Author Topic: Reserves win again - but bad injury to Keiron Elliott  (Read 6571 times)

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
Reserves win again - but bad injury to Keiron Elliott
« on: January 11, 2014, 05:23:33 PM »
The Reserves recorded another win today this time against CGM Humbertherm with goals from Price and Orrey (2). Sad to see young Elliott in such agony - looked like a rib injury (?) - but hopefully he will be back before the end of the season. Heroes of the day were the Ambulance Crew who arrived in about 5 minutes and who attended to Keiron for about 15 minutes on the pitch before taking him to hospital. The Villain of the day? The totally incompetent Referee Mr J Bedford. BOTH Clubs MUST write a strong report to the Lincs League about his conduct today which was inept and embarrassing to say the least. :bunny
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Reserves win again - but bad injury to Keiron Elliott
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 07:37:48 PM »
Have there been ANY refs you have been happy with? This is the Lincolnshire League, where the standard of refereeing is certain to be poor - just like it is for most Conference North refs.

Do you really want a situation where the club writes such a bad report, that he gives up refereeing? It happens.

You've not actually said what he did to show his incompetence.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 09:11:52 PM »
So BOTH clubs should complain? Atleast  he wasn't  biased to either side then.A crap ref sometimes makes the game more interesting to watch.

Lincoln lane massive

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 09:45:51 PM »
It's not the best standard of refereeing, granted, but don't you think much like the ressies are 'learning' their trade, the refs might be learning theirs? What did he do that was so wrong?

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 10:32:29 PM »
Agree regarding the referee,he missed a blatant handball second half and seemed timid when confronted... Just before half time when the melee took place he called their keeper and had words,then as they went in the dressing room he whistled and called him back TWICE for his comments,didn't get a yellow for any of the three offences...

The foul second half on Lee should have been red card,yes there was another defender coming across but no way would he have arrived before Lee got his shot away... Should have been a few yellows imo,there were a lot of very late challenges which he let go..

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2014, 10:35:09 PM »
Have there been ANY refs you have been happy with? This is the Lincolnshire League, where the standard of refereeing is certain to be poor - just like it is for most Conference North refs.

Do you really want a situation where the club writes such a bad report, that he gives up refereeing? It happens.

You've not actually said what he did to show his incompetence.
A lot of Refs are adequate for this level but it is frightening how many are not. Yes, in answer to your question........I would no longer be happy to see this particular guy officiating at this level. He is 100% (i.e. no room for any doubt whatsoever) in a job that he could cope with. IF you had been at York Street today you would have probably agreed with me and Crazy Neil. You weren't - I am giving you good feedback, Pilgrim86.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 11:00:42 PM by Burgh Boy »
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2014, 10:59:53 PM »
Any refs adequate at Lincs League level, who are young enough to be promoted, will be moved to a higher standard. It's how the system works. You are left with the odd young ref on their way up, or the older refs on their way down. It's an amateur league, remember...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2014, 11:13:10 PM »
Any refs adequate at Lincs League level, who are young enough to be promoted, will be moved to a higher standard. It's how the system works. You are left with the odd young ref on their way up, or the older refs on their way down. It's an amateur league, remember...
So just because it is an "amateur" league, clubs should accept appointments of wholly inadequate guys to take charge of games? Not for me in this age of constant assessments and managers' markings. Leagues have NO excuses in accepting sub standard Officials to take charge of matches just because there is a supposed shortage of Referees - which, importantly, the FA constantly deny there is.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2014, 10:23:42 AM »
It's either a sub-standard ref, or no ref. No ref = no game. You choose?

Good teams win, despite refereeing ineptitude.

new kid on the block

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2014, 10:59:25 AM »
noticed that Skeg town lost to Sleaford and gainsborough lost to heckington with Hykeham only drawing yesterdays win moved the rerserves 6 points clear at top of league. 

anyone heard how Kieran Elliott is,  he looked in agony as he was laid on pitch. talk was possible broken ribs and worry over a punctured lung.

well done to the reserve lads for carrying on and getting the win, they scored 2 goals within 2 minutes of kieron being carried to the ambulance, aidie daubney was helping get kieron in the ambulance and as he walked back he'd missed both goals, he didn't believe anyone when they told him

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2014, 02:20:33 PM »

You are limiting the choices a bit, Pilgrim86. It doesn't have to be that way. What is the point of all the referee assessments and FAs ensuring Referees received proper training if Leagues still can't get appointments right? There are therefore 3 options: An adequate standard ref, a sub standard ref or no ref. Naturally, I will always chose an adequate standard ref but if there is not one available then sadly there should be no game. There is no point in arranging matches where there is no referee or only a sub standard one available. It just makes a mockery of the game and could lead to issues regarding players' safety. END OF....
On the subject of yesterday's game, does anyone know how young Keiron is?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 02:35:23 PM by Burgh Boy »

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2014, 02:31:30 PM »

You are limiting the choices a bit, Pilgrim86. It doesn't have to be that way. What is the point of all the referee assessments and FAs ensuring Referees received proper training if Leagues still can't get appointments right? We should be given 3 options: An adequate standard ref, a sub standard ref or no ref. Naturally, I will always chose an adequate standard ref but if there is not one available then sadly there should be no game. There is no point in arranging matches where there is no referee or only a sub standard one available. It just makes a mockery of the game and could lead to issues regarding players' safety.

I assume they allocate the best of what they have available which maybe indicates more should be encouraged to have ago . How experienced was the ref you are talking about .

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2014, 03:26:22 PM »

You are limiting the choices a bit, Pilgrim86. It doesn't have to be that way. What is the point of all the referee assessments and FAs ensuring Referees received proper training if Leagues still can't get appointments right? There are therefore 3 options: An adequate standard ref, a sub standard ref or no ref. Naturally, I will always chose an adequate standard ref but if there is not one available then sadly there should be no game. There is no point in arranging matches where there is no referee or only a sub standard one available. It just makes a mockery of the game and could lead to issues regarding players' safety. END OF....
The better referees are allocated higher up the pyramid, as are the better players.

I fyou have to resort to using 'END OF', then that says it all ;D

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2014, 04:53:40 PM »

The better referees are allocated higher up the pyramid, as are the better players.

I fyou have to resort to using 'END OF', then that says it all ;D
Sure does! Anyway, whatever our differences on this subject Pilgrim86, have you found out how young Keiron is and, if so, can you update us, please?

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2014, 05:01:22 PM »

Referees, like players find their natural level

The difference is all referees have been through a training course, and passed an exam, and are continually assessed as to their progress- therefore no referees are sub standard
Every decision they make is open to interpretation, and usually annoys one of the teams
The better refs get more decisions right (but rarely all of them) in a game