Author Topic: The Month Ahead  (Read 8190 times)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: The Month Ahead
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2014, 09:54:36 AM »
I say keep GARNER pushing forward and bring back STAINFIELD, 

Are you joking?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2014, 11:13:20 AM »
Nurse, Miele's out of bed again

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2014, 11:25:44 AM »
should that not be Nanny? ;D

Tho he's banned Saturday, our CH's have to be Pidge and Garner. Whatever the system, we need one looney in the middle, and one with real vision,currently we have neither. The defence also needs to be screaming at the midfield to push forward away from them, giving them room to defend. They're invariably playing on each others toes and why one simple oppo ball over the top can take out 7,8 of our players. Big games coming up tho,aveerage 2 points from the next 5 and we can really start thinking about the play offs

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2014, 02:22:19 PM »
There have been many, many posts on here that have alluded to our chances of making the play offs. Time we realised that if a team finishes top it means automatic promotion, allow me to be the first to say we can achieve top spot with one or two additions.

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2014, 03:44:09 PM »
Well said OXO...why set yourselves a lower target

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2014, 04:19:38 PM »
MY granddad said on tue. it proved we have no one to cover for MARRS and GARNER and STAINFIELD can cover anywere across the back or in c/mid. he says if there bringing players back he would like to see YATES and SNEATH back if we can afford them.
my gandad is realy mad with you lot  he says theres only one player from last season worth his salt  that's NEWSHAM. ;)

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2014, 04:33:10 PM »
This league is up for grabs to anyone who can string a good run together. Telford have had a good Xmas, Ferriby are doing alright now. Brackley aren't so they've spent big again on Stefan Moore, who could be a good asset for them seeing as they can struggle for goals.
Alty have a good squad but one or two injuries.

We've really struggled to put 3+ wins together but if we can get back to that habit, like going on a run similar to Colwyn Bay's recent run we'll catch the leaders up in no time.

Seemed only a few weeks ago we were 10 points behind Hednesford now we're ahead on merit, despite an indifferent run ourselves

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2014, 08:55:20 PM »
Your right about Hednesford, won only one out of six, two out of ten durinh which they have let in 23 goals. Obviously have no idea why, but it could be a good time to play them. As for Brackley signing Moore, I watched him last year actually and he looks well overweight and tho still a clever player has lost so much pace. Cant believe he will get in over the lad Diggens

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2014, 11:08:50 PM »
Has Durrell stopped scoring?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2014, 09:20:05 AM »
They've really dried up. He had about 15 in October and is on 16 now in the league... coincides with their dip in form.
But you could argue he's due a goal...

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2014, 01:31:58 PM »
MY granddad said on tue. it proved we have no one to cover for MARRS and GARNER and STAINFIELD can cover anywere across the back or in c/mid. he says if there bringing players back he would like to see YATES and SNEATH back if we can afford them.
my gandad is realy mad with you lot  he says theres only one player from last season worth his salt  that's NEWSHAM. ;)

Miele - which team does your granddad go to see play? Is he getting mixed up with one in the Boston League?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2014, 01:48:37 PM »
They've really dried up. He had about 15 in October and is on 16 now in the league... coincides with their dip in form.
But you could argue he's due a goal...
http://www.stalybridgeceltic.co.uk/leaguescorers.php

3 players level on 16 goals...

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2014, 03:04:14 PM »
Just shows you I guess,I think it was shauneyg who pointed out how many goals would miller be on if he had took the penalties hed won, assuming obviously they went in of course 18 - 20? Would any swap him or Newsh for the likes of Durell, Moore, Diggens etc? Incidentally anyone have news on Fairclough and SWD. Have they been at the recent matches?

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2014, 08:18:48 PM »
SWD has been at recent matches. As for quality of forwards we are very lucky to have Newsh and Miller and if they maintain fitness and form could score 50 between them.