Author Topic: More money worries  (Read 69129 times)

Shodfried

More money worries
« on: October 10, 2009, 02:43:04 PM »
Big news today within David Newton's programme notes... He considered quitting last week after the ground's annual rent was upped to £72,000 (and backdated to 2006 with interest)...

I'm told there's also a loan reared its head from the previous owners.

Great call by all those who wanted Evans back. Well done to all. I hope it was worth it.

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
Re: More money worries
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 03:30:28 PM »
That as may be but the issue thats been key for long while now is the ground and this increase does not take the piss it steals it.

It clear from this the Malks don't want money they want to be rid of the club and will continue to squeeze till its gone.  Sad, sad day.

Yet more appreciation for David and Neil, what others would carry on in a situation like this?

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 03:41:11 PM »
Its clear that the Malks want to make money out of the land the club is on and whilst the club sits there there's no way of them achieving their greedy little plan.

Whatever the plan is it'll be more self serving from a family that have exploited the local community for a long time.  I pitty anyone that lives around there and would encourage all those in Boston to fight their plans as vigourously as those of old Snotnick who went before as theres not a lot of difference between either them or Evans methods (birds of a feather)

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 03:47:25 PM »
 Surely BUFC have  to find another ground . . quick ..!

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 05:02:18 PM »
PRSA here we come!!!!!!!!!!

madhos

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 05:10:26 PM »
u might not be far wrong qwerty..........saaaad news ..............

Stumpy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2009, 05:15:36 PM »
In a couple of years where once stood our ancestral home will be a block of flats similar to Castle Square, down West Road - foriegn beers cans and fag packets littering everywhere.

As a dedication to its founder it could be called Pat Malkinson Towers.

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2009, 05:33:55 PM »
Its clear that the Malks want to make money out of the land the club is on and whilst the club sits there there's no way of them achieving their greedy little plan.

Their land and they are entitled to do with it what they want within the law. I wouldn't call it a greedy little plan. Just looking more and more desperate to me. They realise that they will get more for a vacant piece of land now, rather than get whats left over after the receviers have sold it!

Cashflow is the name of the game here, and the club need more and more cash flowing to them NOW. This is the time when we should be supporting everthing we can not just home games, who's bought tickets to the fireworks night? Who's had a Saturday night in the Pilgrim Lounge? Take your neighbours to the Pilgrim Lounge and sell them some Fireworks night tickets.

Shodfried

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2009, 05:34:26 PM »
Before the lynch mob is sent round Malky's just remember who kept the club afloat almost single handedly in the 80's and 90's when interest in the club was almsot zero. And remember back then what the rent on the ground was........a quid a year.

Malky's no angel but he's been through the mill thanks to that crook he appointed as manager and its made him an ill man. While I think quite frankly the rent increase is taking the piss people need to step back and think that without Pat and his Dad before him there'd have been precious little in the way of entertainment in this town what with the Glider and BUFC.

Bob Lee

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2009, 05:45:32 PM »
I remember being called all the names under the sun when I questioned The Malkies.  I was told in no uncertain terms that the Malkies are Boston United.  Well they have a funny way of showing it.  I cannot put on here what I know because of legal issues, but lets say this does not surprise me. >:(

I remember when we the supporters built the new stands, I remember when we the supporters built the social Club.  All of it with no cost to the club, and without incurring debt.  I remember coming to see a match in the early 70's, and they had to keep the social club open during the match, because a certain director stayed in there because he thought the football  club was a waste of time.  A few weeks later when the money started coming through the lottery he was their best supporter.

Sorry but all those years ago " I told you so " >:(

Boycott the Bingo. >:( >:( >:( >:(

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2009, 06:00:18 PM »
Time for the club and the council to get together for a suitable site for a new ground as soon as possible-that kind of outlay is just not sustainable.But please,please not the PRSA.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2009, 06:16:12 PM »
Whatever the politics of the situation  .. BUFC fans must accept that the relationship with  the previous benefactors is now well and truly defunct .. and now becoming extremely hazardous to the Club's survival .
  Time to buy that  plot of land  ..  progress the pitch(es) and car parks .. and  literally carry the covered stands over there .
           To start   ANEW
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 06:19:59 PM by father Ted »

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2009, 06:18:53 PM »
I couldnt care if we played in the street so the malki can have there poxy bloody land back.

they can stick there bingo up there ..........

Why line there pockets

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2009, 06:22:29 PM »
Time for the club and the council to get together for a suitable site for a new ground as soon as possible-that kind of outlay is just not sustainable.But please,please not the PRSA.

It'd be nice to see the council block any plans they have as the people of Boston paid for the ground infrastructure not the Malkies.  I cannot believe how niave people are towards the Malkies I would'nt trust one of them with walking someone over the road.

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2009, 06:29:36 PM »

Their land and they are entitled to do with it what they want within the law. I wouldn't call it a greedy little plan. Just looking more and more desperate to me. They realise that they will get more for a vacant piece of land now, rather than get whats left over after the receviers have sold it!

Cashflow is the name of the game here, and the club need more and more cash flowing to them NOW. This is the time when we should be supporting everthing we can not just home games, who's bought tickets to the fireworks night? Who's had a Saturday night in the Pilgrim Lounge? Take your neighbours to the Pilgrim Lounge and sell them some Fireworks night tickets.

Exactly within the law, funny how they try and use that when it suits and convieniently forget it likewise.   Unscrupulous bunch...getting the message, I don't like them and never have !  I equally don't buy the  "Ooh they saved the club for the town in the 90's its always been about the money for them and how they can use the club.  It is a greedy plan if the family take more out of the community than they put in but hey that's capitalism I suppose  bugger the consequences and future for everyone else and look after number one :(.