Author Topic: Mr Newton's true intent at last.....  (Read 7943 times)

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Mr Newton's true intent at last.....
« on: November 25, 2013, 01:32:55 PM »
many of us knew this all along...

A planning application without BUFC would get thrown out by the planners, as development in the countryside.

So the purchase of BUFC was for commercial gain all the time. And will Lavaflow now get its £1 million

Over to you Dave ?   :bunny
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 01:44:20 PM by Scouse Pilgrim »
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Mr Newton's true intent at last.....
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 03:21:32 PM »
Even better the Malkinsons get left with white elephant ripe to be picked off by a local property developer...clever move...only business eh  ;)

Seenbetter

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 04:17:03 PM »
So what , SP. We all knew he wasn't doing it out of the goodness of his own heart. But out of all this hopefully we get a new stadium. We still have a club to go to, well those that like supporting Boston United anyway, although there are some that just use the club to stir the sh#t a bit. We hope that it will be self sustaining, although even if it isn't the club may well be something special that an investor in football may be interested in, someone who wont be interested in the club purely to sell of as building land to make a few bob. It has a better looking future than it did before Mr Newton got involved and as I have said before who would begrudge him making some money out of it providing he doesn't screw the club. It's a shame the team don't wear orange, then we could say the future looks bright, the future looks orange.

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 04:31:02 PM »

A planning application without BUFC would get thrown out by the planners, as development in the countryside.

So the purchase of BUFC was for commercial gain all the time. And will Lavaflow now get its £1 million

you know what?  Everybodys entitled to their opinions and mine is,with all respect where due,is that Posts like this make me so angry....

So what I say,The CHestnuts,like any other business,dont do these things out of the goodness of their heart....Im sure its a business decision....

And I ,for one,dont care if the Chestnuts make loads of money out of this proposed venture...all I care about is that they saved my favourite football club from going out of existence and that theyve hopefully found a new home for the Club,from which which they can build a secure foundation for the future....

If you,and others think differently,thats fine by me.....If the whole proposed venture fails and falls flat on its face and the Club goes out of existence then at least you can say " I told you so......"

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 04:51:21 PM »
Bit late on this SP!
Hope you will be more positive when you go onto the Quadrant site!
I really can't understand your motives in this post.
Were you offering to throw money at it along with The Chestnuts when they took the "problem" on?
I guess not, so don't complain if they make a few Bob at the other end!

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 05:04:54 PM »
SP’s sole contribution all those years ago was to hijack organised resistance in the shape of the supporters trust for his own gain. It was on the back foot from the get-go thanks to him gobbing off at Sotnick every fifteen minutes.

For all his current sniping, SP offers no alternative to Boston’s current situation, mainly because there is none. It was rescued by a property development firm so it’s hardly surprising that the club’s future now rests in the middle of a complicated property development scheme that, if successful, will deliver a new ground for the club, substantial investment in the town itself and also allow Newton to reward himself for what will have been a decade of pain as chairman. Mission accomplished. He can then divest himself of the football club, which, hopefully, can run within its means for many years to come, ideally as a sustainable, socially-responsible community venture with significant fan representation at board level to prevent the calamity of 1998-2007 ever happening again.

Everyone wins, don’t they?

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 05:16:49 PM »
SP’s sole contribution all those years ago was to hijack organised resistance in the shape of the supporters trust for his own gain. It was on the back foot from the get-go thanks to him gobbing off at Sotnick every fifteen minutes.

For all his current sniping, SP offers no alternative to Boston’s current situation, mainly because there is none. It was rescued by a property development firm so it’s hardly surprising that the club’s future now rests in the middle of a complicated property development scheme that, if successful, will deliver a new ground for the club, substantial investment in the town itself and also allow Newton to reward himself for what will have been a decade of pain as chairman. Mission accomplished. He can then divest himself of the football club, which, hopefully, can run within its means for many years to come, ideally as a sustainable, socially-responsible community venture with significant fan representation at board level to prevent the calamity of 1998-2007 ever happening again.

Everyone wins, don’t they?
Spot on PeteB

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2013, 05:50:46 PM »
SP, have you never seen the program Dragon's Den? Where the Dragon's main aim is to help get projects off the ground (or give them a bump), yet also make a bit of money themselves?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2013, 06:31:43 PM »
Well said Pete b. What a ridiculous post by SP. The chestnuts have saved our football club and is giving it a great future at the heart of our community. Who cares if the chestnuts make money out of it as long as we have our new ground we should all be happy for them. Ignore silly posts and let's keep supporting the plans for the quadrant.

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2013, 07:40:47 PM »
And will Lavaflow now get its £1 million......

Who owns Lavaflow LTD?

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2013, 08:24:56 PM »
Spot on, Pete. There's nothing I can add.

Anita Goodsheet

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2013, 11:31:17 PM »
And will Lavaflow now get its £1 million......

Who owns Lavaflow LTD?

David Sydney Newton & Neil Robert Kempster

chris47

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2013, 01:00:15 PM »

Are we not all taking this post a littke seriously.

I assumed this was just an ironic post - Am I wrong?

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2013, 05:46:40 PM »

Are we not all taking this post a littke seriously.

I assumed this was just an ironic post - Am I wrong?

No you're correct the only one who takes it seriously is the original poster.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2013, 02:07:52 PM »
Think the question most Boston fans need answering is, Is there a plan B?

If the requisite planning consents are not forthcoming, then what? Chesnuts will not finance the stadium build without the housing ( they are a building company)

Is it all in the hands of the planners? ( and objectors)
Are the fans being proactive? (Or like Trinity fans, sitting back and leaving it to someone else)