Author Topic: opposition to the quadrant  (Read 10641 times)

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
opposition to the quadrant
« on: December 03, 2013, 03:54:34 PM »
It seems Wyberton parish council seriously oppose the proposed development of the quadrant for several reasons and they seem to think they will defeat the developers and stop this going ahead. This really is worrying for the future of our club. What are people's opinions on this and do we realistically think the chestnuts will get planning permission??

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: opposition to the quadrant
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 04:32:24 PM »
If the borough council really want it. and there is no legal reason the planning department find I don't think the parish will be able to do alot about it

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 04:43:04 PM »
Let's hope the council really want it to happen then? I'm sure the chestnuts have done there homework on the legal side of things.

Seenbetter

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 04:51:07 PM »
Since when has a borough council or a county council ever taken notice of a parish council. Incidentally who is chairman of the parish council ?
They are supposed to sound optimistic about winning otherwise there is no point in objecting. Nothing against Wyberton parish council, my remarks could be addressed to all parish councils.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 04:52:18 PM »
Have the Parish Council done a opinion survey on what the folks in Wyberton feel about it!  I would very much doubt it.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 05:02:59 PM »
WYBERTON is a sports minded community they will see it can only be good for them  :)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 05:03:26 PM »
What are the reasons for their opposition, out of interest?

yam man

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 05:44:24 PM »
Nimbyism.

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 06:01:34 PM »
I live in wybo and most people I speak to obviously have reservations but nobody has strongly objected to it.
what do the people of Wyberton and boston want? The area and town are stagnant and not moving with the times, this development is a big step towards the area becoming more vibrant and creating much needed jobs.
The main concern with most people were the pressure on education and health with the boost in population, especially when they are already very stretched.
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2013, 07:05:20 PM »
Apparently they believe it will have a negative impact on near by residents also concerns over traffic jams and cars using B roads to avoid traffic,concerns over schools and doctors etc also concerns lack of parking will lead to people parking on side roads on match days. I know the chestnuts are having surveys done to see what impact will have on health and education so I'm sure they will have that in hand. Just hope we get the go ahead so we secure the club's future.

Seenbetter

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2013, 07:35:19 PM »
Saundergate Lane in the area of the primary school has to be one of the worst places in the Boston area to be at school arriving and leaving times. If the Parish council have never bothered to try and resolve that issue how can they justify sticking their oar in unless someone has a personal issue who is on the council.

truthsayer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2013, 07:09:14 AM »
For what it's worth I don't want to see the pilgrims leave York Street.
I don't want the area to be re-developed with nasty multi story/starter homes that are going to ruin the area and drag the house prices down.
Sadly it's inevitable as even if the new ground doesn't get built they will still be out in 4 years anyway and then the crap housing will come.
Daz

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2013, 02:47:58 PM »
My wife and I have just visited the consultation in the Pilgrim Lounge re The Quadrant. The exhibition of all the plans so far are as comprehensive as they can possibly be at this early stage with David and Neil more than happy to answer any questions and happy to take on board any suggestions and ideas. Of course I am enthusiastic because I want to see the new stadium in place but it was interesting to here my wife's thoughts of the whole project. To put it in a nutshell she says "Boston cannot afford to miss this opportunity to lift the Profile of the town and begin to bring it into the twentieth century". Well said my dear.

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2013, 02:58:46 PM »
I fail to see how a football ground serving a small minority of the population can lift the profile of the Town. And aren't we in the 21st century?  ::)

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2013, 03:09:54 PM »
How about the new jobs this development creates and also the 11,000 people each month that the club involves in the community programme? This town needs bringing into the 21st century and this is what we need.