Author Topic: FA Trophy vs Tamworth  (Read 8825 times)

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: FA Trophy vs Tamworth
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2013, 08:11:57 AM »
The most direct side I have seen for years, and I thought in combating them, the back five were superb especially in the first half, but we just didn't play the conditions well at all did we, and in turn resorted to similar high ball tactics ourselves in the second 45. The service the front two recieved was totally non existent. When will the midfield learn that whilst putting in effort is all well and good, part of their job is to create not just clear lines and the worse culprit being the skipper who not only constantly gave the ball away but moaned at everyone when doing so, and when not for the first time he noticeably tired, holes through the middle appeared everwhere and Tamworth took full advantage.

Really disappointing, but they shouldn't be too disheartened as it's obviously not the priority and everyone now has to get behind the lads in their quest to get and stay in the the play off places. Thats all that matters

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2013, 08:15:23 AM »
Great support by the way, but what a rip off the place was, I hope we dnt have to go back there next year.
The programme was not even fit for purpose and charging £6 for a bacon burger and £2 for a sausage just to go with a portion of chips is simply scandalous! >:(

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2013, 08:59:58 AM »
Did they officially give it out as 200?, i always worry about those figures that are perfectly rounded, especially in a cup game where we get half the takings.

Great support non the less.

On the game, they were just stronger, that was all they offered.  First time since NFU that we've been out muscled and out clogged.  Very poor side, but a Steer positional error and then not have the strength to even push the guy to the floor once he caught him up cost us.

Not too down beat as if thats the division above team twice then we're easily good enough to match then, just need a few beefcakes in the side to out muscle in and around set plays.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

soccermad67

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2013, 10:18:55 AM »
Great Pics Ken ,    but I was shocked at Picture No 48 was that really the Tamworth club house

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2013, 11:24:20 AM »
Yes, good pictures Ken. But where were all the fans Tamworth played in front of on telly last week?  ;D

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2013, 11:57:20 AM »
Was Steer ok? Noticed in the first few minutes he was waiting  on the half way line ! It was Tamworths throw at BUFC corner flag! Looked like his head was confused throughout the game...not his normal self!

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2013, 12:53:38 PM »
Not his best game- definitely

Seenbetter

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2013, 05:35:26 PM »
Club House ?  Seen a bigger sh*t house, and No I am not talking about Evans.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2013, 06:47:30 PM »
A few snaps for those without Facebook.

Stefan Galinski

Carl Piergianni

Conor Marshall

Ian Ross

Sam Vince in the thick of it

Liam Marrs

Jake Hall

Tamworth Club House

Ricky Miller

Rene Steer

Ricky Miller

The bench / trench

Marc Newsham

Half time kickabout

Scott Garner

Conor Marshall and Sam Vince

Spencer Weir-Daley

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2013, 03:23:30 PM »
southport put a team out no better than an average team in our leage and paid the price.
to be fair to tamworth they put a team out to say if you want to play in our leage this is what your up against.
back to winning ways sat  then.

swineshead pilgrim!

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2013, 05:28:18 PM »
Right i am going to have a moan because quite frankly i thought we were awful saturday, we looked tired and out of ideas, first half, when we played the ball into millers feet we looked dangerous, second half i dont think our strikers had more than 5 touches.

I think the amount of games is taking its toll on players as well, some are starting to look tired to me such as marshall and newsham, why not play indy for a game or two to rest marshall. My other point is that i really do think we need that other option upfront, a big guy who can batter centre halves about because we do not have the option of the bench like we need on saturday and the week before against guisely.

Well lets concentrate on the league now then!