Author Topic: Jake Hall  (Read 7548 times)

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Jake Hall
« on: January 03, 2014, 10:51:13 AM »
Big blow losing jake but was always going to be a short term signing with the distance he travelled. Leaves us short on numbers now

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Jake Hall
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 10:59:21 AM »
Big loss in my opinion, but you can understand the reasons..... still the hunt is on for a quality replacement and im sure Milnes can step in and do a job.
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 11:01:06 AM »
His energy and commitment brings alot to the team. Hopefully can find a decent replacement. Good luck to jake did very well for the club.

Pilgrims007

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 12:13:46 PM »
Good luck hall . His first game for us was his best never really produced much after that but at least he worked hard and run about unlike Ross. Milnes should start and garner should be made permanent captain.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 12:25:46 PM »
Though we all applauded Halls committment, many questioned the miles he made just to turn up for home games, so absolutely understand his decision and thank him for his undeniable efforts whilst here.
Do agree with the comments made about the energy he brought to the midfield, energy that is unquestionably missing when some of the others mentioned are in the line up. IF DG plays Newsh and Miller together, and IF he continues with three at the back, and IF DG keeps Steer on the left and hopefully (all fingers crossed that he stays, Marrs on the right) it even more now highlights where our achilles heel is. Energy, creativity and total commitment, commodities that are hard to find in our price range. Good luck to DG in his quest to do so, hopefully sooner rather than later

Nundy Junior

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 12:34:51 PM »
liked watching hall playe brought something to the team in the middle of the park that was missing pace and the flair to get after the ball and travel with it

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 12:55:18 PM »
Don't understand the negative comments made about Ross.
He is the only player who is consistent at passing the ball - and I agree he is not the best when it comes to tackling an opposition player but ball control and passing he is the best.    Milnes on the other hand - rarely holds the ball before passing it and invariably it goes to the opposition.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 01:03:01 PM »
Ross has been great this season. Lost count of the amount of assists he has, must be as many as the rest of the midfield put together.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2014, 02:43:11 PM »
Don't understand the negative comments made about Ross.
He is the only player who is consistent at passing the ball - and I agree he is not the best when it comes to tackling an opposition player but ball control and passing he is the best.    Milnes on the other hand - rarely holds the ball before passing it and invariably it goes to the opposition.

Football is all about opinions, and I'm not for one for ever picking on any of our players but as you asked, and this is just mine, my gripes with our skipper this season is, and allowing for the fact that he does most certainly take great corners and floated free kicks, he simply doesn't look fit enough, rule number 1 for a midfielder,rarely keeps the ball moving preferring instead to stop the ball (I agree he has a good first touch btw) before then invariably looking for 40 yard 'Beckhameque' killer style pass which rarely comes off and worse which gives  valuable posession away, most of the time he tackles like Sansara and worse instead of non stop encouragement appears to non stop moan. A fit Ross would grace any team but he simply doesn't look fit. I apologise I offend anyone with my opinions especially our skipper, but thats all they are

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2014, 03:03:50 PM »
Ross is a classy ball player we just really do need him to be a lot fitter and sharper to allow him to compete and offer us a bit more in midfield. He is a far too often out of the game we just need a little bit more from the skipper and let's hope he delivers tomorrow.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2014, 03:10:58 PM »
See that Reed has now been removed from OS site

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2014, 03:13:10 PM »
All the (slightly negative!) points taken, however Ross is about the only player who is able to hold the ball before passing it - and it usually reaches his target - whereas other players seem to want to get rid of the ball as soon as it is at their feet and it is generally an opposition player who gets to the ball first.

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2014, 06:28:40 PM »
Personally and I only saw him play twice I thought Hall was a quality player,will be missed.  In the first half against Histon the only midfielder carrying a threat was Milnes, hit cross bar and agin at Telford came close a couple of times. Second half in both matches he looked to be flagging so perhap fitness is an issue across the squad. 

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2014, 06:43:48 PM »
3 signings next week, apparently.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

jonathanBUFC

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2014, 06:46:50 PM »
This is a bit loss! I thought Hall was one of our best players. He was great at chasing down the ball and then starting the attack again, and that's what I thought we was missing at the start of the season. Fair play he's found a club closer to home at the same level as Boston. All the best to Hall in the future as he joines Anthony Church at Bishops Stortford! That will be a class midfield!