Author Topic: Charlie Sanders  (Read 11097 times)

cookie

• View Profile
Re: Charlie Sanders
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2014, 10:33:21 AM »
Brilliant answer from from Maxross! You have to give these kids time ...what is the point of having an excellent youth system if we don't nurture them through gradually. If Charlie makes it in the future and we let him go for nothing the flak will fly ...I was given three or four years, the lads not taking any money from the club yet comes in for abuse week in week out. Give him a break!

Excellent point Pilgrim 86, I remember their being almost identical comments on here about Elding when he was in a similar position at Boston in the late 90's/early 2000's.  What people need to remember about Sanders (and other youth players) is that they are young, and that young players simply don't come out of the youth setup as the finished article.  That is the case everywhere, even the premiership, even the bundesliga (who have a great record in developing young talent). They develop through playing games.  Of course the key thing is that these players have potential.  Hopefully a decent spell getting game time at Kings Lynn will help develop that potential and bring him closer to being a useful first team player next season.

What I object to is the lack of encouragement they receive.  We've got a youth setup to be proud of which regularly develops players with the potential to be placed in our squad by several different managers now.  How about a bit of understanding and encouragement? Young people make mistakes, it's how they learn, but with nurture and clever use of the loan system for them to gain experimence, we could have a regular source of decent standard squad players or better.

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2014, 11:44:06 AM »
Brilliant answer from from Maxross! You have to give these kids time ...what is the point of having an excellent youth system if we don't nurture them through gradually. If Charlie makes it in the future and we let him go for nothing the flak will fly ...I was given three or four years, the lads not taking any money from the club yet comes in for abuse week in week out. Give him a break!

Excellent point Pilgrim 86, I remember there being almost identical comments on here about Elding when he was in a similar position at Boston in the late 90's/early 2000's.  What people need to remember about Sanders (and other youth players) is that they are young, and that young players simply don't come out of the youth setup as the finished article.  That is the case everywhere, even the premiership, even the bundesliga (who have a great record in developing young talent). They develop through playing games.  Of course the key thing is that these players have potential.  Hopefully a decent spell getting game time at Kings Lynn will help develop that potential and bring him closer to being a useful first team player next season.

What I object to is the lack of encouragement they receive.  We've got a youth setup to be proud of which regularly develops players with the potential to be placed in our squad by several different managers now.  How about a bit of understanding and encouragement? Young people make mistakes, it's how they learn, but with nurture and clever use of the loan system for them to gain experience, we could have a regular source of decent standard squad players or better.

Well said.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2014, 02:54:59 PM »

Excellent point Pilgrim 86, I remember there being almost identical comments on here about Elding when he was in a similar position at Boston in the late 90's/early 2000's.  What people need to remember about Sanders (and other youth players) is that they are young, and that young players simply don't come out of the youth setup as the finished article.  That is the case everywhere, even the premiership, even the bundesliga (who have a great record in developing young talent). They develop through playing games.  Of course the key thing is that these players have potential.  Hopefully a decent spell getting game time at Kings Lynn will help develop that potential and bring him closer to being a useful first team player next season.

What I object to is the lack of encouragement they receive.  We've got a youth setup to be proud of which regularly develops players with the potential to be placed in our squad by several different managers now.  How about a bit of understanding and encouragement? Young people make mistakes, it's how they learn, but with nurture and clever use of the loan system for them to gain experience, we could have a regular source of decent standard squad players or better.

Well said.
any chance of printing a few off and handing them out before the game ?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2014, 09:04:49 PM »
Scored for Lynn today.