Author Topic: HISTON GAME  (Read 18390 times)

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
HISTON GAME
« on: December 31, 2013, 07:45:56 AM »
LETS hope the HISTON kids have had lots of fizzy pop over the festive season.
only a convincing win from us will do    lets  get the fans buzzing again.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: HISTON GAME
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 10:15:31 AM »
i'd settle for a desperate 1-0 win

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 10:17:21 AM »
Couldn't agree more.
A win at Histon, might persuade those extra fans from Boxing Day to return for Saturday's home match and perhaps kick start the season with 3 successive wins (Miller and Weir Daley might be fit again) -  (Histon - away, Vauxhall Motors and Workington at home).

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 03:22:16 PM »
Any news on Miller's fitness?

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 04:05:17 PM »
Let's hope ricky is fit for tomorrow we have missed him massively.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 07:03:00 PM »
Yes, his closing down forces defenders to do things they don't want to do, it sets up more chances for us. I can live with his sub-par goal tally if his work sets up goals for others

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 10:24:06 PM »
According to twitter he is 98% fit which is was a 4% improvement on the previous day so he could be on the bench.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2014, 08:19:12 AM »
I agree, we need him back badly and ideally in a front two with Newsh. I know he does so well up front on his own, but playing with his back to goal, and was exactly the case with Newsh last week is hardly the best way to utilise their strengths is it, especially when we just hoof it up to them in the air, Histon  have two whopping centre halves so I would also keep the midifeld the same as Saturday, they at least keep the passes shorter...and lower, and if we can get the ball to those front two get it to their feet they could prove as good a pairing as any in the league.Problem is, will DG revert back to 4-5-1 as Marrs looks a doubtful starter and is Steer suspended or will that be next week?

By the way, any chance of the game being off, a lot of rain has fallen and apparently loads more coming this afternoon

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2014, 09:58:18 AM »
Peter Grant, one of their defenders from Boxing Day, has just been recalled by his parent club (Posh) so will not be playing for them today.

DL

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2014, 10:18:09 AM »
Just rung Histon regarding state of pitch. The secretary said it was okay at the moment ( 10.15 ) but rain is forecast however the ref will be there by 1300hrs (not much good for us) but the signs look good. See you all there.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2014, 10:43:20 AM »
BBC Cambs Sport ‏@BBCCambsSport  23m 
Histon are confident their match vs Boston in the Conference North will go ahead should there be no further heavy rain prior to kick-off.

Twitter

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2014, 11:00:53 AM »
Just rung Histon regarding state of pitch. The secretary said it was okay at the moment ( 10.15 ) but rain is forecast however the ref will be there by 1300hrs (not much good for us) but the signs look good. See you all there.

The weather has just bugered up my plan to come along, don't really want a trip to the Dartford crosing and back for no reason...fingers crossed for thi afternoon.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2014, 11:01:56 AM »
Should we want a replacement wing-back in a 3-5-2, then surely Connor is an option, as is Indy?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2014, 11:07:32 AM »

The rain is expected to start hammering it down, early afternoon, putting me in doubt this is. How long will it take to get there from Boston?

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2014, 11:09:00 AM »
Allow about 90 minutes for travelling from Boston.

DL