Author Topic: More money worries  (Read 71849 times)

pere noel

• View Profile
Re: More money worries
« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2009, 05:02:08 PM »
Sorry I have not been on for a while but been in the Priory, now I have my head straight I would like to say that David & Neil have my full support and what they are doing for Boston United and sport in general in Boston is great and everybody should now help them make this move to a new stadium and secure the long term future of Boston United for the people of Boston.

Bartmac

« Reply #76 on: October 12, 2009, 05:29:05 PM »
Wowee! a supportive contribution from our Piere, well done keep it up!!!!!!

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2009, 05:58:36 PM »
Perhaps they haven't had people like Evans Or Malkinson trying to screw them. Just a thought. And who would blame Mr. Newton for walking away. He does his best, thinks they are getting somewhere and then some miserable *astard comes along and kicks him in the nuts. But it does show he is a better man than them in all respects because he doesn't lay down and give in and he has a heart. He will prevail but needs help and support.

More than anything he needs a turn of fortune on the pitch, a good run at the top and the extra £20,000 a year should be licked into touch easily. The lump sum payment would need a title chase ending in some big gates to end the season (possibly taking it to the last home game, losing out and getting the playoffs) to get even close to paying off in gate reciepts. GULP No pressure
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2009, 06:21:26 PM »
Agreed, it must be demoralising pumping money into a club that loses all the time

Pilgrims67

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 12, 2009, 06:44:29 PM »
Perhaps they haven't had people like Evans Or Malkinson trying to screw them. Just a thought. And who would blame Mr. Newton for walking away. He does his best, thinks they are getting somewhere and then some miserable *astard comes along and kicks him in the nuts. But it does show he is a better man than them in all respects because he doesn't lay down and give in and he has a heart. He will prevail but needs help and support.

totally agree. We are very lucky to have a chairman with such high values and integrity. It's important that he hears that from the fans.

Pilgrims67

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2009, 06:53:16 PM »
Sorry forgot to add.

Not sure that ys is prime for a supermarket. Biggest issue is that there isn't any requirement in the local plan. Also traffic in town is bad. Traffic studies won't be ideal. Not that this stopped asda!

The current proposed redevelopment of the old kwik save and bus station offers better and easy retail solutions.

The best thing is to hope we can keep paying the exorbitant rental and frustrate the malkin$ons.

aggy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2009, 08:41:55 PM »
I'll get my mum to go to the gala bingo from now on and tell the malkies to shove thier glider where the sun don't shine!

Monty

« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2009, 11:03:33 AM »
Credit to the Malkies they have backed the club for many years, there does not always have to be a scapegoat, their past contribution should be applauded and we should be focused on supporting the current Chairman.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2009, 01:31:43 PM »
Credit to the Malkies they have backed the club for many years, there does not always have to be a scapegoat, their past contribution should be applauded and we should be focused on supporting the current Chairman.
Which era are you giving credit for? Era 1 Ernest. Era 2 Pat and variuos managers or era 3 Pat and SE
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2009, 05:12:36 PM »
Or the time we were taken into the Boston & Dist league.

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 17, 2009, 09:33:48 AM »

Edit: Meant to say when we do get the land (I have faith in The Chestnuts) it might be worth building things piecemeal even if we have to start with only 1 main stand and 3 uncovered hard standing sides rather than compromising on quality to get it all built at once. We could then add to as and when we can afford?

I agree with this actually. I'm sure the club will consult fans on what they want to see at the new ground, but I'm not sure it'll be necessary. Like on another thread, I'd like to see us keep the traditional floodlights. I'd like to see a big terraced home end like the Town End - in fact I'd essentially want a copy of York Street, except with all the YS end facilities/directors' box etc moved into the new main stand (which won't have those pillars in the way!), and that end then made into a small-medium sized covered seating area for away fans. I expect the majority of fans would probably be thinking along similar lines...

Once the pitch is seeded, a stand erected and various community schemes are operating around the new ground, the new stands would hopefully spring up fairly quickly as the club would be ticking all sorts of boxes you need to for grants etc...

Richie..p

• Numbskulls
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2009, 10:41:47 AM »
Why not save a fortune on design and just copy Rushden & diamonds. Out of all the modern grounds theirs is alright. For me i'd have tow sides seats, one set behind the goal and one set along the pitch (as main stand) and the other two sides standing.

Getting ahead of myself but while we are discussing it that would be my thoughts, I'm not too fussed on the floodlights, could be a white elephant just to have the old style ones (which incidently do not comply with the Football league requirements). I hope the club move to a piece of land which is utilised for more than just match day football and find other income streams.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 17, 2009, 10:54:00 AM »
Ground s/ be near to a station ( for Foxie and me ) !

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 17, 2009, 01:00:48 PM »
Iwould love a stadium like Nene Park but i think we can only dream. It was build in a better financiel climate than we are in now and backed by a multi-millonaire . It now seems a millstone round the clubs neck. Ithink we shall go on similar lines as suggested by WP and kick off with a more modest 4-5 thousand capacity set-up.

Shodfried

« Reply #89 on: October 17, 2009, 01:19:38 PM »
And in all honesty why do we need anything other than a Conference standard ground?

Lets be honest, the local populous never came out and supported the club when we were a league side, compare and contrast with Yeovil who are in a similar location to us but who drew an average of 6000 for their 1st few league seasons......we struggled to get much past 2500 after that 1st couple of seasons.

As long as we don't end up with a new build horror like Chester,Aylesbury,Kingstonian,Witton eta al I'm of the train of thought that says a Conference standard ground will be more than satisfactory for us for the long term. Talk of a Rushden style ground is folly, The Chestnuts budget won't allow for such a grandiose scheme.