Author Topic: we must have won!  (Read 6239 times)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
we must have won!
« on: November 16, 2013, 05:42:37 PM »
Townender quite and moaners quite!

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: we must have won!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 05:45:13 PM »
Were the "Townenders" there, or did they arrive late at the ground??   I don't remember hearing anything from them for the first three quarters of the game!

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 05:56:59 PM »
Just heard Housham on the Radio he sounded really down and sad........ GOOD HA HA HA HA

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 06:43:40 PM »
Never heard the townend until we were 4-1 up........

I'm pleased to see the club NOT ceding to their 'demands' for a Town End 2 at the new ground, it'd be a massive waste of money to satisfy about 10% of the support. The team weren't at their best today but a bit of vocal support from our supposed 'Greatest Ever Fans' wouldn't have gone amiss, instead we got silence as per usual. If I were DN I'd consider shutting that end and saving on stewarding etc, the support from there this season has been tepid.

Comfortable in the end today, if we'd started how we finished the game would have been done by half time but we seem to have to concede to get going.

I thought Marrs did well today, I like how he makes options for other players in possession,  I think he's going to benefit from a spell here getting regular, competitive football as opposed to knocking around Sunderland's academy playing U19 and reserve games.

SWD looked well off the pace today, he's done well this season so I'll excuse him an off day.

We'll play worse teams than Redditch, I thought they showed decent spirit even at 4-1 and they had us worried for 20 minutes or so.

Home draw Monday please.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013, 06:50:53 PM »
Just heard Housham on the Radio he sounded really down and sad........ GOOD HA HA HA HA

Pub team manager in punching above his station shocker!

I assume they lost then, I care so little for pub teams like them and Grantham than I turn the radio off after proper clubs like Lincoln and Boston's reports.

Season over in Gainsborough then, they lost their Cup Final on Tuesday and now no Trophy run and the potential of a few more 700+ gates this season.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 07:30:08 PM »
Gate was well down, didn't the season ticket holders want to pull their weight and pay for this one ??  :bunny
The town end " choir" has been like this most of the season, most looking around for someone to lead off the singing. It shouldn't be like this, from 2.55 they should be chanting away and upping the tempo right from the off.  Only time we shall see this this season at home will be against Stockport.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2013, 07:37:52 PM »
Could anyone hear the Spayne Rd  "choir" ?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2013, 07:58:36 PM »

I assume they lost then, I care so little for pub teams like them and Grantham than I turn the radio off after proper clubs like Lincoln and Boston's reports.

Season over in Gainsborough then, they lost their Cup Final on Tuesday and now no Trophy run and the potential of a few more 700+ gates this season.

Like Big M I found it sad listening to Steve on BBC Lincs ,   admitting the team were very poor and stating that players are not interested in considering moving to Gainsborough now the money had gone .

At least he has not got his head in the sand he fully realises they have a religation fight on their hands .

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2013, 08:11:59 PM »
Is he admitting what a limited manager he is?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2013, 08:56:29 PM »
Can we get Conference teams in this round and is it still regionalised?

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2013, 09:10:58 PM »

Like Big M I found it sad listening to Steve on BBC Lincs ,   admitting the team were very poor and stating that players are not interested in considering moving to Gainsborough now the money had gone .

At least he has not got his head in the sand he fully realises they have a religation fight on their hands .

Which makes the chirping of the GTFC fans last season all the more pathetic.

Without Swann's money they are exposed for what they are - a tin pot outfit no better than Vauxhall or Colwyn Bay.

I've no sympathy for Housham, he had all the mouth last year and a budget probably only bettered by Halifax and Chester, yet he still failed miserably.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2013, 09:21:06 PM »

The 24 Skrill Premier Division teams are added to Monday's draw for the First Round Proper which will take place on Saturday 30th November - so the home game in the Conference North against Workington will have to be rescheduled. The prize money for 1st round winners is £5000. Not sure whether the draw is still regionalised.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2013, 09:24:39 PM »

The 24 Skrill Premier Division teams are added to Monday's draw for the First Round Proper which will take place on Saturday 30th November - so the home game in the Conference North against Workington will have to be rescheduled. The prize money for 1st round winners is £5000. Not sure whether the draw is still regionalised.

Nice trip to Lincolnshire on a Tuesday night before Christmas for Workington.

Challis51

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2013, 09:34:49 PM »
Gate was well down, didn't the season ticket holders want to pull their weight and pay for this one ??  :bunny
The town end " choir" has been like this most of the season, most looking around for someone to lead off the singing. It shouldn't be like this, from 2.55 they should be chanting away and upping the tempo right from the off.  Only time we shall see this this season at home will be against Stockport.

I am a season ticket holder and came today!  ;D Me and Nick2082 thought standing in the Town End would be a good change so we could get involved a bit more with the "chanting and atmosphere build-up" but were a bit disappointed to say the least. The phrase "sing when you're winning" seems apt. We could hear the 27 Redditch supporters before we even set foot inside. And they were going strong even when they were 3-1 down! Admittedly numbers were down today but it's safe to say the Town End could do with a drum thump or 2 in the backside to vamp it up a bit!

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2013, 10:04:05 PM »
Perhaps if Housham took all the firearms away they would be top of the league, anyone else noticed that his last few interviews following games he has stated on Radio Imps that they have shot themselves in the foot, no wonder Tom fell over last week.