Author Topic: Does D Greene ever watch any of these players before he signs them  (Read 9617 times)

ceamboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile

Our manager !,    Does he ever watch any of these signings before he brings them to york street aka jakemans stadium, Evans when manager got through scores of players, but at least most of his signing were better players than the ones that went out the exit door,  not like what happened last sat when our manager brought in a player forward who was not as good as a player who he had only let go on loan to K/Lynn a day or two previous,  ok C Sanders might not be the finished article, but at least C Sanders is physical up front, he can put himself about, which is what you want in this crap league, for proof look how successful N/Ferriby are, they don't play like a load of fairies, at the moment D Greene brings a player in on the saturday, come sunday that player as gone, how the hell is a team to gel together if players are in and out like yo-yo's, he  should have seen by this time in the season what players are not up to it, and where the team needs strengthening to push for at least a play-off place come april / may, he should have seen by now the need for a experienced hard tackling midfielder who wins the ball from the opposing team, and a centre forward with strength and power to support R Miller and M Newsham up front, if not  this team will finish no higher than 8th or 9th in the league this season, I hope I am wrong with my prediction for the end of season, but resent activities in the transfer market as left me very despondent about the teams play-off hopes. I know I shall get a load of disapproval posts from posters saying injuries and suspensions have caused D G to grab at straws in the transfer market, but surely the players you know are better than the players you don't know,   are they really as good as their CVs show?.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Does D Greene ever watch any of these players before he signs them
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 07:25:14 PM »

Our manager !,    Does he ever watch any of these signings before he brings them to york street aka jakemans stadium, Evans when manager got through scores of players, but at least most of his signing were better players than the ones that went out the exit door,  not like what happened last sat when our manager brought in a player forward who was not as good as a player who he had only let go on loan to K/Lynn a day or two previous,  ok C Sanders might not be the finished article, but at least C Sanders is physical up front, he can put himself about, which is what you want in this crap league, for proof look how successful N/Ferriby are, they don't play like a load of fairies, at the moment D Greene brings a player in on the saturday, come sunday that player as gone, how the hell is a team to gel together if players are in and out like yo-yo's, he  should have seen by this time in the season what players are not up to it, and where the team needs strengthening to push for at least a play-off place come april / may, he should have seen by now the need for a experienced hard tackling midfielder who wins the ball from the opposing team, and a centre forward with strength and power to support R Miller and M Newsham up front, if not  this team will finish no higher than 8th or 9th in the league this season, I hope I am wrong with my prediction for the end of season, but resent activities in the transfer market as left me very despondent about the teams play-off hopes. I know I shall get a load of disapproval posts from posters saying injuries and suspensions have caused D G to grab at straws in the transfer market, but surely the players you know are better than the players you don't know,   are they really as good as their CVs show?.

I would guess he had not watched those last minute signings that played on Saturday , importantly they were non-contract  i e no pay-off . 
To be fair many of Evans signings only lasted one match , and one reputed to have cost £12k only played a part in one pre-season friendly . More importantly some of the players released by Evans cost the club a furtune in pay-offs .

Re : N Ferriby is has been well documented on here and in the media other clubs in this league cannot compete with NF wages .

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 07:28:01 PM »
He also only had 9 players on Thursday night so was not able to be too choosy.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Tony A

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 07:51:28 PM »
I see Sanders has been mentioned. He just isn't up to the job at first team level as we all saw during his last outing. Got out muscled all the time and didn't seem to know where to be or what to do. Good move to ship him to Kings Lynn. Can't criticise the manager, no one would have anticipated the problems he's facing at the moment. Lets hope our injuries are soon over. Get behind the team on Saturday.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 08:37:29 PM »
He also only had 9 players on Thursday night so was not able to be too choosy.

Were the debutants on Saturday any worse than the bunch of players which Graham Drury recruited? At least under Dennis they were only here on a one-game emergency basis rather than bedded in for the rest of the season.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 09:09:44 PM »
They were worse than anything Drury served up. I would have rather had Sanders playing than the Gambian lad we put in.

In fact, we have a reserve side ? Surely one or two of them must be good enough to at least get on the bench when times are tough.

DL

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 09:13:09 PM »
I don't no why DRURY keeps comeing up. but what I do remember when DRURY left it was his team that won the next 3 games.(without conceding may I had)

those 3 games kept us in this leage for sure. ;) ;)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 09:28:14 PM »
I don't no why DRURY keeps comeing up. but what I do remember when DRURY left it was his team that won the next 3 games.(without conceding may I had)

Obvious then! He couldnt manage and the players knew that aswell!

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 09:42:03 PM »
we agree on one thing then,, the players were okay for those 3 games  and on the strength of those performances GREENE got the job.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2014, 10:33:06 PM »

Why didn't they win games while Drury (not sure why you capitalise his name) was in charge?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2014, 10:47:24 PM »

Why didn't they win games while Drury (not sure why you capitalise his name) was in charge?

Son of :bunny
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2014, 07:30:40 AM »
I mentioned this before, and imo there is no way he would have seen the Gambian lad play before, and probably not seen the lad from Corby, but before we criticise DG in this instance, we really do have to consider the unique circumstances he found himself in on the Friday, which left him little option but to take a punt on a few players, okay it was punt that didn't work, but I cant see what else he could do

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2014, 10:13:14 AM »
I mentioned this before, and imo there is no way he would have seen the Gambian lad play before, and probably not seen the lad from Corby, but before we criticise DG in this instance, we really do have to consider the unique circumstances he found himself in on the Friday, which left him little option but to take a punt on a few players, okay it was punt that didn't work, but I cant see what else he could do
Voice of reason ....well said BG

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2014, 10:14:11 AM »
The 'lad from Corby' was on trial (training) with the club last season.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2014, 10:17:37 AM »
I think it’s unfair to criticise Greene for not seeing the players he brought in on Friday – it’s obvious he had to call in a few favours from contacts and just get bodies on board in so he could at least field a team. When you find out you’re down to nine players on a Thursday before a game, it’s not like you’re going to be in a ProZone suite with an army of football statisticians poring over video clips of prospective signings is it?

However, having said that, like Daniel I am a bit surprised none of our reserves were considered for selection. I would have thought a situation like Thursday’s is precisely why you have a reserve side in the first place? Judging by the performances of some of the new players at Hednesford, I find it hard to believe the lads in the second team would have done a worse job. We should have rolled back the clock and given some of the more nostalgic United fans a treat by giving Joby Gowshall a game…!