Author Topic: v Histon  (Read 5632 times)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
v Histon
« on: December 26, 2013, 10:06:37 AM »
I think this is a 'must-win' game today. Lose and we could potentially be nine points off the top and in eighth place in the table.

Histon don't travel too well. They have only won once on the road this season and have only scored six goals in nine matches.

The pre-match build up has started with a full English breakfast and a slice of yule log. If we win, I may make the trip to Telford on Saturday.

DL

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: v Histon
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 12:13:10 PM »
F'lenglish for me too  :xmasdeer
Lovely day for a game of footie and a coupla beers, and 3 points ! :xmashat

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 09:57:22 PM »
Not very good. Boston started ok but Histon grew in confidence as the game progressed and even looked like they could have won it in the second half. I don't think they are a very good side though - mid table at best.

I know we were missing Miller and SWD today but we just seemed to be lacking some creativity - a spark. Maybe we need a loan signing - someone with a bit of flair. Just think we are losing our way a little bit and confidence is a little low.

Positive is a clean sheet but these are the sort of games we need to be winning.

DL

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 10:05:33 PM »
Negatives:
I think we missed Miller today, we needed an outlet and we didn't have one.
We did not play enough football but if the ref had allowed the 'goal' in first half I think we would have been home and dry! Lack of options on the bench, for me Sanders is not conf north level standard, we needed him to get hold of the ball and use it well and it never happened for him, his lack of experience showed when he had the chance at the end.

Positives:
I thought Milnes did well today he looked well up for it and played some nice stuff.
The crowd was a good one, it's just a shame that it was a poor game and we will do well to entice some of those extras back. Most of the other top teams also only drew although now it means we really need to get something from Telford.
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

Seenbetter

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 10:32:40 AM »
That was no where near a play off teams performance and I think we can forget about that if that's the best we can do. If all we have left on the bench to rely on is Sanders we are in a right pickle. He is clearly not good enough and should go. To put him on ahead of Jake Hall was an insult to Jake.
Now for the ref; Histon were time wasting from the kick off an kept it going for the whole game. What did the idiot in charge do, nothing. There were many times our players were about to go past an Histon player only to be brought down to prevent progress. No free kicks or bookings given BUT when Steer did exactly the same thing he received a booking and Histon got a free kick.
Did the ref see the incident he sent Steer off for ? The linesman flagged for the foul but the ref never discussed the incident with him. If he did not see the foul he should have spoke to the lino.
Agree with BP on this one, a good crowd but will they return after that performance, I doubt it.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 11:12:12 AM »
I agree,and for so many reasons we certainly missed Miller, but even if he was playing its doubtful how much more he would or could have done considering the appaling distribution, both from the back (Garner especially) who recently just lumps the ball at will, and more so the midfield who collectively yesterday were dire. Newsh as is the case so often with Miller was feeding off the most meagre of scraps. We all know Ross can deliver superb dead balls but over the last few weeks his contribution to the games (apart from his moaning) has not been fit for purpose and as for Sensara, has the lad not heard of the words 'effort, bottle and determination'! Dear of dear.
When is DG going to change these one up front tactics which are killing us. For gods sake, put Stef in, go three at the back, let Marrs and Steer loose down either wing, who will surely rip defences to pieces, and then put some energy back (and if he can find someone a bit of creativity)into the middle, bring back Hall and Indy, and let Newsh and Miller, when he gets fit, play together. Against a very poor team,and as we are doing more and more frequently, dropping yet another two points is not acceptable if we want to be considered as serious play off challengers.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2013, 11:16:56 AM »
There was a lack of creativity which was worrying as that was young and not very powerful Histon side. If ever a team would be set up to allow us to play a more passing game, they were one of them but for most parts it was frustrating.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2013, 11:21:23 AM »
ANOTHER poor side comes to York street and at the end of the match we were no better.
we need to freshen things up and quick, apart from maybe HALL our bench looked weak me thinks.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2013, 02:52:03 PM »
Couldn't of put it better myself B.Grimes.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2013, 03:51:07 PM »
Agree with BG comments ,  Sansara not a good enough defender to play at back no ball control if pushed forward and no bottle .    If Miller nor SWD are fit Saturday worth a punt starting with Garner up front and Galinski central defence .    Maybe easier said than done but best solution to mid-field move Timms ,Mills , Sansara on and replace with a top class mid-fielder .
Good to have a reliable keeper in King .

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2013, 06:43:35 AM »
"another poor side comes to YS and we're no better...."

Someone needs to look at our home record this season

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2013, 07:21:14 AM »
I agree our record as been fine against the other poor side's

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2013, 08:29:10 AM »
Agree with BG comments ,  Sansara not a good enough defender to play at back no ball control if pushed forward and no bottle .    If Miller nor SWD are fit Saturday worth a punt starting with Garner up front and Galinski central defence .    Maybe easier said than done but best solution to mid-field move Timms ,Mills , Sansara on and replace with a top class mid-fielder .
Good to have a reliable keeper in King .

Can't agree with that GHM, playing a centre half up front to me never ever works, not only does it stink of desperation, it would just invite even more long hoofs forward then we are already doing and I dont know about you, but I've had enough of that. If Miller is not fit, then why not try;

Galinski, Pidge, Garner,
Marrs on the right, Steer on the left, Indy Holding, Hall and either Marshall or Milnes in the middle,
Fairclough(or if hes fit SWD) and Newsh up front

Your last point I totally agree with tho, but who will take them, if nobody wants them and I think all three are on contract, we are going to be stuck with the squad we have and DG wont be able to sign anyone!
Suggesting it will prove a lot easier to to change this stupid one up front business which simply isn't working than it will be to change personel

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2013, 08:51:28 AM »
THE whole team as to get that smile back on there face's,  maybe we should be getting BORE MILLS REED back in the mix.
 the way were playing suggest's there's maybe room for them. ;)

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2013, 09:01:42 AM »
Agree with you BG re Indy  8)
Histon were there for the taking second half and it was crying out for a player like Indy. Jake did well when he came on but we still didn't have enough to make the break through.
Saying that, I would still start without Indy against  Telford, but bring him on second half if needed  :xmasdeer