Author Topic: Ok then...  (Read 24318 times)

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ok then...
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2013, 12:04:15 AM »
Anything which helps diversify the occupational base of the Town should be welcome .

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2013, 06:55:43 AM »
Mel, I wonder if the club has explored the possibility of setting up a fans consultation group with regards to what they want in  regards of the stadium?

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2013, 07:17:26 AM »
If it does go ahead, it would be within walking distance of me and I mean 5 minutes walk.

Check the grass knoll and the chips and curry  :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2013, 07:28:24 AM »
I think the whole thing looks very exciting. On n40s point id like to see a large mayflower ship like on the badge above the main stand

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2013, 08:07:31 AM »
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2013, 08:24:28 AM »
Ha ha brilliant, yes thats the sorta idea. Maybe a little large though. Maybe more of a black metal although a smaller version of that sort of thing. Probs leave the skull off though  :)

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2013, 08:26:48 AM »
Maybe have a bar in it selling knock off sailors vodka?
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2013, 08:31:47 AM »
I could work. Whats the endeavour up to we could use it. (See how i used the Endeavour-Lord Cutler Beckett link  ;D)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 08:36:15 AM by The Big M »

nikko

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2013, 08:57:57 AM »
lets go the whole hog and have a ruddy great fountain in front of it!!.........money is tight and if it has to be basic,so be it

Seenbetter

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2013, 09:21:53 AM »
Fer crying out loud Andy give it a chance. Got to agree with Oxo, it's VERY early days and there will surely be changes to nearly every aspect of the scheme. Anyway a clock would be a distraction to the players, we want footballers not clock watchers.
Love the ship over the stand, perhaps we could have a stand with a large dark cloud over it where the miseries can gather.
If you are reading this Mr Newton is there any chance of a direct road to Westwood fishing lakes so I could make a full glorious day of it.

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2013, 09:54:36 AM »
If you are reading this Mr Newton....

No doubt he is but if not then Erica Glegg will report back to him anyway. I think the whole project looks great for Boston as a town if it can get pushed through. No doubt it will have a few losers along the way, maybe these need looking after....

One thing that I don't understand or have maybe missed, but I thought a Quadrant had four pieces and this one only as two....so far.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 09:58:48 AM by qwerty »

Seenbetter

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2013, 11:12:27 AM »
Perhaps one quarter is the stadium, another quarter is the housing development next to the A16, another quarter is the housing development near to Wyberton Chain Bridge and the final quarter could be the Marina. It could be that perhaps Mr Newton and Mr Kempster are crap at maths. Who knows ?

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2013, 11:39:13 AM »
Perhaps one quarter is the stadium, another quarter is the housing development next to the A16, another quarter is the housing development near to Wyberton Chain Bridge and the final quarter could be the Marina.

It could be, no doubt we'll get clarification in due course.

One thing I do know for sure is my lad (U15's CofE) is looking forward to being one of the first to play in the new stadium.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2013, 12:08:24 PM »
Mel, I wonder if the club has explored the possibility of setting up a fans consultation group with regards to what they want in  regards of the stadium?

Being at the presentation last night Andy it was clear Chestnuts have thought of everything the fans will demand in a new stadium .  In fact when you get to scutinise the plans I think you will find it contains many things we fans would not have thought of .     

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2013, 12:29:38 PM »
Being a single parent I was unable to attend........

One of the many joys of my situation in life......... :-\