Author Topic: WILL WE FAIL TO WIN AGAIN AT HOME ON SATURDAY ?  (Read 12831 times)

dubai camel

• View Profile
Re: WILL WE FAIL TO WIN AGAIN AT HOME ON SATURDAY ?
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2009, 10:49:58 AM »
Despite our overheads, many chairman would happily swap places.

And as ever we do not know the full extent of the finances at BUFC.

Yes the Malkinson's are milking us for the rent, yes we have more full time staff than most and yes we charge higher prices than most and yes we have larger gates than most .... but how does that particular equation pan out?

Seenbetter

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2009, 11:39:58 AM »
It's interesting that when Fat Scotty was screwing the club we didn't know about the finances and never thought about questioning the management about money. We still don't actually know much about the fine detail of the clubs finances but we do trust N and K. I think that trust is far more important than knowing the fine detail but it is inevitable and understandable when people are curious about how clubs with a very small fan base seem to be doing better than us. I know we have overheads which are probably higher than anyone elses in this league but our fan base is also bigger than most.
I wont criticise anyone for being curious, I'm curious, but it's not for us to run the club and be privy to the 'fine detail'. We just have to keep trusting and supporting.

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2009, 12:24:41 PM »
I too trust the current owners, but there is an element of no 'taxation without representation'. And the club has a fair portion of my hard earned cash to back up my trust.

It may not be for us fans to be privy to the finances of the club, but when the club asks for financial support I think it is prudent that the club is a little more transparent with some the details in terms of level of debt, amount needed to be raised etc. People are much more likely to financially support the club if they had some knowledge of the financial situation rather than vague platitudes about reducing debt etc.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2009, 04:31:18 PM »
No dept, just gonna run at a loss this season, what else you wana know

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2009, 09:30:05 AM »
If there is no debt, then why is there still a 'support the pilgrims campaign'. It was initially set-up to pay off the debts as I understand it. What is it for now? To go into the general coffers of the club? To put money away for a rainy day - when the club needs a new ground?

What is the crowd break even point?

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2009, 09:49:36 AM »
exorbitant rent may well be the problem.

BU on the up

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2009, 11:58:12 AM »
Regardless of the money situation - our club has the budget to attract the players to gain promotion from this league. Just need to find the players good enough to help us get promoted.

This week we will win our first home game!! The reason why this is because being BOSTON the average sides in this league come to our place and are happy with a draw, they sit behind the ball, spoil our play and when they're in possession they lump it up top and don't play football. This side on Saturday however will be coming to our place for a win and will look to play football. Early signs this season suggest we can go toe to toe with anyone in this division when it comes to passing it around. I'm saying a 1-0 or 2-0 win - Sleath to score

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2009, 12:47:16 PM »
Regardless of the money situation - our club has the budget to attract the players to gain promotion from this league   ??????????

I, like 99% on here dont know the exact figures BUT  I am aware the rent is a millstone and will need to be resolved.

For example
If your weekly income is £4000 and your rent is £3000, it doesnt leave much to pay 15+ players, policing, insurance, and other "incidentals". This why sponsorship, fund raising, Sports bar are so important.
We cannot expect chairmen to throw £££ at it year after year.

( just off now to google "oligark")

BU on the up

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2009, 01:51:29 PM »
Regardless of the money situation - our club has the budget to attract the players to gain promotion from this league   ?

As in - our wage budget now is big enough for us to have a squad that is good enough for us to get promoted.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2009, 02:08:42 PM »
Can somebody explain the maths, I've got to go out :)

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2009, 09:15:17 PM »
This week we will win our first home game!! The reason why this is because being BOSTON the average sides in this league come to our place and are happy with a draw, they sit behind the ball, spoil our play and when they're in possession they lump it up top and don't play football. This side on Saturday however will be coming to our place for a win and will look to play football. Early signs this season suggest we can go toe to toe with anyone in this division when it comes to passing it around. I'm saying a 1-0 or 2-0 win - Sleath to score

:-X Someone gagg this man, he talks way too much sense to be hanging around on here  :-\
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

BU on the up

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2009, 10:35:09 AM »
Watch us get rolled over 3-0 Saturday now I've said that

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2009, 11:16:06 AM »
The omens are good. The referee is Ian Dudley. He has previously refereed us against Prescot (5-0 win), Ossett (3-2 win), Gainsborough (3-1 win) and Workington (2-0 win)...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Terry dactyl

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2009, 11:39:31 AM »
The omens are good. The referee is Ian Dudley. He has previously refereed us against Prescot (5-0 win), Ossett (3-2 win), Gainsborough (3-1 win) and Workington (2-0 win)...

The chant "weve got another s**t ref, will be heard after 10 minutes rather than 5 then !? ;D

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2009, 05:03:31 PM »

The chant "weve got another s**t ref, will be heard after 10 minutes rather than 5 then !? ;D
i hate chants like that espeically so early in the game when its like 0-0  it obviously pisses the refs off and they are human( i think)  so they could take it out on boston in there decisions