Author Topic: Reserves draw  (Read 2884 times)

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Reserves draw
« on: January 18, 2014, 04:50:01 PM »
A hard fought nill nil away at Heckington today, neither side managing to convert any chances on a difficult pitch...Lewis McKue was outstanding in the Boston midfield , always available for a pass and was a threat going forward..

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
Re: Reserves draw
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 04:53:32 PM »
Good away Point on a difficult pitch.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 05:43:01 PM »
Sure is ..... were you there lol

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 08:20:36 PM »
Not bothered about the resut! We are waiting for verdict about the ref!!!!

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 09:52:00 PM »
I was chatting to the linesmen and he said that he was a young ref just coming through the ranks,he made a lot of correct calls but he gave yellows when it wasn't necessary and then didn't give one when it was,but on the whole he did well...Didn't help him when the management are close to the pitch and shout for a free kick whenever a challenge went in but on the whole he did well...

Oh,and I know you were being sarcastic with the question :D

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2014, 10:23:10 AM »
I like watching the reserves at Y.S. its good value for £2.
when it first started under glen maddison both our managers at the time were commited to getting involved and giving players a chance in training and playing with the first team it turned out to be the start of there down fall.   D.G. will not go down that road and you cant blame him   I am afraid its to big a jump.
what I can say is GLEN did help a few young players get to ucl football and higher and maybe getting a little money for playing.
I will watch when I can good luck to all our young players.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 10:53:07 AM »
Hi Crazy Neil! No, couldn't make yesterday's game. Did you know next week the Lincolnshire League are playing the Humber League in the final 8 of the FA Inter-League Cup. Game is at Lincoln United (Ashby Avenue) at 3.00pm on Saturday. Could be several BUFC Reserves involved like Andy Hewitt and ex-players like Tony Edwards and Liam Parker.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

new kid on the block

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 06:14:52 PM »
Andy Hewitt is in the squad, kieron Elliott was selected but still not match fit after last weeks injury. 

as for comments about DG not using the reserves,  the reserves train with the first team, DG uses them on the bench, last week he gave Dongo 15mins, this week he had to use sam vince,

so good news the gaffer keeps an eye on the reserves don't ya think  miele

our reserves are in a cup semi final and are top of lincs league, so something must be right.

all this talk about lincs league not being tough enough, people must realise that because of the pyramid system the reserves are restricted to what league play in

keep it going vinno and boys,