Author Topic: Ok then...  (Read 24322 times)

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ok then...
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2013, 04:51:48 PM »
Has anyone thought what we might name the ground? Surely it won't be called 'The Quadrant'!

Pie in The Sky, Breezeblock Park.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2013, 04:57:51 PM »
Surely roof floodlights would be too low?

Far, far too low, yes. Pylons the only way forward.

Actually, that's where the designers can make a big difference to the overall feel of the ground. Stick up four cheap, generic looking sticks, the kind you see absolutely everywhere, and the ground will look and feel more like the Deva Stadium. Take a bit of care and have something a little more 'designer', like the Trent Bridge lights (although I'm not suggesting they should be that big) and the place instantly seems a lot smarter.

What are the lights like at Burton?

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2013, 05:05:40 PM »
Has anyone thought what we might name the ground? Surely it won't be called 'The Quadrant'!

Pie in The Sky, Breezeblock Park.

Mr Shoddy being downbeat again!!! ???

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2013, 05:25:17 PM »
I wasn't there last night - it's difficult sometimes to get back to Boston for a 7:45 kick-off so a 7:00 forum was a bit of a non-starter. For the same reason the 7 o'clock consultation workshop on 27th November is going to be awkward, so I'm hoping there'll be other mechanisms by which supporters from away from the town can have their views heard. Maybe there ought to be some kind of similar workshop bolted onto the back of a home game?

From what I've read and heard since last night the plans are looking very good, so congratulations to David Newton and everyone else concerned.

In terms of ideas for the stadium, did anyone else pop into the museum area of Wincham Park the last time we visited Witton Albion? Witton's ground is generally nothing to write home about, but what they have done is set a room up with all sorts of their club memorabilia - old programmes, newspaper cuttings, team photos and kits from yesteryear, etc. - all neatly on show behind glass cabinets. There's even a 1920s seat salvaged from their old stadium before they moved grounds. I'd never seen a non-league club do anything like that before, and even as an away supporter it was very interesting to look around. It was only a small room, but it set Witton apart from just about every other stadium in the Unibond League.

I've looked on line but have only found one image - which doesn't really do the whole room justice - but this is effectively what they've done ...

We all understand the need for moving to a new stadium and having looked at the plans on-line it can't happen soon enough. York Street has been a great stadium but we have to move on. At the same though it'd be nice to have an area somewhere within the stadium which is accessible to fans and which acts as a momento to our heritage and our history and helps maintain our identity after we've left York Street. We've beaten Derby 6-1 in the FA Cup, been to Wembley and played in the Football League. We've had famous players and plenty of club legends down the years, so we wouldn't be short of things we could commemorate.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 05:26:55 PM by leicester pilgrim »

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2013, 05:51:45 PM »
Yes ..good idea lp  it has to happen .
 DerbyCounty  worked a lot of memorabillia and pics into their coffee bar ..built into the corner of Pride park .. so accessible in the daytime and probably used by non football fans and business people as well .
                    Yes  the options are endless . . .

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2013, 06:11:39 PM »
Disabled access and ease of future development has to be kept in mind, but I think if the smaller stands were elevated (so that even the first row of terracing was elevated) then it would make the stadium look neater in terms of having stands of a similar height. It would also allow more space for advertising - with two rows of hoardings (as the Fantasy Island Stand has) as opposed to one. We don't want one stand dwarfing the others to the same extent as at Mansfield.

DN spent a good few minutes highlighting the thought gone into disabled access with elevated access in the main stand with full field of vision for all.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2013, 06:14:19 PM »
Wonder if the local M P  is showing any interest and is he being lobbied ?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2013, 06:17:11 PM »
Report just been on ITV's Calendar.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2013, 07:23:57 PM »
Wonder if the local M P  is showing any interest and is he being lobbied ?

Contact his office manager , she may know.

worldwide

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2013, 07:31:56 PM »
Plans were passed a few months ago for a new marina to be built in Boston - what I find odd is how the Q2 plans also incorporate a marina.   Surely Boston isn't big enough or there isn't sufficient demand to support two marinas?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2013, 07:32:48 PM »
Other good news from last night was that DN said he was confident that  Scott Garner will stay for the season.

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2013, 08:46:32 PM »
Just seen the Quadrant plans.

As impressive as they are I can see some serious objections from the residents around Tytton Lane, London Rd and Wyberton.

It could be a rocky road ahead.

But I'm impressed, lets just hope the stadium plans are revised with a bit more imagination.

Never known a sizable plan in Boston thats failed to raise objections .

never known a sizeable plan in boston that went ahead.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2013, 09:01:00 PM »
This has got to happen else boston united fc will no longer exists it's that simple and this is a massive boost to local economy and provides the town with modern facilities and 450 jobs.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2013, 09:02:30 PM »
This has got to happen else boston united fc will no longer exists it's that simple and this is a massive boost to local economy and provides the town with modern facilities and 450 jobs.

And much needed houses

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2013, 09:05:58 PM »
W Y P all council tax payers in Boston remember a £8million white elephant being given planning permission .