Author Topic: Today's Echo, June 9th  (Read 9400 times)

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Today's Echo, June 9th
« on: June 09, 2009, 02:44:27 PM »
Scott defends actions after Boston clearout
07:00 - 09 June 2009

Boston United joint manager Rob Scott.Boston United joint-manager Rob Scott has defended himself and fellow boss Paul Hurst following the mass clear-out of last season's squad at York Street.

The new management duo have decided to keep only Aaron Butcher, Adam Millson and Liam Parker on the Pilgrims' books.

However, following the release of the majority of the squad that narrowly avoided relegation from the UniBond League Premier Division last season, a number of players were said to be unhappy that they had not been contacted by either of the former Rotherham United defenders, writes Chris Brammer.

However, Scott, who said the club were looking to bring in two more players this week following the arrival of Mark Camm, denied this was the case.

"As far as we're concerned, we contacted 99 per cent of last season's squad" said Scott.

"Whether they called us back was entirely up to them, we were not going to chase them.

"We left messages with players we were not able to contact, on the numbers we had been given and we tried everyone.

"We did not know anyone from last season and we did not owe the players a phone call, but I have been a player and I know how players like to be treated" added Scott, who confirmed that the club would continue to train at RAF Cranwell next season.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Today's Echo, June 9th
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 03:40:33 PM »
Well done to the new managers!Its a shame they wasted a phone call on them :)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 03:54:12 PM »
Sounds right, seeing the atitude of the players last season i think it would be too demanding for them to pick a phone up.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 05:02:55 PM »
If that is true it would appear that bostonshire was right and our two managers agree that it was correct for them to contact the old players to tell them they were not required.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 05:05:31 PM »
Yes but they wouldn't be able to hear the phone ringing with their heads up their own a*ses. ;D

Stumpy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 05:13:35 PM »
But Hurst and Scott should have known they were dealing with players who were playing beneath themselves as a favour to Boston United.

Heaven forbid, did they expect such super stars to lift an heavy phone receiver themselves or risk repetitive strain by pressing them heavy buttons on their mobiles.

NO, the new managers should have followed up their original phone call by letter (Special Delivery), fax, text and email and failing that special courier.

After all, they did save the club from the footballing wilderness on the last day of last season against the mighty Cammell Laird.

Rich 77

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 07:35:51 AM »
Hmmmm, maybe it's crap reception in Gainsborough?????

bb1

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 11:45:54 AM »
When i started the thread on (our new managers) I firmly believed we have professionals.I believe it more than ever now.I wrote on my last post i quote (how do we know that S/H didn't contact the players).Think we have some interesting times to come as i believe they are their own men.

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 12:49:29 PM »
Time is always the best judge.

Let them do their job then the judgements can be made ..... of course how much time will the fans give them?  ::)

Dutch Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 03:34:02 PM »
they should do wat heggs did 2 get sheldon go round there houses

semion

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2009, 03:37:37 PM »
Your new Managers should be like Steve Evans, and get players who really want to play for him, so he could make them better players  ;D

semion

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2009, 03:38:58 PM »
Talking of Managers what happened to "Yours Cusack"   Was he well respected at Boston ?

PompeyPilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2009, 06:42:20 PM »
I'm glad to see they have backbones and have rightly defended their decision.  Hope to see more players added to the books in the coming weeks that are hard working.  Up the Pilgrims!