Author Topic: More money worries  (Read 71677 times)

Shodfried

Re: More money worries
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2009, 09:35:38 PM »
Not so keen on the Dartford set up  ;D

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/242071

Thats what you'd have got if Evans and his rotten cronies had got their way.

If you were lucky.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2009, 09:38:01 PM »
BBC no chance!I believe we still owe them 30+ grand plus interest from a previous loan!I guess Pere Noel can confirm this!

Seenbetter

« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2009, 01:51:38 AM »
I can't see BBC helping out with the land unless you want to plant trees on it. This may sound rediculous but perhaps a small advert in the Saudi Standard asking for someone with a few bob to spare to invest in a small club might draw some interest.
Someone once said to me "It's a shame grass doesn't burn". No idea what he meant.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2009, 05:41:03 AM »
How much dosh as the guy from 'fantasy Island' got?  One more thing, Boston is the place where the Pilgrim fathers set sail. If that's not enough fooking history for the town, then i don't know what is. The other side of the pond there's a team called the 'New England Revolution' They play at the 'Gillette Stadium' in Boston. How much trouble would it be to email them, phone them, just to get in touch?

check the grassy knoll
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

chris47

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2009, 08:03:53 AM »
£72 000 sounds a lot of money. What was the previous rent?

With the relaunch of the Save the Pilgrims fund can we raise the difference. It is obvious we need a long term plan now re the ground and I am convinced the Chesnuts are the people to deliver it.

chris47

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2009, 08:06:53 AM »
Oh and can someone please put a scan of the programme notes on here. I missed the Ashton match as I was in Coventry looking at the Uni with my daughter.

PS perhaps I should miss more matches if it means they play like that.

Seenbetter

« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2009, 09:28:41 AM »
I think the previous rent was about £52,000 per annum.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2009, 09:29:20 AM »
The fans can,of course,help thruogh the Save The Pilgrims fund.For those on low income even buying a programme if you didn't buy one before,or even an extra pint in the Pilgrims Lounge all helps a little.I do though think the Club itself needs to be seen to be doing something,i.e.talking to the Council,actively seeking a new site etc.As far as i can see there is nothing stopping the Malkinsons attempting at least to put the rent up again next year..or the next year..or the year after that.It's clear they don't want us at York Street.Lets get out sooner rather than later.

Seenbetter

« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2009, 09:52:37 AM »
I don't think they will wait that long to try and put the rent up again. Interesting that when they were involved with the club in the Evans era anything 'under the table' seemed acceptable but now it's an honest club with a future they want to screw it. Some people just aren't happy unless they are making somebody else miserable. Sooner we get out of their clutches the better. The council could give the PRSA to the club, after all, it must be a real money burden to them. The running track could be torn up; I've never seen anyone running on it. It would be perfect with some development and what an opportunity to unload it. By the way, did they ever find out where that £1,000,000 loan went to. If that can be brushed under the table I'm sure giving the place to the club could be made acceptable to Boston tax payers as well. 

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2009, 09:57:14 AM »
We're also forgetting that this is the Chestnuts area of expertise, if anyone can do it then it would be them. Im sure all plans will be drawn up accurately and with thought, not like the shit from Robwell and Evans.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2009, 10:35:06 AM »
I am absolutely sure that David and Neil are doing everything they can to sort out this mess and get us re housed however, We have to accept it is one hell of a task.
Let us consider some of the issues. Do the Malkinsons really want us out ASAP? If this is the case why havent they persued a line of trying to have us ejected instead of just upping the rent? The answer to that is, that if they were successful they would have to re home us as sitting tennants which would cost them dearly. Does it not make sense from their point of view to either force us out by making the the rent so exhorbitant we have to leave of our own accord thus not costing them a penny or, to rake in up to a million pounds of easy money in rent over the next eight or nine years, either way they are the winners in this whole sorry mess.
These are just some of the things and there are many more that David and Neil have to get their heads round. There is one thing for sure it will be for us the fans to do all we can to help and assist them at this crucial time,we are all grateful to have a club that is run properly and honestly and we must put ourselves out a bit to ensure this continues.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2009, 10:40:12 AM »
One more thing, Boston is the place where the Pilgrim fathers set sail.

Er, really...???

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2009, 12:29:24 PM »
Boston is the place where the Pilgrim Fathers didn't set sail. They tried to leave and were betrayed and arrested.

The Arbella sailed some years later and founded the colony where Boston Mass. now stands.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2009, 01:41:17 PM »
One more thing, Boston is the place where the Pilgrim fathers set sail.

Er, really...???

Yes, they might of stopped off at some shitty place on the south coast on the way there, just to pick up a few beers.  ;D

check the grassy knoll
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

chris b

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2009, 06:53:31 PM »
Oh and can someone please put a scan of the programme notes on here. I missed the Ashton match as I was in Coventry looking at the Uni with my daughter.

[Welcomes Ashton and reviews Durham and Buxton]

Off the pitch we have had a couple more significant financial setbacks. A £75,000 loan had been taken out by the previous owners which we knew would need repaying at some point in time. We had been covering the interest on the loan and over the past few weeks we have been negotiating to extend the period of the loan however, as is typical in the current financial climate, the lending bank have demanded repayment. We have managed to arrange for it to be repaid over the next 12 months, but it is a real blow when the club still continues to lose money and it certainly was not budgeted for.

We were also in the middle of a rent review on the ground, where the owners were attempting to put the rent up from £52,000 to £250,000 per year. Due to the unreasonable nature of the increase that was demanded there were no grounds for negotiation, therefore the matter ended in arbitratiton. Our experts presented good arguments that the rent should actually be reduced rather than increased, however we learned on Thursday that the rent had now been set at £72,000 per year by the arbitrator. The increase is a bad enough blow, but the worst aspect is that is figure is back dated (with interest), so coupled with the costs of our experts, and the arbitration process, this will cost us in the region of £110,000 to £120,000.

I have to admit this almost brought me to the point of walking away as there is a limit to what Neil and I can do, but having slept on things I realised that we had put far too much work into the club over the past two years and the reasons for getting involved back in 2007 are still the same, so we fight on. I just hope that our home performances start to match some of our great away performances. The home fans will then see what progress is being made and hopefully the gates will improve again to help us through what is a very difficult patch.

[Covers injury to steward, welcomes sponsors, hopes for three points and wishes everyone a safe journey home]

My apologies if I am infinging anyone's copyright - I think this needs as full an audience as possible.