Author Topic: Ok then...  (Read 24317 times)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ok then...
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2013, 12:42:05 PM »
I wasn't at last night's forum yet even I know there's going to be a workshop when fans can have their say in the designs...

Haven't had chance to look at the plans in much detail yet but superficially they good good to me. Yes, it's a shame the club will have to move out of the town centre, it's not ideal, but it's unrealistic to think they could stay.

All i would say is that the plans look exceptionally ambitious - this will be a massive development, the biggest the town will have seen in my lifetime, and I certainly don't envy Newton and Kempster having to win around locals and a council that is historically quite conservative. That said, it seems BBC have been working alongside the club for some time now - which certainly wasn't the case with Sotnick's proposal - which can only help.

All-in-all, very impressive. Kudos all round.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2013, 12:55:51 PM »
I wasn't at last night's forum yet even I know there's going to be a workshop when fans can have their say in the designs...

Haven't had chance to look at the plans in much detail yet but superficially they good good to me. Yes, it's a shame the club will have to move out of the town centre, it's not ideal, but it's unrealistic to think they could stay.

All i would say is that the plans look exceptionally ambitious - this will be a massive development, the biggest the town will have seen in my lifetime, and I certainly don't envy Newton and Kempster having to win around locals and a council that is historically quite conservative. That said, it seems BBC have been working alongside the club for some time now - which certainly wasn't the case with Sotnick's proposal - which can only help.

All-in-all, very impressive. Kudos all round.
Agree with all that Pete excecpt after last night this great move can,t come soon enough , I am sure we will look back over the great times at YS but admit what a tired and outdated stadium it has become .

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2013, 01:26:30 PM »
I agree that York Street is now looking tired and dated. It's a lovely old stadium which will be missed but the time is right for a move. Even if Boston COULD stay, the work required to maintain it over the next 10-15 years would be substantial.

What I was actually referring to was the town centre location. Let's be honest, being able to go for a few drinks in the town centre and pop across to the football is something everyone is going to miss even more than YS, and it's an increasingly rare matchday experience across the country these days. But, as I say, staying close to the centre is simply not an option. What the club have delivered here is the next best thing. It's not a ground lost within a giant, soulless retail park; I like how it stands apart as a separate entity, and the rest of the quadrant development should ensure it doesn’t feel too isolated on the edge of town – certainly not as much as the Boardsides would have done. The stadium itself is exactly what I would have wanted for the club – the main stand really looks the part, and I’m sure there are numerous inexpensive tweaks that could be made to give it a sense of ‘identity’.

A lot of work has gone into this, which explains why we’ve been waiting so long for an announcement. I have seen in the last hour that the leader of the BBC is very positive about the development. It’s massive for Boston - let’s just hope the town gets behind it.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2013, 01:32:25 PM »
I was asked to speak on Radio Lincolnshire this morning which I did. What impressed me was just before I spoke Scott had been talking live to the leader of Boston Borough Council, He stated he was thrilled and excited by the plans and had been in talks for a long time with Chestnut Homes and had found it difficult to keep the meetings under wraps, He also said all the proposals fell within the Boston plan regarding new homes and roads, all very encouraging. For those that couldn't be there last night David, Neil and team will be presenting all the plans in a similar manner to last night to the full council on Monday evening. You know what is really impressive and why we supporters should do everything we can to ensure these plans come to fruition is the fact that it was us the fans who were chosen see them first.
Just to remind everyone there will be a fans consultation workshop in the Pilgrims Lounge between 7pm and 9pm on Wednesday 27th November. I know there are those in Andy's position who find it difficult to attend in the evening but there is also to be a public exhibition at the ground in the Cropley Lounge on Saturday 25th November 12 to 5pm. Also the exhibition will take place on Wednesday 4th December where everyone can call in, ask questions and make suggestion.
Sorry to have gone on a bit just trying to inform those who could not be there last night. By the way Rossy was buying drinks for the manager and board trying to secure a 4yr contract so he can lead the team out at the new stadium.

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2013, 02:07:42 PM »
Just got to say how impressive this all looks.

As already mentioned I can totally understand why this has taken so long, this is by no means just a new stadium but an expanding part of town , just looks great, if this doesnt inspire the club from top to bottom nothing will. My only request is a footbridge over the river for the Fishtoft Crew to save on fuel.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2013, 02:11:31 PM »
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Martyn Bishop

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2013, 02:39:15 PM »
Has anyone thought what we might name the ground? Surely it won't be called 'The Quadrant'!

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2013, 02:41:09 PM »
Name  ??
 Whichever sponsor coughs up most money.. like every where else .

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2013, 02:42:36 PM »
It's incumbent on everyone with an interest in BUFC to get behind this plan and convince the council. If the Chestnuts can pull this off then deserve a knighthood and the freedom of the town! I have every confidence that they've thought about this long and hard and considered every option.

If this doesn't happen then I don't see Boston United surviving as a football club.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2013, 02:52:49 PM »
Listening to 'sensible' Scott Daltons breakfast show to glean any reaction ..

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2013, 02:59:25 PM »
The new link road should be called Newton Way...
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2013, 03:13:52 PM »
Roof floodlights do look good.but may be expensive & difficult to site as one end is 'open'..

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2013, 03:44:11 PM »
Surely roof floodlights would be too low?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2013, 04:01:00 PM »
Surely roof floodlights would be too low?

Yes ,   planners never miss a trick they have to take into consideration that there are teams that play hoof ball  :)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2013, 04:42:38 PM »
Has anyone thought what we might name the ground? Surely it won't be called 'The Quadrant'!
The New Kemp (see what I did there :) )