Author Topic: BUFC win away at Gainsborough  (Read 8939 times)

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
Re: BUFC win away at Gainsborough
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2013, 07:54:19 AM »
He mentioned it right at the start and said it was a red and little else. The interviewer then made comment about him not being able to play in the trophy and then on a 3 match ban so his loan was a waste of time.

It was Steer he went through I think, a proper death lunge and not too long after another he'd been lucky to get away with by catching the ball first.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Seenbetter

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2013, 07:59:59 PM »
Thanks LCB.

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2013, 08:31:27 PM »
Gotta be happy with that.

Pleased for Ricky Miller. Pleased for the keeper for the clean sheet. Pleased for the fans that went.

Now for 3 pts on Saturday.

that will be tricky cos its a cup game for us on Saturday!

Well spotted that man!!! Was looking at the fixture card the club gave out at the start of the season, failed to notice the blank Saturday reserved for the Trophy. ooppss

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2013, 05:58:27 PM »
I find it incredulous that Housham should be considered for the vacancy at Scunthorpe. In his BBC Lincs interview
after their win at Colwyn Bay I cringed when he talked himself up suggesting their win was because he is a good manager because his new signings attributed to their win.

Even with loads of money at his disposal he won nothing at Gainsborough and his suggestion prior to their Trophy exit last week that the town were buzzing about their semi final appearance last season is so wide of mark.

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2013, 05:23:02 PM »
I find it incredulous that Housham should be considered for the vacancy at Scunthorpe. In his BBC Lincs interview
after their win at Colwyn Bay I cringed when he talked himself up suggesting their win was because he is a good manager because his new signings attributed to their win.

Even with loads of money at his disposal he won nothing at Gainsborough and his suggestion prior to their Trophy exit last week that the town were buzzing about their semi final appearance last season is so wide of mark.

What do you base this post on?

Your manager is getting plaudits (rightly) because the players he has brought in are doing well....go figure

Housham took over from Brian Little( football genius) and has had budget cuts each season (lower budget than BUFC last season) and this season much much lower.
Last season the town was buzzing about the cup run- why would that be so wide of the mark?

Housham was linked to Scunthorpe because the chairman knows how well he did, given his budget- not incredulous or rocket science

Boston are in a good place league wise, you should enjoy where you are- not worrying if Trinity's manager is going to Scunthorpe

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2013, 05:39:08 PM »
(lower budget than BUFC last season) and this season much much lower.

;D
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2013, 06:03:11 PM »

Your manager is getting plaudits (rightly) because the players he has brought in are doing well....go figure

Housham took over from Brian Little( football genius) and has had budget cuts each season (lower budget than BUFC last season) and this season much much lower.
Last season the town was buzzing about the cup run- why would that be so wide of the mark?

Housham was linked to Scunthorpe because the chairman knows how well he did, given his budget- not incredulous or rocket science

Boston are in a good place league wise, you should enjoy where you are- not worrying if Trinity's manager is going to Scunthorpe
You are joking about last season's budget aren't you? You had Jamie Yates, and then offered good money to Mark Jones... those 2 would probably have taken up a third of our budget last season on what they probably earned at the Northolme!

This season, I imagine we have similar sized budgets - however, as some of your players are earning less than last season, there is probably a case of them not being as arsed as last year. There's no more monopoly money to dangle in front of their noses...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2013, 06:04:36 PM »
Are you serious?? Lower budget than bufc last season?? Don't talk so much rubbish. I'm sure Jamie Yates left boston for trinity for less money,housham is a poor manager.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2013, 07:54:52 PM »

Are you Housham's appointed apologist?

The man's a dreadful manager, even worse than Evans because at least when Evans has a few bob more than most he gets teams challenging. Housham never got close despite having a budget that was commonly accepted was only lower than Halifax and Chester's last season. A Trophy run barely covers up his ineptitude, you beat a couple of Conference sides would were relegated and a piss poor Tamworth side without 10 regulars missing.

If there'd been budget cuts last season Yeats would have been gone then, not at the end of last season. He thinks of one thing only, and thats himself and what he can take from a football club.

Stop taking us for the fools you lot were for thinking Swann would hang around chucking that sort of money about for any serious length of time.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2013, 08:41:48 PM »
Horsham said in one of his interviews a couple of weeks back he's struggling as his budget has been cut. He said last yeah we could sign any player we wanted. Shame he couldn't get them to play. And he proved his ineptitude by signing Tom ward, who in anyone's eyes isn't good enough for this level

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2013, 09:03:47 PM »

The man's a dreadful manager, even worse than Evans because at least when Evans has a few bob more than most he gets teams challenging. Housham never got close despite having a budget that was commonly accepted was only lower than Halifax and Chester's last season. A Trophy run barely covers up his ineptitude, you beat a couple of Conference sides would were relegated and a piss poor Tamworth side without 10 regulars missing.

If there'd been budget cuts last season Yeats would have been gone then, not at the end of last season. He thinks of one thing only, and thats himself and what he can take from a football club.

Stop taking us for the fools you lot were for thinking Swann would hang around chucking that sort of money about for any serious length of time.

You will know a poor manager when you see one (Lee, Drury etc)

Budget "commonly accepted" - by who?
( by BUFC fans, looking to cover up their own clubs deficiencies? )

Look at the clubs accounts. Boston have increased their liabilities to around £2m, another huge loss on the season, even with big crowds and good sponsorship deals (comparatively) this would suggest the playing budget is much greater than you are trying to suggest
Yates stayed last season because he still had a contract

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2013, 09:06:44 PM »
It was housham that said he had a big budget.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2013, 09:37:17 PM »

You will know a poor manager when you see one (Lee, Drury etc)

Budget "commonly accepted" - by who?
( by BUFC fans, looking to cover up their own clubs deficiencies? )

Look at the clubs accounts. Boston have increased their liabilities to around £2m, another huge loss on the season, even with big crowds and good sponsorship deals (comparatively) this would suggest the playing budget is much greater than you are trying to suggest
Yates stayed last season because he still had a contract

Don't want to get into any arguments about managers and budgets etc, but our balance sheet is poor because we still have to run the place as if we were still in the FL because of our ground grading. The other factor is rent I would guess our rent is nearly as big as most clubs playing budget 70 odd thousand per year. I would guess our budget this year is more than Trinitys but not one of the biggest in this lge that's for sure.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Seenbetter

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2013, 10:05:09 PM »
Hi Steelihat. I am not a financial whizzkid and certainly not fully aware of Bostons liabilities as I am sure you may not be fully aware of GTs financial liabilities but just one question I would ask of you. What do you class as 'liabilities' and how do you come to the figure of £2,000,000 as regards Bostons liabilities.
And I am sure that anyone else on here who was at the Thursday evening meeting will correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I heard Mr Newton say they anticipated a loss of about £100,000 this season.
Perhaps a lot of Bostons over spending may be due to the initial expense involved with the planning of the new development and certainly because of the cost of running our apparently worn out ground.
One thing I am sure of is that 2 of our ex players only went to Gainsborough because of the ridiculous money offered to them and who would blame them, footballers loyalty is generally governed by a wallet.