Author Topic: Charlie Sanders  (Read 11096 times)

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Charlie Sanders
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2014, 12:08:48 AM »
this is why he has been loaned out, his needing of games and more experience. like i said, my only gripe with all this is people moaning and judging by just one mistake. 

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2014, 12:16:35 AM »
Is there much difference in Charley now, and Elding when he was in the reserves? A loan spell, playing regularly, and hopefully scoring a few could see him come back and prove that he deserves his place in the squad.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2014, 12:43:11 AM »
Is there much difference in Charley now, and Elding when he was in the reserves? A loan spell, playing regularly, and hopefully scoring a few could see him come back and prove that he deserves his place in the squad.

Excellent point Pilgrim 86, I remember their being almost identical comments on here about Elding when he was in a similar position at Boston in the late 90's/early 2000's.  What people need to remember about Sanders (and other youth players) is that they are young, and that young players simply don't come out of the youth setup as the finished article.  That is the case everywhere, even the premiership, even the bundesliga (who have a great record in developing young talent). They develop through playing games.  Of course the key thing is that these players have potential.  Hopefully a decent spell getting game time at Kings Lynn will help develop that potential and bring him closer to being a useful first team player next season.

What I object to is the lack of encouragement they receive.  We've got a youth setup to be proud of which regularly develops players with the potential to be placed in our squad by several different managers now.  How about a bit of understanding and encouragement? Young people make mistakes, it's how they learn, but with nurture and clever use of the loan system for them to gain experimence, we could have a regular source of decent standard squad players or better.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2014, 08:52:54 AM »
Finally two level headed comments  ;D  We just have to look at the premier league and use one youth player, Adnan Januzaj as an example. He has made a few "mistakes" or "errors" where he could have been sent off. Yet are Man U fans slating him ? Of course not. Raw talent needs time and development.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2014, 09:22:24 AM »
Got to feel a bit sorry for Charlie. The lad is literally playing for a different side each week which must be bad and confusing for him. Seems like Management are just bouncing him from pillar to post. Charlie needs to find a club that will accept him - even if that is at level 5 - and not bung him off on loan or on some dubious dual registration scheme. :bunny
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2014, 09:47:29 AM »
That's why he has gone on loan for the rest of the season...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

uncleremus

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2014, 10:44:46 AM »
i agree with most people we need to give him a chance, but with 2 sending off and only one goal surely he has had a chance.  if he has had time to get sent off twice surely he has had time to win a place, sorry not good enough for our league level.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2014, 11:34:04 AM »
He is not good enough for this level im afraid it's as simple as that

Not at the moment, but that does not warrant the torrent of abuse that he gets does it surely ? All players that pull on a shirt should be supported, we will soon get a reputation as a bunch of moaners....oh , wait .. :bunny

Good point, but supporters on here, once they take a dislike to someone do go over the top. The last time was a certain 5'2" manager if memory serves and whilst the lad is not good enough as yet, doesn't warrant abuse, no one does

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2014, 11:50:31 AM »
The thing is, DG obviously sees potential in the lad. I think getting him to sign was a great idea.
Its hard to think of anyone more committed to the club.

Seenbetter

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2014, 12:10:52 PM »
The bottom line is, and you only have to see him play to realise this, he is not good enough for this level. If promotion is an ambition of the club then it cannot rely on experimenting with players who cannot ,as yet, do the job. The best players available should be put on the pitch not the only players we have left. 

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2014, 01:08:32 PM »
Sanders signed a contract until the end of NEXT season.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2014, 02:14:12 PM »
I seem to recall similar comments to those on Sanders being made on the Spayne terrace about 30 years ago when Chris Cook was learning the trade .
 Does anyone who went to Hednesford yesterday think the new striker did a better job than Sanders would have done ?
Lynn brought Sanders and Mills on after 65mins yesterday , can,t see any comments on Charley but plenty on Mills mainly referring to food !

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2014, 02:18:42 PM »
I have to say I've not been that impressed by Charley, mainly because he looks like a sending off waiting to happen, but both Jason Lee and Dennis Greene (two ex centre forwards) see something in him and they know more about football than me.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2014, 03:20:00 PM »
I seem to recall similar comments to those on Sanders being made on the Spayne terrace about 30 years ago when Chris Cook was learning the trade .
 Does anyone who went to Hednesford yesterday think the new striker did a better job than Sanders would have done ?
Lynn brought Sanders and Mills on after 65mins yesterday , can,t see any comments on Charley but plenty on Mills mainly referring to food !

Good point,made young Sanders look like Andy Carroll. Not one to rip into individuals, but he was truly shocking wasn't he?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2014, 03:27:59 PM »
How's Jordan Nuttell getting on at Town?