Author Topic: New Stadium: Wyberton Village Hall meeting last night  (Read 13964 times)

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
Re: New Stadium: Wyberton Village Hall meeting last night
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2013, 04:49:30 PM »
SP makes a series of good points, rather you like him as a person or not.

The reality of BUFC is that we do not have a benefactor willing to stump up the cash for a new stadium and support the team.

Thus we have had a series of 'property' developers dabbling in the club's affairs to see if they can make some money out of a BUFC stadium. When in the League we attracted all sorts, mainly due to the availability of grants and other sources of finance, less so now.

The current Chairman's interest is being questioned by SP as being one of benefit for BUFC or himself or is it a win/win - that's how I see it.

Options include:

1. A die hard fan who genuinely did not want to see the club go to wall - stepped in with his own money to salvage the club and is now looking at ways to help the club, without costing himself too much cash.

2. The canny businessman, who rode into town at the last minute to maximum fanfare, always knowing that there was some money to be made out of the stadium build, especially when it could be packaged up as a sports/retail/housing project on land he already owned (bought on a punt that one day planning permission might be given, if the right project presented itself). A football club move polarises opinion for sure, but I doubt the BBC want to be seen as the body who refused planning permission and therefore kill the club. Hence the attraction of getting a football club as part of the development

3. Or a bit of both…..

Now compared to the criminals that went before, the present owners of the club can be viewed as a godsend on several fronts: they knew where York Street before they took over; they care about football; they can write a business plan; and they don't have offensive family members!

If we finish up with a decent ground and club playing in a decent lge I hope the Chairman makes shed loads of money out of it. He came in when all others fled and saved the club with his money,paid the taxman and the cva so he deserves all he gets. Scouse,Rooster,Pier Noël had the chance to put his money where his mouth is but like the rest of us didn't have the nouse or the cash. I would take more notice of people's comments if they had the b***s to actually attend meetings and put there conspiracy theories to the Board and get their answers first hand.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2013, 05:46:47 PM »
it seems its most of our senior supporters that will be disappointed with the move, so I think half the new homes should be ground floor first floor flats to acommadate them (one problem solved lol)

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2013, 06:25:35 AM »
But they did sponsor the club run by criminals and they have a large creditor on their balance sheet.....Sotnick's pay back?

Such information is in the public domain, so no need to attend meetings I assume?!
Will be interesting to see when everything is done and dusted whether the alleged £1million on the balance is actually paid to the said parties.

One of the big differences between the previous bunch and the Chestnuts is that as a local company with a reputation to protect, they have to get it right
for the club or suffer a potential backlash.

Ultimately if it is a win/win situation the vast majority of people will be happy.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2013, 03:33:59 PM »
Isn't the £1m owed to Lavaflow? And Chestnut Homes own Lavaflow...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2013, 04:22:06 PM »
Isn't the £1m owed to Lavaflow? And Chestnut Homes own Lavaflow...

That is correct.

Companies show they took over Lava flow on the 26th sept 2007

Only Kempster and Newton are Directors so no hidden name in that area, So they owe them selfs money.

Also pleasing to see that the chestnuts seem very on top of things, With all accounts filed and up to date

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2013, 11:06:19 PM »
But they did sponsor the club run by criminals and they have a large creditor on their balance sheet.....Sotnick's pay back?

Didn't oldrids also sponsor the club during this period? Mr. Pot, please meet Mr. Kettle

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2013, 10:48:05 AM »

Didn't oldrids also sponsor the club during this period? Mr. Pot, please meet Mr. Kettle

Indeed they did , they aslo hosted a mini store for the regime at the time.

All brewing into a commercial turf war in the Blue Corner Newton and Kempster in the Red Malkinson and his mates the Issacs

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2013, 08:50:22 AM »

They did because I lobbied the MD. As soon as we discovered the criminals were not paying the shirt manufacturer for its stock, the sponsorship was pulled.   Do keep up old chap!   :santa
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.