Author Topic: Out of interest, what happened to the pomised new players?  (Read 4520 times)

LPRA

• View Profile
Out of interest, what happened to the pomised new players?
« on: October 09, 2009, 08:26:03 AM »
And haven't noticed any heads rolling yet either....

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Out of interest, what happened to the pomised new players?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 10:06:48 AM »
they didnt specifically say they were going to bring new players in, they could have been using it to try to motivate the players a it more

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 12:57:56 PM »
As I said in another thread, coming out with such statements is hardly motivating but saying it and then not following through on it, is Evansesque.  ::)

Seenbetter

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 01:26:30 PM »
It appears, according to The Standard, that things were said to get a reaction from the players, and evidence of that reaction was a win the other night. I like the idea of the team bonding session in a pub after last Saturdays cancelled game at Durham. Perhaps there should be a supporters bonding session in the bar before every game. The only problem there is bothering to leave the bar to watch the game

Shodfried

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2009, 07:49:55 PM »
Problem is there's so many full time employees at a part time club in a part time league there's no money left to bring in players. :o

How many clubs below the Conference have as many paid employees as Boston Utd? ???

At this level the full time staffing of the club is nothing short of ridiculous, other clubs get by with part timers and volunteers, why can't we?  ???

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2009, 08:00:00 PM »
 Sounds like the problem is shortage of volunteers . Iam sure Chestnuts would be glad to have volunteers rather than full-time paid staff.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2009, 08:22:44 PM »
Perhaps there should be a supporters bonding session in the bar before every game. The only problem there is bothering to leave the bar to watch the game

I thought there was a bonding session before each game, it used to be the bonding between my shoes and the floor, now however it is more difficult to pull myself away from the plush surroundings
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Seenbetter

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2009, 08:31:05 AM »
Think your onto something there LCB. If they could broadcast the game, both home and away, onto a screen in the bar then we could at least suffer in comfort and maybe make more money for the club.