Author Topic: Big game for Reserves v Lincoln Utd Res tomorrow 2.00pm  (Read 2038 times)

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United - best ground in Step 7 football!
    • View Profile
Big game for Reserves v Lincoln Utd Res tomorrow 2.00pm
« on: December 20, 2013, 07:08:40 PM »
Billed as a "Top of the Table" clash - although the Lincs League Committee have still to revise the table following at least one withdrawal over the last fortnight which will affect current standings. Nevertheless, the current top two teams face each other at The Jakemans tomorrow at 2.00pm. Only £2 entrances fee. Guaranteed a good battle controlled by a dodgy referee! Should be fun! The more the merrier!
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Big game for Reserves v Lincoln Utd Res tomorrow 2.00pm
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 11:44:55 AM »
Looks like the Lincolnshire League have now revised the League Table. The Reserves have had their 11-3 win v "Grantham" Athletic wiped and we have now been put in second place albeit with 4 games in hand. That awful Gainsborough Town occupy top spot with Lincoln United Reserves in 3rd.
Egg on face for Lincs League Committee - what were they thinking of letting "Grantham" aka Waltham-on-the-Wolds FC, Leicestershire join the league in the first place without checking them out to see whether they were up to League standard or able to fulfil their fixtures? They didn't even come under Lincolnshire FA jurisdiction so should have been excluded anyway! A mess up all round.  :bunny
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 03:32:33 PM »
Cardiff and Swansea don't come under the FA's jurisdiction (they are governed by the Welsh FA), so they shouldn't have been excluded. You should also note from BUFC's history, we played in the West Midlands League.

It's not like Waltham on the Wolds is the other side of the country.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 05:10:34 PM »
I am talking about governance by COUNTY Football Associations for Non-League Steps 7 or below rather than National governance for step 5 Non-League and above! Never mind - All history now! I stand by my view though that Waltham-on-the-Wolds FC should never morally or technically should have been admitted to the Lincolnshire COUNTY League in the first place!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 05:41:54 PM »
Where does morality come into it? Have they been thrown out of the Leicestershire League or something?

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2013, 06:00:04 PM »
Not that I'm aware of? But, where possible and certainly ideally, they should play in a League within the confines of Leicestershire. We obviously have a difference of opinion - which is good. END OF.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 06:04:22 PM by Burgh Boy »