Author Topic: New Stadium  (Read 19205 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: New Stadium
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2013, 12:48:49 PM »
Thanks GHM answered all I needed to know :D

No it did,nt Dippy , I overlooked "easy access to Fosdyke " :dan

yam man

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2013, 04:57:28 PM »
Looks impressive. I await the NIMBYs.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2013, 05:08:43 PM »
I suppose if I had a great big complex in my back garden I would object, and so would 90% of posters on here.  Where ever it was built people would object.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2013, 05:09:56 PM »
looks like the North Stand will be the new 'Town End'? Hope the design enhances the acoustic effect to project the 'home' crowd noise. Should incorporate noise damping design in the away section.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2013, 07:25:44 PM »
looks like the North Stand will be the new 'Town End'? Hope the design enhances the acoustic effect to project the 'home' crowd noise. Should incorporate noise damping design in the away section.

removing the roof should do it!!!!

LeeChase

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2013, 04:10:59 PM »
I'm a little disappointing myself, some joker put the red arrows in but no Stump!  :D

p.s. Great work by the chairman to get us this far, if he builds us a new stadium I might stretch to buying him a pint.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 04:12:42 PM by LeeChase »
Touched by his noodly appendage.

Seenbetter

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2013, 10:37:46 PM »
I know it's Very early days yet but just a few observations about the proposed new stadium.
The preferred orientation of a football stadium is a few degrees left of  North. So because the prevailing winds and rain tend to come from the South West the best end for standing home supporters would be the South stand, so would that make them the Kirton Enders. The prevailing winds etc makes the West stand the obvious choice for seating and I think the best section to get out of the wind would be the seats North of the centre line.
My second observation is that we will no longer be able to whisper abuse to the linesmen because as I see it the gap between  the foreward most point at which a spectator can stand to the edge of the pitch is 2.65 metres (approx' 8ft 10inches ) away with a further gap of 2.75 metres (approx' 9ft 2inches ) from the edge of the pitch to the touch line, a total gap of about 18ft. If they could reduce that gap to about 8ft and moved the buildings in a bit there would be more parking space available outside the ground.  :D
Well that's just wasted 20 minutes.
Ps Any chance of incorporating a fishing lake nearby so a few of us could make a really good day of it.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2013, 08:56:37 AM »
What would the new stands be called?  May I suggest they be named after ( in my opinion ) the four best managers ever to manage our little team.  In no particular order, Jim Smith, Don Donavan, Howard Wilkinson and Arthur Mann.  We could name the stadium The Newton Kempster  Stadium, the toilets could be called larva flow. ;)
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2013, 09:46:56 AM »
Bastock's Bar...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2013, 11:17:20 AM »
Conte's Corner.

Seenbetter

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2013, 02:05:47 PM »
Wyberton has got a castle near to the ground so how about The Castle Ground.

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2013, 02:32:42 PM »
Wyberton has got a castle near to the ground so how about The Castle Ground.

Very dubious provenance for a couple of old mounds in a field......spoken by a Wybertonian.

Seenbetter

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2013, 02:53:33 PM »
Just trying to put Wyberton on the map just like the castle is, have to agree with you though.

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2013, 03:11:41 PM »
Whatever or whoever else is commemorated in naming stands, bars, etc., some recognition should go to Ray Middleton. 6-1 at Derby County still stands as our greatest achievement.

Patrick

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2013, 06:21:49 PM »
If one of the rooms isn't sponsored and called the Jakemans Suite, then they are wasting everybody's time.