Author Topic: Home atmosphere  (Read 5019 times)

Tomgraves

• View Profile
Home atmosphere
« on: January 05, 2014, 07:38:16 PM »
Noticed this at quite a few home games this season that we are poor atmosphere wise... the town end was virtually silent all game on saturday.. and when a few did try to get something going it just dwindled out.  Contrast this to away games where the fans are excellent vocally!

We should'nt have to have 200 away fans for our vocalists to turn up.. should be a good atmosphere regardless of how many away fans.. especially in the league position, we are in... The town end can be a game changer sometimes ie alfreton at home 2-0 down to come back to win 3-2 I don't think i have seen the town end like that for some years.

Surely something can be done?

black n yella

Re: Home atmosphere
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 08:39:57 PM »
I was amazed that after 7 away games, our first home game back against histon, people preferred chatting amongst friends rather than joining in singing and trying to create a positive atmosphere for our team. Now I respect peoples rights who chose not to be vocal and sing, that's fine but surely all of those who prefer to keep quiet are helping make York Street become a polite library where teams like to visit. Vocal support is a proven factor in helping players at home, we do it excellently away I must add. How many of us only pipe up when we're frustrated or unhappy with something in a match but don't add any positive noise to show the players we believe. And this is not a dig at any one stand, no willy waving needs to be done, just let's give the team the support it deserves .

Lets all try and make a difference next game, wherever you stand, let's be united together !

UTP

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 08:52:31 PM »
Agree and disagree. Vocal support goes behond the town end. some fans need to see that the ground as more than one stand.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 09:04:31 PM »
Maybe older fans don't sing as much (and Boston do have a lot of old fans !) At away games it tends to be the younger fans congregated together making the noise. I don't think the situation is particularly restricted to Boston though - you get this at many grounds. I was at Posh last week, who aren't doing bad near the top of the league and 5,000 of their fans hardly made a murmur all game.

More concerning for me in the Fantasy Island stand is a particular supporter who sits nearby and effs, t's and w's pretty much all game and when there's loads of kids around too. Is this against ground regulations I wonder. I don't mind the odd expletive but every sentence is starting to do my head in a bit.

DL

Shippy92

• Just another Snapper...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 10:41:02 PM »
There are teams all over that struggle with atmosphere - Been to Doncaster Rovers alot recently and most of time the atmosphere is dead. I know they aren't doing particularly well but it can't be good for the players to play in a stadium devoid of noise. Even Nottingham Forest today was poor for the majority of the game.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 11:06:42 PM »
i'm always in the town end, this weekends game was the best for atmosphere it has been for ages. even a few newer songs were sung !   those that are moaning about it, cannot be one of the 20 or so that stands together and puts in the effort. next home game, get your butts in the mix of the action and make some noise. it doesn't have to be singing. bang on the advertising boards, clap till your hands go numb, scream encouragement at our players. all this helps.  but those standing talking to mates about the week gone or knitting really do need to stay at home , ha.  remember guys and girls,  we are the 12th man and can make a difference so pipe up next home game.  8)

BUFCBUCK

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 11:08:27 PM »
A positive atmosphere can turn games. Thats a fact! We are in the best position we have been in in a long time!

If we get behind the boys we can easily grab a few extra points.

Its a snow ball effect. The more we win , the more will come through the doors, the better the atmosphere, the higher up the league we'll go , the more money!

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2014, 11:25:14 AM »
I've said it plenty of times on here but the sad thing about home games is the fact there are cliques of people who only seem to get involved in the chanting if either themselves or a mate starts it off which baffles me, then there's the younger generation I see in the Town End who either try to start a positive atmosphere or they don't care who starts chants and just gets involved

Tomgraves

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2014, 11:09:49 PM »
Much better atmosphere tonight even at 2-1 down and 3-3! Always felt like we would go on to win.............. :P

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2014, 11:30:30 PM »
Impressed with the "engine room" tonight (town end) a repertoire of songs !
Brilliant :) 

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2014, 07:00:14 AM »
I think both teams responded   a brill game I thought.