Author Topic: Should Newy have taken it ?  (Read 3278 times)

Seenbetter

Should Newy have taken it ?
« on: January 05, 2014, 11:27:29 PM »
Yesterday I couldn't hear what Rossy actually said to the Newsh but I got the impression he was giving him the opportunity to take the penalty. Newsh obviously didn't want to take it because he turned down the offers. Perhaps Newsh was concerned that if he missed again support for him could wain or maybe he was frightened another miss so close to his last one would be bad for his own confidence. I personally think the Telford miss played on his mind and he didn't want to risk missing again. Rossy took it well and I still have confidence in Newsh scoring from the spot. I know Telfords miss was crucial but hey, nobodys perfect, he'll be back to scoring penalties for us.
In answer to my own question, I think he made the right decision for himself, if he had taken it and missed it his confidence would have been damaged. Excellent the way Rossy offered him the chance though.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
Re: Should Newy have taken it ?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 11:34:16 PM »
No.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 11:58:45 PM »
think back to stuart pearce and england. he could have bottled another big penalty...but didn't.  if it was nerves ( which i don't think it was, i more think he wanted to get three goals from open play) then banging in a penalty would erase those fears just like that if that was the case.   would have been nice to see him get the hat trick though so i say yes he should have took it. but at the end of the day, who cares.  we bagged the points and that's all that matters !

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 06:51:51 AM »
Should have taken it. Game was won.

DL

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 07:22:12 AM »
Should have he taken it?

No

Boo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 07:45:26 AM »

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 10:26:05 AM »
Penalties only become an issue when missed...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2014, 06:05:08 PM »
Newsh has never looked the most natural penalty taker to me.  He's scored some good ones, but has also missed a few (Bradford and Telford away, both in injury time, cost us points), and other times keepers get a hand to his penalties but they squeeze in.
Ross is our dead ball expert and I'm happy to see him take them, but not sure we've got anyone you'd bank on to take a penalty for your life!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2014, 11:50:59 PM »
Couldn't put his penalty tonight any further in the corner...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/