69197 times)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: More money worries
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2009, 06:34:45 PM »
Where's Mark Isaac when you need him, eh?

Don't suppose you could scan in that Newton column could you Andy and e-mail it me, when you get a spare 5 mins? I wonder how he's going to make Neil Kempster fix it.......?

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2009, 06:39:41 PM »
 How much would  ' the plot of land ' cost  ? people ?

Shodfried

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2009, 06:45:11 PM »

Don't suppose you could scan in that Newton column could you Andy and e-mail it me, when you get a spare 5 mins? I wonder how he's going to make Neil Kempster fix it.......?

Sorry Pete I stopped buying the programme this season........as good as it is they'll never be worth anything so I save my 2.50's and get one or two of these a year.

Shodfried

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2009, 06:48:50 PM »
How much would  ' the plot of land ' cost  ? people ?

7-9 Million at a conservative estimate with The Glider thrown in.

Why, you thinking of cobbling a few bob together Ted?

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2009, 06:59:13 PM »
 Shods ..I meant  ANOTHER  plot of land  ..  cheap as possible !

pere noel

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2009, 07:00:28 PM »

;)

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2009, 07:05:24 PM »
 Hey !
  game on ........

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2009, 07:08:45 PM »
Come home to "Roost" eh Mark,  I seem to recall suggesting to you a few years ago we'd end up at the PRSA and was poo poo'd in a Melchet sort of way....looking a bit more likely now eh ?

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2009, 07:10:59 PM »
Come home to "Roost" eh Mark,  I seem to recall suggesting to you a few years ago we'd end up at the PRSA and was poo poo'd in a Melchet sort of way....looking a bit more likely now eh ?

Wouldn't be so bad if alot of work was done on the ground, in the current state however I'd hate to go to a game there.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2009, 07:22:44 PM »
The PRSA cannot hold any (semi-)professional games, as it received Lottery funding. Spalding anyone?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Bob Lee

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2009, 07:26:42 PM »
Or Tatt Road ???

Shodfried

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2009, 07:39:31 PM »
Parking at FC is a 'mare with their 70 or 80 regulars, imagine 15 or 20 times that for a Utd game...... :o

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2009, 07:47:43 PM »
Or Tatt Road ???
Unibond standard?

I would imagine if you moved the temporary seating from the York Street stand to Spalding, it would be good enough for UniBond Prem
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Shodfried

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2009, 07:51:29 PM »
Lets not even think about traipsing over to Spalding eh?

The club really do need to start looking at and for sites for a new stadium asap, and it'd be nice if the fans were consulted on the design, the last thing we want is a shitty Chester-esque abomination, lets build a new ground with a bit of character.

And if any of York St could be incorporated in a new ground mores the better.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2009, 08:04:02 PM »
I remember the 80's and 90's a bit different from Shodried. Malkie was always interested in money and never the club, he should be ashamed at how he's squeezing the life out of the club, for someone who supposedly had the club at heart. I wasn't around when Ernest was involved but from what I'm told he was the club through and through, whereas Pat was never really interested.

As for the ground don't think Spalding or Town are right for us as we'd need to do work at both, like Shodfried said we need to get looking for land and get something sorted, until then we'll have to somehow raise the rent money.

One last thing for all those that where complaining about people saying on here we're lucky we still have a club, well we are because if DN and NK had of walked away that would of been game over and it looks like it's still in the balance...

Edit: Meant to say when we do get the land (I have faith in The Chestnuts) it might be worth building things piecemeal even if we have to start with only 1 main stand and 3 uncovered hard standing sides rather than compromising on quality to get it all built at once. We could then add to as and when we can afford?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 08:09:49 PM by woad_pilgrim »