Author Topic: Boston v Southport  (Read 10877 times)

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Boston v Southport
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2013, 05:06:51 PM »
Is the next round regionalised if not Havant and Waterlooville would be a nice easy one to get to  ;D

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2013, 05:18:18 PM »
Terrific!

Lincoln at home in the next round please

Leave that one for the final

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2013, 05:30:46 PM »
Fantastic result!

Lincoln at home, would be good next - a near full house at York Street to get some money in.

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2013, 05:58:23 PM »
fantastic result ...wonder if Scouse Pilgrim will make comment on that?

Why did you have to mention his initials for?
Great win today, sounded like a good job done, I would love Lincoln at home next round or anyone at home for that matter otherwise we will not have a home game until Boxing day and that is far too long with no income!
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2013, 06:01:23 PM »
Great result....Well done players and the management team.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2013, 06:06:42 PM »
Great win today, sounded like a good job done, I would love Lincoln at home next round or anyone at home for that matter otherwise we will not have a home game until Boxing day and that is far too long with no income!

I was thinking that, but there should be some income as I think gate receipts are shared by both teams in FA Trophy games and today's win will have brought in £5000 in prize money as well. Pretty disappointing gate at Southport though. Easily their worst gate of the season. I thought I was being a bit pessimistic with my prediction of 725, so a gate of just 496 of which 90 were from Boston is rather poor.

nikko

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2013, 06:32:48 PM »
awesome result......this side has some steel...

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2013, 07:00:08 PM »
Brilliant result for the lads. Shows what a decent side DG has put together. Shown great character again to come from behind. A nice home draw is what we need next.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2013, 07:30:08 PM »
Not well enough to travel but what a great tonic. I thought the managers comment that David had gone into the dressing room after the final whistle and promised them all a fifty quid bonus was very witty especially when he went on to say that it had doubled the wages for some of them.
What a season this could turn out to be for BUFC with the unveiling of the proposed new stadium. The best Board in the league. A first class manager who has put together a squad willing to give everything for the club and its supporters. After all we have had to put up with could this be a possible promotion year or indeed a return to Wembley? Whatever, all those fans who have fallen away should look very closely at what is happening come back and give the club the backing it deserves.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2013, 08:37:11 PM »
Not well enough to travel but what a great tonic. I thought the managers comment that David had gone into the dressing room after the final whistle and promised them all a fifty quid bonus was very witty especially when he went on to say that it had doubled the wages for some of them.
What a season this could turn out to be for BUFC with the unveiling of the proposed new stadium. The best Board in the league. A first class manager who has put together a squad willing to give everything for the club and its supporters. After all we have had to put up with could this be a possible promotion year or indeed a return to Wembley? Whatever, all those fans who have fallen away should look very closely at what is happening come back and give the club the backing it deserves.
If it was on FB I'd give the above a "like"

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2013, 08:46:18 PM »

I was thinking that, but there should be some income as I think gate receipts are shared by both teams in FA Trophy games and today's win will have brought in £5000 in prize money as well. Pretty disappointing gate at Southport though. Easily their worst gate of the season. I thought I was being a bit pessimistic with my prediction of 725, so a gate of just 496 of which 90 were from Boston is rather poor.

Did they really give it out as 496? hmmm 90 pilgrims might be about right but were there really only the same amount in the other 3 ends?

Easiest Away day at a perm team we could hope for, you could tell they were poor.  Disappointed we didn't suss out they only had the over the top ball earlier. Once Dennis put them straight they offered nothing and we were completely cruising.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 09:14:53 PM by Lord Cutler Beckett »
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2013, 09:45:29 PM »
These are the teams that are in the second round draw.

This round goes national.

Tamworth
Nuneaton Town
Wrexham
Coalville Town or Grimsby Town
Gateshead
Lincoln City
Woking
Aldershot Town or Weston Super Mare
Staines Town or Luton Town
Ebbsfleet United
Braintree Town
Barnet
Dartford or Forest Green Rovers
Cambridge United

Leamington or Northwich Victoria
Guiseley AFC
Boston United
North Ferriby United
Bradford Park Avenue
Worcester City or AFC Telford United
Barrow AFC

Eastleigh
Whitehawk
Tonbridge Angels or St Albans City
Gosport Borough
Maidenhead United
East Thurrock United or Dover Athletic
Basingstoke Town or Havant & Waterlooville

Leek Town
Chorley
Hendon v Whitstable Town (play Sunday)
Hungerford Town
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2013, 10:54:07 PM »
Gosport Borough away it is then!

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2013, 11:06:39 PM »
An away day will do as long as its within 3 hours of Nottingham

To be fair, we were excellent today, apart from their goal which was more down to Vince parrying the initial shot straight to Ellington and them missing a sitter at 1-0 and hitting the bar late on, we defended well and for long periods they didn't look threatening. First 20-30 mins were tricky but a bit like Gloucester, once we got back in the game, we were well on top, and looked more likely to go 3-1 up.
Well done lads!

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2013, 09:46:47 AM »
What a great result that was. Well done to DG and the team.

I don't really mind who we get,(as long as we win  :bunny ), but it would be nice to get a big game and a big crowd at home to bring in some much needed income to the club.

A Lincoln or Grimsby would be great, but it would be nice if I was still saying the same thing after the next round has been played.