Author Topic: New Stadium  (Read 19207 times)

Boston Standard

• View Profile
New Stadium
« on: November 14, 2013, 09:33:41 PM »

Boston Standard

• View Profile
Re: New Stadium
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 09:48:41 PM »
David Newton has since added stadium shall cost approx £5m, including £2m funding and around £3m from enabling development.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 11:35:32 PM »
Well .all that was expected..still a way to go by the looks . 3 sided as such and all stand excepting main stand.
   No mention how many  seats..
 Pity the Malks couldn't be kept onside to build a big entertainment facility next door ..
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 11:39:57 PM by father Ted »

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 12:18:04 AM »
Have to presume that you didn't make it tonight Father Ted Please take time to look closely at what is proposed and stop guessing, there are some 1700 seats do you think that may be enough to start with? There are four stands, oh why am I bothering you will be wanting your toenails cutting for you next.

Seenbetter

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 09:33:05 AM »
I was impressed by the forward planning of the project. I think it was Mr Newton who said there would be room available in the seated section for more seats to be added at a later time to bring the ground up to higher league status should they ever be needed.
I was surprised when he declared that the water costs alone for York Street are around £10000.
He also gave good reason for not staying at York Street, apparently the cost of maintaining and running the ground would make it unsustainable.
Dennis Green summed it up for me when he used the word Inspirational.
Long way to go but I think the right people are in charge to get the job done.

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 10:00:01 AM »
So the new stadium is to the east of the A16, not between the A16 and Chain Bridge road. The major development between the A16 and Chain Bridge road appears to incorporate a "marina". Alongside the Forty Foot?

http://thequadrantboston.co.uk/the-project/q2/

'aint artists impressions and CGI imaging wonderful?

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 10:37:29 AM »
let the protests begin, looking at the plan it looks like the stadium is to the east of the A16, with the housing development to the west.  Will there be plenty of parking?  Will the council support such a major Development? Can we get funding from any organisations?

I was not at the meeting last night, perhaps these questions were answered.  If they have been could someone please post, thanks.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

copper89

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2013, 10:44:16 AM »
Unfortunately couldnt make the meeting so may be a simple answer to this. I see there is mention of a 3G pitch which I can understand why. If this is for the main pitch am I right in thinking that 3G pitches come with exclusions regarding promotion/FA Cup etc.

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2013, 10:56:47 AM »
For those who just cant be arsed to look at the website

http://thequadrantboston.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/7283-200-rev-P1.pdf
http://thequadrantboston.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/7283-101-rev-P4.pdf
http://thequadrantboston.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/7283-100-rev-P2.pdf
http://thequadrantboston.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/7283-010-rev-P2.pdf

It has a All weather pitch to hire out and community sports all in the main stand there is the new Pilgrim lounge and a banqueting suite. With classrooms and hospitality boxes.
There are also loads of parking spaces it's all on the website.
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2013, 10:59:06 AM »
I think we should all congratulate the chairman and his team for what looks like a tremendous plan for the future. I dread to think where we would be without DN as chairman.

I am sure things on the plan will be tweaked and added to, but what an opportunity to develop something positive for the town and club.

Andy made reference on a different thread about involving the fans, I understand there is to be a consutation workshop for us on Wed 27 Nov for first input.

I just hope the Boston Council are on board with the wider plan and plans for the football club.

Seenbetter

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2013, 11:06:53 AM »
Hope this helps Dipdodah.
On the plan there are green sections (not the green all weather pitch or the stadium pitch) that are around the stadium that will be used for car parking but they have not been marked out yet because the car park layout has yet to be finalised but I think there will be room for about 300 cars.
I got the impression that the local and county councils have been involved already and things look positive in that area.
As for funding, I think there is about £5.000,000 that could be tapped in varying forms of grants from development funds at both county and national levels. It would leave about £500,000 to be found by other means.
Obviously a lot of work and negotiating to do yet and some things probably going on behind the scenes that need to be kept secret for business reasons but things sounded positive.
One point that was emphasised at the meeting was this, if things don't go well and the club is not relocated by the time the current lease expires then it will almost certainly be Goodnight Boston United.
If you go to www.thequadrantboston.co.uk it will probably answer most of you questions.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2013, 11:42:59 AM »
Well .all that was expected..still a way to go by the looks . 3 sided as such and all stand excepting main stand.
   No mention how many  seats..
 Pity the Malks couldn't be kept onside to build a big entertainment facility next door ..

As oxo says stop guessing and looking for negatives .  1700 seats with terraces constructed to allow easy conversion to seating , this opposed to the 1300 seats at YS .

Plenty of space at York St for Malkies to expand when Bufc leave , thankfully the club will be clear of all ties with that family then .

It is only just beginning to emerge to many that we have moved into a new era with Cheastnuts at the helm , only last night did many realise what they have achieved already and this is the most exciting period fo the TOWN and the football team it the 65 years I have supported it .

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2013, 11:57:21 AM »
Well said GHM. Very exciting project for the club and town as a whole. Now is the time for us the supporters to really support the chestnuts in making this a reality. We can't sit back and expect chestnut to do all the hard work. Come on lets get behind the club and all come together as one for the good of the whole community.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2013, 11:58:04 AM »
I think we should all congratulate the chairman and his team for what looks like a tremendous plan for the future. I dread to think where we would be without DN as chairman.

I am sure things on the plan will be tweaked and added to, but what an opportunity to develop something positive for the town and club.

Andy made reference on a different thread about involving the fans, I understand there is to be a consutation workshop for us on Wed 27 Nov for first input.

I just hope the Boston Council are on board with the wider plan and plans for the football club.

Your right Dave without Newton we would not have a club today , without the council and public backing for these plans we will not have a football club in 5 years time .
In all honesty looking at what Chestnuts have achieved already with acadamy etc ,and their vast knowledge in construction and business I don,t think any advice will be required from us fans .

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2013, 12:44:04 PM »
Thanks GHM answered all I needed to know :D
The older I get, the earlier it gets late